Login

russian armor

Gameplay opposite of forum discussion

Vaz
29 Oct 2016, 00:19 AM

I commonly read here a few strange things I don't see translated to gameplay.

OKW is weak
Rifles are too strong
Allies have early game advantage
US mortar OP

All of these are opposites when I play. I'm hoping more than 1 person can explain it to me, because it's not happening in my games. Rifles are pretty strong at vet3 with dual weapons, but until then, they are pretty average. Maybe there are some good replays that highlight it I can be pointed to. I feel like I must be doing it wrong
29 Oct 2016, 00:30 AM

I will venture a guess: those things people are saying generally refer to 1v1, and 2v2. The comment on the US mortar however, can generally be attributed to axis fanboys who are vexed at no longer having the best units in the game, in every category :)
Vaz
29 Oct 2016, 00:45 AM

The mortar doesn't even perform that well to me. It seems to miss much more than the grw30, which to me is the best mortar.

Ironically I just had a game where the US mg was killed from the front by a volks blob, with no grenades in tight formation, lol. That gun sucks so bad if it's not fighting a halftrack or scout car.
29 Oct 2016, 00:51 AM
Admin Red  Badge

Those points apply to high ranked 1v1/2v2 games.
Vaz
29 Oct 2016, 00:55 AM

Must be, because I notice bad allied players perform way worse than bad axis players.
29 Oct 2016, 01:12 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Those points apply to high ranked 1v1/2v2 games.

Adding to this: people prefer to shield themselves by saying that the reason they lose it's due to balance and not because they are making mistakes.

OP:
-OKW is on an awkward position, but that's mostly on 1v1 than on teamgames. It's like SU before they tweak several of it's units n tech.
-As you say, Rifles are a bit too strong once they hit vet 3 AND dual weapon.
-Allies have INITIATIVE which can translate into early advantage.
-Mortar is indeed OP, mostly against OH. It's a clone of the OH mortar, with better barrage and the best vet1 ability (scatter reduction which improves performance).
Vaz
29 Oct 2016, 01:56 AM

I haven't been using vet1 ability. For some reason I think it doesn't have one...I'll have to check that out. I lose every mortar standoff.
29 Oct 2016, 02:32 AM

I think you misunderstood. Instead of a vet 1 ability, usf mortar gets a scatter reduction. This means that at full vet it is the most accurate mortar in the game.

On a separate note, if you're losing mortar fights, either 1 use shift to queue a move order immediately following a barrage to reduce incoming fire or 2 kill their mortar with something else.

It looks like you play usf almost exclusively. Play a few matches as okw and oh to get a feel for the other side. I find it helps.
29 Oct 2016, 08:00 AM

Permanently Banned
The axis weakness come from that point that rifle 2 1919/bars and tommies are broken, from here arrive that axis lost infatry battle. And mortar ofc.
29 Oct 2016, 11:19 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Adding to this: people prefer to shield themselves by saying that the reason they lose it's due to balance and not because they are making mistakes.

+1

And the maps ofc :p...another convenient shield...:rolleyes:
29 Oct 2016, 11:43 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

@Vaz These four issues you mentioned are a summary of the people who complain about little things.

222 is weak = one important buff enough hard to fight it.
CalliOPe = have been CP increased. This is strange because OKW can take your majestic walking Stuke much earlier.
Conscripts/Riflemen Spam = Got a great buff to MG42 is now the best in the game. Maxim is the worst
Emplacements= According to relic is not a problem. OKW can have your SimCity long time.
29 Oct 2016, 12:06 PM

My impression is that the axis of players are become extremely intolerant of frustration after now having to micro units not to lose them, which the allied had to do forever since it has the most fragile units of the game. A panzerscrek can bring down a sherman easily, one obersoldate destroys rifle-man easily, granadiers had grenades ant tank from vet 0, and can upgrade without going the base, giving them great damage and accuracy. not even need to remember the indestructible panther, the fact that USF does not have landmines non-doctrinal, and the late game that axis have the best units arguably one tiger can turn a losing game easily if the player knows give support he.
PS: OKW has the best siege unit non-doctrinal the game, Stuka, and still complains.

I'll believe that the game ta unbalanced when the statistical numbers say this, but how much variation in wins vs. losses of all factions have a very small disparity that not of to accept as being unbalanced signal.

sorry for bad English
29 Oct 2016, 12:17 PM

The comment on the US mortar however, can generally be attributed to axis fanboys who are vexed at no longer having the best units in the game, in every category :)
Excuse me there. The problem is that Axis haven´t got the best units in almost any category any longer.

"Best" describes the biggest utility and effect for cost.

Best Infantry: Imo it´s dual Bren Tommies
Best MG: Maxim
Best Mortar: US mortar
Best light vehicle: T-70 or Stuart
Best Medium Tank: Cromwell
Best lategame tank: Comet
Best AT vehicle: Firefly
Best heavy artillery: Calliope or land matress

The only aspects I see an advantage in are AT guns (Pak 40) and Super heavy vehicles such as the KT (which are however easily hard countered).

Germans are in fact not competitive this patch.
29 Oct 2016, 13:45 PM

I will venture a guess: those things people are saying generally refer to 1v1, and 2v2. The comment on the US mortar however, can generally be attributed to axis fanboys who are vexed at no longer having the best units in the game, in every category :)

You think USF mortar is fine lol?
29 Oct 2016, 16:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2016, 12:17 PMButcher
Excuse me there. The problem is that Axis haven´t got the best units in almost any category any longer.

"Best" describes the biggest utility and effect for cost.

Best Infantry: Imo it´s dual Bren Tommies
Best MG: Maxim
Best Mortar: US mortar
Best light vehicle: T-70 or Stuart
Best Medium Tank: Cromwell
Best lategame tank: Comet
Best AT vehicle: Firefly
Best heavy artillery: Calliope or land matress

The only aspects I see an advantage in are AT guns (Pak 40) and Super heavy vehicles such as the KT (which are however easily hard countered).

Germans are in fact not competitive this patch.

This is all a matter of opinion. Infantry is a wash, since they all have their ideal ranges and uses, but Tommies are solid at range (like Obers), while Rifles with BARs and Penals are great assault infantry late game.
MG: MG42. Hands down.
Mortar: USF M1
Light Vehicle: Depends on role. Stuart is a good all-rounder but Luchs and Puma excel in their roles. T-70 is a wipe machine.
Medium Tank: I'm partial to the P4. Crom is fine against infantry but less effective against armor.
Lategame Tank: Comet.
AT Vehicle: JP4.
AT Gun: Pak. No contest.
Rocket Arty: Walking Stuka.

Germans are plenty competitive... although every time I play OKW i wish they had the MG42 instead of the garbage MG34.
Vaz
29 Oct 2016, 17:17 PM

I think you misunderstood. Instead of a vet 1 ability, usf mortar gets a scatter reduction. This means that at full vet it is the most accurate mortar in the game.

On a separate note, if you're losing mortar fights, either 1 use shift to queue a move order immediately following a barrage to reduce incoming fire or 2 kill their mortar with something else.

It looks like you play usf almost exclusively. Play a few matches as okw and oh to get a feel for the other side. I find it helps.

Right now I play USF almost exclusively, that is mostly because it's the faction I have the greatest difficulty winning with. I've been playing this game since it was in beta and I've never really encountered many people that could beat my axis teams. My win rates are way higher as axis, but I guess the player card link under the profile isn't showing it, but if you look at it on steam you should see. Axis is pretty boring to me against the average player. That much is reflected when I play with allies, it's always a greater struggle.

That's why I find a lot of the complaints to be bizarre, I just really don't struggle as axis very often. Actually, sometimes I can have huge setbacks that would throw the game for me as allies, but as axis I can still come back from it.
29 Oct 2016, 17:29 PM

Say what you want last tourney 4-1 for ally an overwhelming victory
Vaz
29 Oct 2016, 18:07 PM

Aren't the tourney matches played in pairs? Each team has to play a match with each side? To me a tourney is a better gauge of the best of the best, not what we are talking about here.
29 Oct 2016, 21:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2016, 00:19 AMVaz
I commonly read here a few strange things I don't see translated to gameplay.

OKW is weak
Rifles are too strong
Allies have early game advantage
US mortar OP

All of these are opposites when I play. I'm hoping more than 1 person can explain it to me, because it's not happening in my games. Rifles are pretty strong at vet3 with dual weapons, but until then, they are pretty average. Maybe there are some good replays that highlight it I can be pointed to. I feel like I must be doing it wrong

I agree!
29 Oct 2016, 21:31 PM

There are so many posts in balance forum that discuss all that if and what and why about what you mention. At some stage this becomes just pollution.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★