Login

russian armor

Winter Balance Suggestions.

10 Dec 2016, 01:21 AM

So my time is increasingly limited, especially this time of year, so I decided to construct a very basic set of changes in a mod to illustrate some ideas that might really help the efforts:

Winter Balance Suggestions:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=815337507

USF Changes:

Moved mortar team to LT tier.
M20 armor skirts adds 140 health instead of 80.
M20 base health reduced 40. (200 from 240)
Reduce initial Lieutenant squad fuel cost by 20. (30 from 50)
Increase Weapons rack cost by 10 fuel. (25 from 15)
M1919s also require weapons rack upgraded.
Increase Captain cost by 15 fuel. (75 from 60)
AA HT fuel cost increased 10. (60 from 50)
AA HT manpower cost reduced 30. (320 from 350)
M20 fuel cost increased 10. (30 from 20)
Lieutenant comes without BAR, may purchase BAR for 50 muni.
Lieutenant loadout uses Riflemen rifle instead of Captain thompson.
Lieutenant unlock upgrade time increased to 70 seconds from 60.
Major unlock upgrade increased by 5 fuel. (125 from 120)
Major unlock upgrade time decreased to 50 seconds from 60.
Rear Echelon can lay mines once upgraded with minesweepers.

Ostheer Changes:

Grenadier panzerfaust damage to 120 from 100.
Grenadier panzerfaust deflection damage multiplier to 0.8 from 0.45
Chance to induce a damage engine critical changed to 50% health from 75% health.

OKW Changes:

Volks grenadier faust to 120 damage from 100.
Gave the volks faust the same 5 damage explosion on deflection that the grenadier faust has.
Vet 4 faust unchanged: still deals 160 damage
Health to damage engine unchanged, still 75%
Didn't give it the 5 damage explosion.

Soviets Changes:

Maxim moved to T1.
Sniper Team moved to T2.
Conscript molotovs and AT grenades merged into a 125mp 40 fuel upgrade.
Demolition Charges and Satchel Charges locked behind a 125mp 30 fuel upgrade from HQ.

Try it out yourself, dismiss it, explore it, love it, hate it, I figured this is probably my best way to communicating my ideas. ;) But hey, if you have any suggestions you'd like to see, post them here! If I have the time and its feasible enough I'll try to implement it so that it can be put to the test! I got a couple days off this weekend. :D

10 Dec 2016, 17:48 PM

why we have this pool, we already have one where you can write your suggestions and modders have subscribed that thread so they instantly know when you give them feedback
10 Dec 2016, 18:54 PM

Because I'm not just writing suggestions to the other modders. I'm presenting a mod of my own creation that features very simple changes that can also be seen as an alternative to the preview patch.

In my opinion a lot of energy is being put into things like scatter values and AoE of weapons in the Winter Preview Patch that may or may not prove fruitful (Or accomplish the intended goals). They don't want to hear someone say they think they have the wrong idea. (Who does?) But rather than just be dismissed, I decided to present my ideas in a more concrete form. It is my hope that the modding efforts would benefit from a different perspective that looks to make minimal changes to unit combat stats.
10 Dec 2016, 20:18 PM

Where are the OKW/Soviet/Brit changes? D:

Out of those ideas, the one that's really compatible with the current balance mod is probably the m20 armoured skirt changes. tbh, I wouldn't bother buying skirts, currently, since the new LT tier is so ammo-starved, and the skirts barely affect survivability where it matters at all.

For the Lieutenant/Captain garand thing, you need to follow the procedure listed here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_ZrH0gUcr0

I've already implemented that in my mod a long time ago, if you are too lazy about opening and comparing abp files:
https://github.com/smithereenscoh2/qol_mod/tree/master/data/art/armies
10 Dec 2016, 22:38 PM

Ah yes, that was the procedure. I wanted to get the function of LT having the mortar up more than anything.

Soviets I didn't get time to when making this mod in an evening. ;) The AT Satchels were something I'd been wanting to create though.

OKW in particular I think require a significant amount of retooling to have work. (Hey I gave them a little more damaging faust. ;) ) Brits are in a similar camp. While I feel like they could be made to work a whole lot better, those changes would be rather drastic.

(And OKW and Brits aren't in the Scope, right? ;) )
8 Jan 2017, 18:04 PM

Bump.

Soviets:

Maxim moved to T1.
Sniper Team moved to T2.
Demolition Charges and Satchel Charges locked behind a 125mp 30 fuel upgrade from HQ.

Real sweet and simple.

I am juggling whether or not to merge the changes I made with my other test mod where I swapped Guards and Penal Battalions in addition. (Penals became doctrinal. PTRS stayed doctrinal. Guards needed the conscript grenade upgrades to throw their grenades. Scaled Guards down slightly.)

8 Jan 2017, 18:12 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Bump.

Soviets:

Maxim moved to T1.
Sniper Team moved to T2.

Real sweet and simple.

I am juggling whether or not to merge the changes I made with my other test mod where I swapped Guards and Penal Battalions in addition. (Penals became doctrinal. PTRS stayed doctrinal. Guards needed the conscript grenade upgrades to throw their grenades. Scaled Guards down slightly.)

70 fuel for grenades/charges?
8 Jan 2017, 18:48 PM

It's the exact same fuel as it would take for molotovs and at nades. The change is you get both at once.

It's introducing 30 fuel for satchels and demos.
10 Jan 2017, 14:45 PM

What do you have against satchels?
10 Jan 2017, 15:00 PM

Nothing, I think they're wonderful.

This is a suggestion for the Winter Balance Patch modders. If they ignore it, I'll just harvest or rebuild the AT Satchel functionality.

That's what this is intended for.
10 Jan 2017, 15:18 PM

Nothing, I think they're wonderful.

This is a suggestion for the Winter Balance Patch modders. If they ignore it, I'll just harvest or rebuild the AT Satchel functionality.

That's what this is intended for.

Interesting idea, although I think that having to research satchels and charges for a doctrinal unit is a bit weird. It puts them in a similar spot to Stormtroopers, who also have to upgrade to become useful, although Penals wouldn't suffer to the same extent as they perform well even without satchels and they only need a one time global research. I also don't think that Penals perform well enough to come in at the same time Guards did previously, while now Guards can come in quite a bit too soon. This definitely requires some tweaking.
10 Jan 2017, 17:26 PM

Doctrinal?

I didn't implement the penal-guard switch.

Even so that change puts penals at 0 cp.

I just swapped maxims and snipers since I think that's a more worthwhile change to try out than messing with penals or t1 infantry.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★