Login

russian armor

RELIC'S WPC Change of plan

PAGES (10)down
Hux
16 Sep 2016, 16:11 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2016, 14:20 PMFaHu

if you wouldnt be have time in the month of the finals, you should probably not sign up.

That's the whole point... This shouldn't even be possible.

I'm wondering: So, Kyle wrote in the email that if the trip would be a concern you should contact him ASAP. Apparently, Noggano didn't do so right away and he definitely should have.

Again, If this was planned properly the trip should never 'be a concern' for anyone. At any point.

I think this is a multi-layer fuck up on both sides. Sega seem to have some really wonky rules and T&C's but Noganno is also at fault for agreeing anyway knowing that the final was (at least) an eventuality that he couldn't make.

Ah well. Live and learn i guess.

INB4 same thing next tourney

16 Sep 2016, 16:15 PM

I don´t care about any argument. Noggano made it to finals so let him play the finals. That´s it.
16 Sep 2016, 17:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2016, 16:11 PMHux

That's the whole point... This shouldn't even be possible.

Yes, well, neither should Donald Trump. The world is what it is.

Sometimes it appears to me that people level complaints at Relic as if they were something like FIFA. These people are makers of video games - they are not professional tournament organisers. in fact they are not a sporting body of any kind.

In this case, the non-pro organisers put out some poorly thought out text that the non-pro players didn't read too closely if at all, and the gooey stuff duly hit the fan. Fuck-ups happen. Recognise it for what it is, and move on.

17 Sep 2016, 12:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2016, 13:39 PMsquippy

US foreign policy makes more sense when you realise that it is aimed at an internal audience, not an external one.

Quite right. Yet people need to realize that the agencies that make these lists are under total control from the same people that control our international regime topplers.
17 Sep 2016, 16:39 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I think Relic don't often read our Threads on this page, so I made a post in their forum.

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/243043/question-about-terms-and-conditions-of-tournament#latest

After 12 min i got a response. Not from Relic, but from a mod, who locked down my thread.

"First: I do want to make clear that I do not speak for Relic or SEGA for this paragraph. According to my understanding of the political situation, The Russian Federation is not a sanction country. There are indeed sanctions in place due to the Crimea incident, but according to the most up-to-date list that you provided, the sanctions are against specially designated nationals of of Ukraine or Russia, but not a country sanction. Therefore, I do not see any infractions of the tournaments T&C, and no disqualifications are required.

[Moderator Input] Personally, I do understand that you wish to discuss the T&Cs of this tournament. However, since you clearly specify in the opening post that this thread is targeted towards Relic whilst demanding a response from Relic staff, I am closing this thread. Threads should encourage discussion between fans rather than require participation from Relic or SEGA staff. I do encourage you to get an answer to your question, therefore I highly recommend to contact Relic or SEGA directly to discuss what you believe are legal issues of this tournament. I do strongly believe that you will get better results than discussing legal issues in a fan oriented discussion forum.
HTH"

While I think the Mod there gave an accurate reply, I don't think the T&C are particularly brilliant.

In essence, you have a Canadian Company (Relic) organising an international event with the assistance of the London office of its Japanese holding company (SEGA). The eligibility criteria for that event are provided by US legislation...and the law governing the agreement between the official organiser (SEGA) and the players is English law. WTF?

In the highly unlikely event that any litigation ensued from eligibility, it means the Claimant would have to apply to the English High Court,.who may require an expert on US law to give evidence concerning the treaty. And the witness(es) as to fact would have to be flown from Canada.

It would have made more sense for the Canadian rules of eligibility to be applied, and for the law of the agreement to be Canadian.

I don't know what the Canadian exclusions are (if any), but if they currently differ from US exclusions, it could be possible for a person to comply with the US exclusions, only to run foul of Canadian visa requirements. And then litigate in London?

I won't say an jntern drafted these rules, but you have to wonder.

17 Sep 2016, 17:14 PM
Senior Editor Badge

17 Sep 2016, 19:50 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2016, 12:03 PMFaHu
there wasnt really a problem. All 32 invited players get an email where exactly stay that you have to travel for the finals, if you get into the finals. If you cant, doesnt matter which country you are. You get disqualified. So if jesulin couldnt travel at the time, when the finals are he would get disqualified too. Disqualified mean. Your scores you reached get too deleted.

The organizations are trash, coz went to Canada from USA more easy than from another country. Its look a bit stupid from them, coz thay do 0 help for players (get visa and another things).
3 Oct 2016, 21:52 PM

So what's the outcome of this? I'm not trying to stir shit or anything, I don't really care too much about all of the drama, I'm just a middling player and love watching these tournament casts. Is there a date set for the final yet? It's disappointing as a spectator to go through this awesome tournament (some of the games were truly magnificent) and then go weeks without a grand final or even a date.
4 Oct 2016, 08:19 AM
Senior Caster Badge

It's disappointing as a spectator to go through this awesome tournament (some of the games were truly magnificent) and then go weeks without a grand final or even a date.

The date was set for the finals as October 8th (This Saturday). The finals were moved back because players had to be organised to fly to Vancouver etc.

This was announced at the last event and since, perhaps you did not see it?
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS