Login

russian armor

Limit rocket artillery to 1x per player?

Limit rocket artillery to 1x per player?
Option Distribution Votes
28%
68%
4%
Total votes: 57
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
11 Sep 2016, 11:50 AM

(I play almost exclusively 2v2)

I find that by being able to spam rocket artillery (Calliope, Land Mattress, Walking Stuka, Katy, Pwerfer) 2v2s turn into an arty fest which isn't particularly fun to play, why not limit rocket arty to 1x player? I believe this would reduce the spam considerably and leave for a more tactical game. I also believe this would help 3v3 and 4v4 greatly.

What do you guys think?
11 Sep 2016, 11:58 AM
Donator 11

Sure, let's limit everythink to 1, everybody will buy one of everything and there will be no reson to think of those stupid builds or whatever they are called, right?

But really, there are some people (generally not pros) that always spam the unit they find the most powerful, no matter how many counters it has on the field. So people spammed heavies and it failed miserably in all serious matches but community still decided to limit them. Now they are spamming rocket artillery and win if you cant kill it. If you limit the arty they will spam something else, its just how their brains work.
11 Sep 2016, 12:03 PM

Come on it isn´t like some of these rocket units are extremely hard to kill or anything :snfPeter:
11 Sep 2016, 12:17 PM

But really, there are some people (generally not pros) that always spam the unit they find the most powerful, no matter how many counters it has on the field. So people spammed heavies and it failed miserably in all serious matches but community still decided to limit them. Now they are spamming rocket artillery and win if you cant kill it. If you limit the arty they will spam something else, its just how their brains work.

I guess you're right. I play mostly Brits n USA and am 250 / 450 so I'm pretty average. I just feel like if the US get 2/3 Calliopes you can completely decimate the Axis. I guess some Rocket Arty is considerably better than others, so I don't know limiting would be better than, say, editing their stats, but when games turn into arty fests it really isn't fun to play.

I think the Katyusha is really nicely balanced, however.
11 Sep 2016, 12:38 PM

It's a trade-off though. Can't have that many calliopes without limiting numbers of true armor. The bigger problem is most likely your lack of fuel control in the mid game... You don't have enough vehicles and have to rely on infantry, so rocket arty is a natural counter
11 Sep 2016, 12:53 PM

I actually feel relief when my opponent carries Calliope commander. My last experience says that any USF player using Priest commander is much, much more dangerous.
11 Sep 2016, 13:12 PM

I actually feel relief when my opponent carries Calliope commander. My last experience says that any USF player using Priest commander is much, much more dangerous.
Why do you say that? In my experience the calliope feels more potent
11 Sep 2016, 13:47 PM

Why do you say that? In my experience the calliope feels more potent

Calliope only good against late game infantry blob but USF player who utilize Priest commander can make pressure through the whole game.

The phosphor round from MTHT is a pain, its smoke also render mg to the point of useless while its flame prevent axis troop from cover.

Late game priest laugh at OST bunker and OKW truck. Not to mention they can use defensive cover AND M1919A6 (Who need scout plane when major can do the same?)
11 Sep 2016, 15:26 PM

Calliope only good against late game infantry blob but USF player who utilize Priest commander can make pressure through the whole game.

The phosphor round from MTHT is a pain, its smoke also render mg to the point of useless while its flame prevent axis troop from cover.

Late game priest laugh at OST bunker and OKW truck. Not to mention they can use defensive cover AND M1919A6 (Who need scout plane when major can do the same?)
yea but then you miss half truck recon and supresion plane
You gain mine but really when are you gonna use time on target or mortar half truck now that you have the best mortar at tier 0
11 Sep 2016, 15:31 PM

In my opinion we should not limit to 1 but more:
2 for calliope ,Stuka,land mattress,lefh and the Soviet one
3 for priest ,sexton, kat and panzerwefer
1 for b 4
11 Sep 2016, 17:17 PM

when you spam arty, Your trading map presence and frontline fighting and capping power for ant-blob.

I say that's fair.
11 Sep 2016, 18:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2016, 17:17 PMGrittle
when you spam arty, Your trading map presence and frontline fighting and capping power for ant-blob.

I say that's fair.

That's true, to be honest, you guys know a lot more than I do, so I'll trust your votes and stay quiet :D
12 Sep 2016, 08:13 AM

Or, instead of 1, limit it to 3 like in CoH, well, except for the nebelwerfer there but since most Arty is doctrinal, I'd say it would still work.
12 Sep 2016, 09:19 AM

Permanently Banned
I agree, in team games arty spam are super frustrating and effective. I had a guy with 5 calliopes, and the other one had 2 priests. Was not fun to play, but we managed to overcome it.

But there is no reason to limit it.
12 Sep 2016, 11:26 AM

I voted no since you shouldnt limit strategies in a realtime strategy game.
12 Sep 2016, 12:18 PM

No.

If you go heavy arty, you sacrifice on other things...
12 Sep 2016, 12:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2016, 17:17 PMGrittle

I say that's fair.

I'd +1 to that.

Except for calliope, all arty pieces can be destroyed pretty fast as well.

Hard limits are solution exclusively for most powerful armored units.
There is always some kind of trade for other units.
12 Sep 2016, 14:09 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

The limit is called pop-cap. Don't add arbitrary mechanics for single units.
12 Sep 2016, 15:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2016, 14:09 PMTobis
The limit is called pop-cap. Don't add arbitrary mechanics for single units.

But there is a heavy tank limit, is there not?
12 Sep 2016, 15:15 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2016, 15:04 PMfhor

But there is a heavy tank limit, is there not?

Except that limit actually makes sense. Limit on all heavy expensive tanks, that shouldn't have more than one on the field at a time. Putting a limit on a vehicle that's only 70 fuel? Big difference.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★