Login

russian armor

Winter Balance Preview Changelog

PAGES (23)down
26 Nov 2016, 11:54 AM

If you ckeck i write a lot post and i write about penals and guards. But you can still think taht soviet mortar are overperfoming.

No one thinks the soviet mortar is overperforming lol
26 Nov 2016, 12:26 PM

Note that the Vet3 Rifleman RA bonus in the mod has been reduced from -20% to -15%. That makes them 6.25% easier to hit. There was a miscommunication regarding the RA bonus, which is why this doesn't show in the changelog.

26 Nov 2016, 12:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2016, 10:11 AMButcher
No changes to the Ostheer Panther.

Didn´t I say some days ago that noone who thinks the Ostheer Panther is in a good spot should be considered for making a community based patch? And the fucking Comet, Cromwell, Panzer IV stay as they are? Holy shit, I´m disappointed.

Guess I can go back to Pionier spam though. :snfPeter:
I have to agree. This patch doesn´t fix weak Ost lategame. The point they were supposed to excell in. Brits are still going to rule supreme form the Cromwell onwards. And the Sniper nerf hits Ostheer the hardest.
26 Nov 2016, 12:59 PM
Donator 11

Overall a step in the right direction, but some questions remain

Nerf Puma AI?? well, ime that thing had trouble killing anything

the nerf of the usf mortar is way too light imo, no ROF or accuracy change

then why didnt you fix the bug that IF are dropping their brens like nothing once they reached vet 3? really annoying one

also would have liked to see some repair increases for ostheer, my suggestion would be making the reinforce+healing upgrade for the bunker the same upgrade for 60 muns (so tht you dont have to build two bunkers in the field if you want to reinforce and heal as ost) and make a third option available, a repair bunker

my guess: allies superiority wont change much
26 Nov 2016, 13:17 PM
Donator 11

why can't we have grenadiers a 5 man upgrade in Tier4? It would solve the easy squad wipes and actually make T4 interesting as a tech choice.
26 Nov 2016, 13:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2016, 13:17 PMspajn
why can't we have grenadiers a 5 man upgrade in Tier4? It would solve the easy squad wipes and actually make T4 interesting as a tech choice.

Cause if we do anything to buff the Grenadiers, we would also have to buff all the following squads, which would underperform in relation to them:

LMG Grenadiers (call-in infantry)
Panzergrenadiers
Stormtroopers
Assault Grenadiers (more)
Revert some of the nerfs to Guards
Revert some of the nerfs to Penals
Conscripts
Shock troops
Assault guards
Anti-infantry Partisans
Tommies
Commandos
Airborne Paratroopers
Recon Paratroopers
Pathfinders
Recon Pathfinders
Lieutenant
Captain
Volksgrenadiers
Obersoldaten Vet0-Vet3

Finally, with every single infantry squad buffed to insane levels, we might realise later on that HMGs are no longer doing their jobs. Thus we would also have to buff the following HMG teams to compensate:

Maxim
Dshk
MG42
Vickers
MG34
50cal

That's a ton of squads we would have to change if we wanted to change Grenadiers. Don't you agree? Instead, we just nerfed the 3-or-so squad types that truly overperformed in relation to Grenadiers in terms of killing firepower and utility
26 Nov 2016, 13:30 PM
Donator 11

Cause if we do anything to buff the Grenadiers, we would also have to buff all the following squads, which would underperform in relation to them:

Panzergrenadiers
Stormtroopers
Conscripts
Shock troops
Assault guards
Anti-infantry Partisans
Tommies
Commandos
Airborne Paratroopers
Recon Paratroopers
Pathfinders
Recon Pathfinders
Lieutenant
Captain
Volksgrenadiers
Obersoldaten Vet0-Vet3

Finally, with every single infantry squad buffed to insane levels, we might realise later on that HMGs are no longer doing their jobs. Thus we would also have to buff the following HMG teams to compensate:

Maxim
Dshk
MG42
Vickers
MG34
50cal

That's a ton of squads we would have to change if we wanted to change Grenadiers. Don't you agree? Instead, we just nerfed the 3-or-so squad types that truly overperformed in relation to Grenadiers in terms of killing firepower and utility

at T4 when most have already weapon upgrades and vet3? Its not the kar98 that does the dps of grenadier but the LMG. If tommies are almost equal to grenadier at 4 man (slightly better) why does their 5 man work then?
26 Nov 2016, 13:34 PM

very good changes all in all!

i'm excited to see how it pans out.

2 suggestions though:

1. USF mortar needs an accuracy change. it should be a cheap way to smoke out german mgs. in its current and (balanced) state it denies cover to all enemy units because of the squad-clumping whilst in cover. the mortars accuracy results in 2 or sometimes even 1 shot wipes (if the unit is not full health).

2. partisan AT team should have the AT-grenade ability on cooldown when spwaned. the double hit combo is simply too strong!

please consider these in the next patch /rework of this preview!
26 Nov 2016, 14:20 PM

Note that the Vet3 Rifleman RA bonus in the mod has been reduced from -20% to -15%. That makes them 6.25% easier to hit. There was a miscommunication regarding the RA bonus, which is why this doesn't show in the changelog.

I guess around 33% RA is still good enough to prevent them from bleeding a USF player to death, specially now that Light Vehicles won't have the same impact as before, thus forcing games often into the Late Game.
26 Nov 2016, 14:27 PM

I like how you took the time to fix the typo in the Stuart's patch notes, while the official post still has a typo in it.

STRONK VEHICLE HUTNER
26 Nov 2016, 14:34 PM

Panzergrenadiers
Stormtroopers
Conscripts
Shock troops
Assault guards
Anti-infantry Partisans
Tommies
Commandos
Airborne Paratroopers
Recon Paratroopers
Pathfinders
Recon Pathfinders
Lieutenant
Captain
Volksgrenadiers
Obersoldaten Vet0-Vet3

Maxim
Dshk
MG42
Vickers
MG34
50cal

Thanks for the answer now i undersand more the nerf on penals and guards, but why ddint you nerf okw infantry then to match conscripts to?
26 Nov 2016, 14:35 PM

So thay nerf soviet and i must waiting 6 month for next patch that wiil be maybe fix it ? Just look, Mr.Smith write we herf guards coz ppl must choose another calling units like schocks, shocks only work in few maps, like close range units, thay are WORSE elite close range (hello rangers, commandos,paratrooper) compared the there price and DPS. Next thing thay begin nerf all different units like mortars for one system, like in old times. Thay write we what balance penals/guards around vermaht infatry, but maybe forget how its play with cons when grens have lmg and how its look in late game. Soviet are one of MP bleed faction, and with this price for elite infatry and there efficiency its looks not good. Ostheer pio buff make unbalance now compared to soviet for 0 reason, coz moders can not explaine why thay buff this unit, but ignore soviet pio ? This all for me looks like step to meet axis hysterics in forums (but with wrongs things). Hello b4 20 popcap we wii fix you close in 22 century, just wait. Just balance politics coz Kyle maybe tired clean thread in official forum from axis lovers.

this is exactly how i feel. And soviet enginers, get no love and still they lost every engangement against pios before this patch.
26 Nov 2016, 15:21 PM
Patrion 15

26 Nov 2016, 15:35 PM

does the t70 got now the 30 ammo repair with some commanders when out of combat?
26 Nov 2016, 15:55 PM
Admin Red  Badge

I appreciate most of what I have read in this patch. Let's see how exactly those changes influence the game after its implementation. There are still some crucial issues regarding current meta that need attention but weren't touched at all:

1) Crommwell overshadowing Centaur: Not only that the Cromwell is super fast, rather cheap compared to other mediums and quite decent in its AT capabilities but it also can crush and snipe infantry reliably. Its AI capabilities combined with its AT strength give you way more than you can possibly receive by building a Centaur. Cromwell speed/crushing and its speed/acceleration need to be adjusted while the Centaur should be buffed in terms of speed/acceleration, maybe increasing its healthpool either to turn it into an trustworthy alternative to Cromwell. (Notification: Crushing of M10 Wolverine which is supposed to be AT should be looked at as well.)

2) Comet as allrounder against everything: Unlike the comparable Panther the Comet is effective not only against armour but also against infantry. Why would such an heavily armoured medium tank (that bounces shots too often...) be so effective against everything?

3) Call in units spawning out of buildings: Strategies involving these units are too easy to execute. Partisans can nullify your investment in Flamer HT within seconds, Commandos that can cloak at vet 0 being able to throw (atomic) gannon bombs at your support weapon teams and Fallschirmjäger/JLI who kill your Sniper coming out of nowhere are some very annoying examples. Why not linking their possible spawning area to the sectors you actually control? It would be unrealistic from a historic point of view but balance would definiteley benefit from this change.

4) Maxim spam: This combined with Partisans can be still executed with success at highest levels of play despite of Maxim cost increase. Using HMG crews having 6 men as attacking unit seems wrong. Probably decreasing crew members to 4 men?

5) Call in meta in general: As already implemented in Miragefla's Mod (could be wrong here) every call in unit should be locked by teching progress.
26 Nov 2016, 16:02 PM

found a bug wih the ass grens:

when you launch the ass-nade ability and cancel it after they threw like 4 nades then u can immediately throw another 5 right after it. u can most likely repeat this endlessly and u lose no ammo for throwing 4 nades. so u can trow infinte nades for like no ammo cost and no cooldown. its really awesome to abuse but maybe better to take out the mod Kappa won me a game i most likely lost xD

PS: as reward would love to see this game casted :blush: its my first 1v1 im like months and the number i played are countable on 1 hand. curious how i did besides the bug.
26 Nov 2016, 16:05 PM
Donator 11

bla
bla
bla

Don't you agree? Instead, we just nerfed the 3-or-so squad types that truly overperformed in relation to Grenadiers in terms of killing firepower and utility

imo in lategame its not just other suqads overperforming but grenadiers underperforming
so no buffig of other squads
PAGES (23)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 29
Korea, Republic Of 1
Russian Federation 63
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W