Login

russian armor

[OKW] switch FlakHT to MortarHT?

19 Sep 2016, 11:36 AM

I'd whant to see the Flaktrack, this unit need a little changes, but how you whant counter penals and guards spam with mortar HT ? or hit the planes ? OKW have ISG for inderect fire or zu fast.

I dont think you could ever counter Guards with a FlakHT. However the unit itself is not bad... just need a bit of love imo.
19 Sep 2016, 11:52 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2016, 11:36 AMRiCE

I dont think you could ever counter Guards with a FlakHT. However the unit itself is not bad... just need a bit of love imo.

I can.
19 Sep 2016, 13:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2016, 11:36 AMRiCE

it can,
19 Sep 2016, 13:37 PM

Since OKW now have hmgs, AT HT have less use as a suppression platform.

I would consider removing their suppression, minimum range, lower the fuel cost to 40, increase hp to 400 and increase there penetration so that 2 can fight of a light tank.

That would help OKW against light vehicles if they go T1 and make the unit useful...
19 Sep 2016, 13:39 PM

Permanently Banned
I'd whant to see the Flaktrack, this unit need a little changes, but how you whant counter penals and guards spam with mortar HT ? or hit the planes ? OKW have ISG for inderect fire or zu fast.

I never had a problem with planes while not building FlakHT. And FlakHT horribly fails against blobs.

Since OKW have cheaper suppression unit know as infamous MG34, there is little to no reason to build FlakHT and it doesn't scale, it's a dead unit from the beginning.

ISG is weak and stuka don't give you constant pressure on the map and it's too expensive to counter t0 or cheaper tier in comparison to mechanized.

Planes can be killed with schwerer panzer HQ.
19 Sep 2016, 16:02 PM

Permanently Banned

I never had a problem with planes while not building FlakHT. And FlakHT horribly fails against blobs.

Since OKW have cheaper suppression unit know as infamous MG34, there is little to no reason to build FlakHT and it doesn't scale, it's a dead unit from the beginning.

ISG is weak and stuka don't give you constant pressure on the map and it's too expensive to counter t0 or cheaper tier in comparison to mechanized.

Planes can be killed with schwerer panzer HQ.

If you tell me what unit are good vs blobs in 6 min with OKW i would be happy ?
Its good when you use it with infatry support coz you will be win infatry battle (ofc its depends in map nad build oerders).
So you whatn to say that ISG is weak but mortar HT are better ?
19 Sep 2016, 16:29 PM
Donator 11

Mortar HT would be redundant. The flak HT just needs a reduction in its fuel cost to 35. The ISG could also use a reduction in MP to 310. OKW already has smoke on fallschirmjäger & Obers. I would like to see the smoke replace the stun grenade on Strums at a lower vet level though.
19 Sep 2016, 17:06 PM

Mortar HT would be redundant. The flak HT just needs a reduction in its fuel cost to 35. The ISG could also use a reduction in MP to 310. OKW already has smoke on fallschirmjäger & Obers. I would like to see the smoke replace the stun grenade on Strums at a lower vet level though.

Both Fallschirmjaeger and Obersoldaten come way too late and need vet for smoke. Like suggested in so many threads, just give the ISG smoke, change scatter/aoe to work slightly more like a mortar to counter maxim spam / entrenched opponents like every other faction. Sturmpios already have more than enough on their plate as it is.

The Flak HT does counter airborne threats well but how often do we see it survive to the stage where that becomes relevant? Just give it a small buff towards durability and penetration so light vehicles cannot just drive in it's face and kill it in 3 seconds with impunity.
19 Sep 2016, 17:08 PM

Fyi. If you attack move the aaht it sets up before it stops moving.
19 Sep 2016, 18:06 PM

Flak HT needs a sliver more health so that AT guns don't 2 shot it, and a smaller target size. That way you can still force it off easy with an AT gun, but it doesn't become 100% useless the second AT hits the field. Smaller target size makes infantry AT less effective against it*. Currently it has target size 20. The puma, for comparison, has target size 18.

A tiny bit of penetration on the gun wouldn't hurt. It's kinda weird to see it just bounce off of Stuarts, but that's not it's role anyways.

*If you're suppressing them, my maths say AT rifles never miss when not suppressed, even if you drop target size to 18. Bazookas and panzershrecks would be a wee bit less accurate though.
22 Sep 2016, 15:34 PM

flak track offencivly is actuallyreally great, however piats are so damn good against it due to it needing to be stationary, now the usf have a t0 mortar that is also great against it... wonder what reducing its target size substantially would do...

make its vet 1 smoke vet0 and with a cost
maybe make vet1 +5 range would be cool
reduce fuel cost by 15-20

see how that works..
22 Sep 2016, 16:08 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

I've never had problems making the AAHT effective. You can always tear it down real easy and as long as you have screening, you will win against the largest blobs
22 Sep 2016, 20:30 PM

FlakHT is an awkward unit and fails against blobs and anything you throw at it, because it's shoots only when static.

I think, the better unit instead of this masterpiece should be a MortarHT, because it could fix lack of smoke for OKW and adds versatility to faction.

Yeah, OKW has leig, but you need two of them, alone is too weak against garrison and leig don't have smoke. And it's expensive and pop cap hungry.

Since USF got their turbo mortar, I guess switching useful FlakHT to MortarHT would not hurt anyone.

Anyways, OKW has lot's of problems.

The AAHT is weak, but the OKW already have an artillery unit in the very same building that produce the AAHT. Adding the MortarHT wouldn't really add anything to OKW.

and giving everyone a turbo mortar is an awful idea. just fix/remove the USF mortar.
23 Sep 2016, 08:24 AM

FlakHT is an awkward unit and fails against blobs and anything you throw at it, because it's shoots only when static.

I think, the better unit instead of this masterpiece should be a MortarHT, because it could fix lack of smoke for OKW and adds versatility to faction.

Yeah, OKW has leig, but you need two of them, alone is too weak against garrison and leig don't have smoke. And it's expensive and pop cap hungry.

Since USF got their turbo mortar, I guess switching useful FlakHT to MortarHT would not hurt anyone.

is good idea but just remove usf turbo mortar
23 Sep 2016, 09:07 AM

Why replace? Isn't the better option to just add new unit. Why on earth do you want to reduce diversity in this game. This game already has a small unitbase.
23 Sep 2016, 21:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2016, 09:07 AMStark

Why replace? Isn't the better option to just add new unit. Why on earth do you want to reduce diversity in this game. This game already has a small unitbase.

because at this point relic is not going to add a new unit. we only can change the units.
24 Sep 2016, 00:14 AM

Both units, isg as well as FlakHT just need to be changed a little to become useful again. The intention of the ISG I'd say is to break early game forifications, MG spam, garrisons and it just doesn't do that well enough (no smoke for instance). Once that is fixed there is no need for a MortarHT.

The FlakHT can be quite strong but is so easily countered/hard to micro that it becomes irrelevant within a minute past arrival. Maybe reduce it's AI damage output in return for better survivability.
24 Sep 2016, 11:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2016, 21:56 PMZyllen

because at this point relic is not going to add a new unit. we only can change the units.

I advise to read my post again, :ot: main topic is to replace Flak HT with mortar HT unit and i'm fully againt switching/raplaceing etc. If anything just add mortar HT, that's it (like mg34). ;)

Flak HT is hmm surely not useless but wouldn't be a bad thing to softly buff it, but becouse many people just don't use it you want to remove it? Idiotic idea :loco:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS