Login

russian armor

People's mentalities toward OKW: Time to change

19 Sep 2016, 09:56 AM

I'm not a good player, and I definitely don't have much time to play and improve my skill (Can only play like 3-5 games per week) so it's easy to see that I can make mistakes. However, what shock me is that if you make mistakes as Allies or Ostheer, your teammate would help you, but as OKW, they just straight up bashing you! Like, they immediately think you are very bad, not willing to help and sometimes just leave. Bad words and curses don't bother me, it's the mentality that bother.

People still consider OKW to be an OP faction for brain-dead people, which they used to be BEFORE the patch. After the patch, OKW changed drastically and it's literally no longer that OP. It's actually required skills to play. But it seems that the mentality of the CoH2 community just hasn't catch up to the change yet. They still think OKW is OP and everytime someone make mistakes as OKW, they immediately being set as horrible player and don't even bother help cause OKW suppose to be OP, right? No. People make mistakes cause that make us human, human makes mistakes, but seeing a certain group of people get treated differently and unfairly just because they play a faction that USED to be OP is just straight-up make me feel outrageous! This has to change, NOW!

Please spread the words! It's high time to change the way we think about OKW players. It's high time for them to get treated fairly like other factions player base.
19 Sep 2016, 10:15 AM

It's simple: name a role of unit that OKW does not have.

If OKW cannot solve a situation by themselves, then who can help him? Or you want to rely on Wehrmacht teammate?
19 Sep 2016, 10:22 AM

a good unit that does the full job not half (ober;raketen;sturm;volks)
19 Sep 2016, 10:24 AM

I think most sane people have moved on from thinking ProKW is the OP faction it was at release. Regardless, there will always be a vocal minority of people who will continue to say ProKW is OP even though facts, and hard concrete numbers/stats says otherwise.

The amount of hate ProKW gets has decreased dramatically though since launch. Aside from the usual Allied fanbois who only play as the Russians, you won't find many people who claim ProKW is OP, and if you do encounter them, know that there is absolutely nothing you can do to change their minds.
19 Sep 2016, 11:08 AM

they just straight

which they used to be BEFORE the patch.

They still think OKW is OP and everytime someone make mistakes as OKW, they immediately being set as horrible player

Who are "they" ? Only bad players who don't want to win, won't help you as OKW.
In random games I often build a mg-bunker next to OKW retreat point, or help repairing his vehicles.
In AT team games, everyone helps everyone.
Don't know where there should be a problem.
19 Sep 2016, 11:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2016, 11:08 AMLoxley

Who are "they" ? Only bad players who don't want to win, won't help you as OKW.
In random games I often build a mg-bunker next to OKW retreat point, or help repairing his vehicles.
In AT team games, everyone helps everyone.
Don't know where there should be a problem.

The first and third "they" : your teammate

Probably just a rare case of mine but i literally had a teammate that claim me being bad (Even though i help claim two-thirds of the map and we basically won) then just straight-up leave the match. Like, literally, after 5 minutes typing, insulting me, not even try to plan something strategically, he just left while we literally in a winning situation (80% of the map secured, both fuel points and 3 VPs claimed and he left) and probably the reason he tell me being bad is just because i left a single 3-man Volks doing nothing (The squad was waiting for the Med truck to set-up to heal, the rest of the army were on the move).

There, that's the kind of mentality that ruined most of my game recently!
19 Sep 2016, 11:47 AM

If OKW cannot solve a situation by themselves, then who can help him? Or you want to rely on Wehrmacht teammate?

Sure they have literally all that kinds of units, but that doesn't mean they can stand alone and face all the judgements! That's like saying Germany having all good stuffs back in WW2 so no need for Italy and Japan! Any faction right now needs help from their mates in team game, no exception. But OKW, since having all good stuffs, so they just gonna be the one to blame in team games when the team lost!? That's just non-sense! If it's a lost then everyone should responsible for that lost, not just that one "used to be OP" faction.
19 Sep 2016, 12:45 PM

Can't push through whole map with kubel and pio vs 2 enemies
@
Noob frag you kil urself
Credits to Akinci
19 Sep 2016, 15:15 PM
Patrion 15

The Problem is there are no mirror matches allowed in matchmaking.
I understand It is huge problem for most of the community but I think It is essential to break this "allies vs axis" mentality in community.

