Login

russian armor

Suggesting Cone of Fire for the turretless TD

30 Nov 2016, 20:51 PM

I think that could work. I have something like that in my mod for Crocodile/AVRE. Though it is hard trying to convince the gun to engage the same target as the aiming-weapon.

This can be accomplished by increasing the value if I think 'last target' in target priority to a higher or equal value than suggested target. The idea is that the suggested target will always become the last target once move and stop commands are issued.

I'm not at a comp with mod tools to check, but I remember editing those values in such a manner did wonders for making turrets vehicles maintain targets while pathing. It's been quite a while so I don't kow how much those values have been changed since brits, if at all.
30 Nov 2016, 21:02 PM

And also adding max range for tanks ?

Here is picture how it looks in old game codename panzers, notice red circle around tank

30 Nov 2016, 21:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Someday. Though not yet :(

I think we've kind of locked the changes and QoL changes we want to introduce for next patch to the one that "there is absolutely no single person in CoH2 that won't think of this change as beneficial". For Hold Fire, there might exist a few people that will complain about lack of prioritse vehicle on AT guns, because they want to snipe infantry models/destroy cover with them.

Oh so, there's no method available to you to implement both Prioritize Vehicles and Hold Fire at the time? Was hoping to be able to use both.
30 Nov 2016, 21:27 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

And also adding max range for tanks ?

Here is picture how it looks in old game codename panzers, notice red circle around tank

OMG it is Phase One! Nostalgie! Like this idea
P.S. Bar with information about unit much more informative. Especially expirience, healthpoints, and armor.
30 Nov 2016, 22:34 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2016, 21:23 PMVuther

Oh so, there's no method available to you to implement both Prioritize Vehicles and Hold Fire at the time? Was hoping to be able to use both.

I always wonder why we didn't have Free Fire/Prioritize Vehicle/Hold Fire on the same button. Is there any impediment to cycle through 3 rather than 2 ?
30 Nov 2016, 22:52 PM
Donator 11

I always wonder why we didn't have Free Fire/Prioritize Vehicle/Hold Fire on the same button. Is there any impediment to cycle through 3 rather than 2 ?

+1 Good idea
30 Nov 2016, 22:57 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

You can include two states in a single toggle ability. For three different states, you'd probably have to make three separate abilities occupying the same UI position, with temporary upgrades determining which one is shown. It's more complicated, but definitely possible. Might mess up hotkeys, though!
1 Dec 2016, 00:25 AM

You can include two states in a single toggle ability. For three different states, you'd probably have to make three separate abilities occupying the same UI position, with temporary upgrades determining which one is shown. It's more complicated, but definitely possible. Might mess up hotkeys, though!

It can work. It's tedious to create but it works. Every behavior state would occupy on slot (say, 31) and each would require a different state to trigger being dis pl ayed. So hold fire would appear when tanks only is enabled, then free fire would be set to appear on hold fire, and lastly tanks only would appear when the unit is on free fire mode. The trick is having the dependency for each trigger a status on the unit. (Free fire can't just be the default state without a triggering status. It'd effectively be a dummy ability.)
1 Dec 2016, 10:45 AM

While we're talking about movement penalties, would it be possible to differentiate between actually moving and turning a vehicle? Right now turret-less vehicles are massively more likely to receive those penalties because they have to turn constantly (due to their very narrow cone of fire). That's why the StuG and the SU-76 miss extremely often when not used at max range, which doesn't feel right to me. These vehicles already get fucked by pathing issues left and right, only to then get an additional penalty in the form of turning on top of that…
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★