No "Faction" are willing to tolerate their weaknesses or admit their OP ways. If two OKW or Soviet people were competing with each other we could talk more serious balance talks or actually achieve It.

It is a strategy game after all.
19 Sep 2016, 15:42 PM

Probably just a rare case of mine but i literally had a teammate that claim me being bad (Even though i help claim two-thirds of the map and we basically won) then just straight-up leave the match. Like, literally, after 5 minutes typing, insulting me, not even try to plan something strategically, he just left while we literally in a winning situation (80% of the map secured, both fuel points and 3 VPs claimed and he left) and probably the reason he tell me being bad is just because i left a single 3-man Volks doing nothing (The squad was waiting for the Med truck to set-up to heal, the rest of the army were on the move).

Everyone that complains about a teammate/team during a game are total jerks. Everyone that cries OP ingame are scrubs. That simple. It's disheartening, I know, but try to friend all nice players you come across and play with them.
19 Sep 2016, 15:52 PM

Old habits die hard bro.
19 Sep 2016, 15:56 PM

Don't play random? Other than that, learn to control what other people think
19 Sep 2016, 17:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2016, 15:15 PMruzen
The Problem is there are no mirror matches allowed in matchmaking.
I understand It is huge problem for most of the community but I think It is essential to break this "allies vs axis" mentality in community.

No "Faction" are willing to tolerate their weaknesses or admit their OP ways. If two OKW or Soviet people were competing with each other we could talk more serious balance talks or actually achieve It.

It is a strategy game after all.

Mirror match-up destroy game immersion and turn this game into nothing more than trash. This is the same as making German discover magic and suddenly regain power with favor of Chaos Gods.

This game has only little problems remaining. All factions give you same chance of winning or losing, depending on your skill and your opponent. But it's terrible if you cannot accept that the lose is completely your own fault (remember you choose your own teammate, whether random or friend).
19 Sep 2016, 17:31 PM

Some people vent their own frustration out on other ppl
19 Sep 2016, 17:40 PM
Patrion 15

Mirror match-up destroy game immersion and turn this game into nothing more than trash. This is the same as making German discover magic and suddenly regain power with favor of Chaos Gods. This game has only little problems remaining.

Peoples immersion won't break for Protos vs Protos or England vs England. Ageof... Serries, Cossacks, Tzar, Rise of Nations and all RTS have mirror matches.

At some point you got to ask yourself as a company: Am I making games for "WW2 nerds" or strategy lovers?

I guess I have to quote from myself again.

19 Sep 2016, 19:23 PM
Donator 11

First of all there is no such thing as okw players. All reasonable players play all factions. Secondly, I don't think there is a lot of people who think okw is OP, most think its quite ballanced but with some minor issues I belive. It is a fact though that it atracted many bad players before and now, when they have to play with people they elevated their rank against, this time with fair chances, they suck horribly.

The only thing that can and should be done is giving players a setting that turns off chat in chosen rooms: in all players room and/or team room.
19 Sep 2016, 19:49 PM

Play 1v1 to get a better assessment of your own skill level and improve your game. I'll loose 1v1 against significantly better players regardless of faction, it is mostly that, balance of certain areas is comparatively irrelevant. That'll also give you some perspective of what other people think of your play.

Oh and OKW of all being overall OP I think is an opinion a minority is still loyal to.
19 Sep 2016, 23:23 PM

I'm just hazarding a guess here, but the sentiment against OKW players may have something to do with where the medic truck ends up.

Not that it's a uniquely OKW issue, but often times in team games an OKW player will be too far away or too aggressive with the placement of their HQs which can put a strain on how well their teammate can actually help or be helped.

It might be a contributing factor is all I'm sayin'.
20 Sep 2016, 03:44 AM

First of all there is no such thing as okw players.

OKW players here refer to people that play OKW in a match, not only play OKW, that would leads to complete biased! 

What I'm trying to say here is that when there is an Ostheer and an OKW in a team, most of people's mentalities would immediately expect that if Axis lost, it's completely because of the OKW or in a less drastic way, they'll try to find and point out every single small mistakes made by OKW and then claim the lost is cause the OKW and literally just ignored the Ost. In addition, sometimes, it's the Ostheer player that claim the lost is due to how bad OKW player is, no matter how much the effort was being put by both players (Not saying Ostheer would be bad but most of the time, they forgot to look at this element and just give the middle finger to OKW)‎
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★