Login

russian armor

RELIC'S WPC Change of plan

PAGES (10)down
9 Sep 2016, 23:29 PM

WTF is going on here?

You see we had like 3 touneys f**cked up by bugs or balance "features", or super duper commanders. Since relic fired Brad and no-one macking any patches now, theyre is no way to F the tourney again, so relic had to do something about it :snfPeter:

But for real Relic just like:

9 Sep 2016, 23:57 PM

10 Sep 2016, 00:57 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

I asked Kyle in private chat because I heared the rumors and he told me that Noggano told him he hasn't got a passport.
10 Sep 2016, 01:12 AM

I have to agree with Ami. It seems that whoever is running / planning this is in way over his head. Maybe more twitter posts are needed.. KappaClaus
10 Sep 2016, 01:12 AM
Benefactor 392

Has Relic made any statement about this anywhere? I used to check their blog to look for info, but all they do is post about skin sales. I'm hearing all sorts of horror stories from different players.

Noggano gets nothing just because it takes a few months to get a passport?? The guy rightfully earned second place ($1000) at minimum.

Milestone 5 (fly the players) was only even reached about a week ago. Who could plan anything with such late notice?

What's the story with Milestone 6? Has it been reached? Is the contribution period over? Will the casters be flown out or compensated for their work?

Relic wanted to let the Quarter-Finalists back into some kinda weird 6-man tourney to see who plays DevM?!?!? This is a terrible idea that would be completely unfair to Jesulin and VonIvan.

WTF is going on here?

FUBAR
10 Sep 2016, 05:30 AM

The fix seems easy enough to me: play the final online and let devm get a trip to Vancouver to see DoW3 in development since Noggano can't leave his country. Devm earned his trip, but you can't blame relic for someone not having a passport.

Besides, it's not like it's hard to get a visa for Canada. It's CANADA. They don't turn anyone away.
10 Sep 2016, 06:33 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Wow, oversight of the year lol.
10 Sep 2016, 07:43 AM
Senior Referee Badge

SO this is what happened:
If Noggano wants to go to Canada he needs a passport. He doens'thave it and it would require him 2-3 months to get it. Thats to long.
Thats why Relic has decided to let the winner of the 3rd place match between Jesulin and VonIvan go to the Grand Finals. Both Jesulin and VonIvan will be able to go to canada.

Sad that Noggano can't play bcs of thse problems, but I think that Relic has found the most fair and fun solution.
Look at it from the bright side, we will see 3 more EPIC games ;)
10 Sep 2016, 07:58 AM

Has there been notice about how the price money is distributed between the 4, will noggano get nothing?
10 Sep 2016, 08:00 AM

If Noggano wants to go to Canada he needs a passport. He doens'thave it and it would require him 2-3 months to get it. Thats to long.
Thats why Relic has decided to let the winner of the 3rd place match between Jesulin and VonIvan go to the Grand Finals. Both Jesulin and VonIvan will be able to go to canada.

Sad that Noggano can't play bcs of thse problems, but I think that Relic has found the most fair and fun solution.

It's unfair to me, I was just dropped from the turnament and cant even play for 3d place
10 Sep 2016, 08:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2016, 08:00 AMNashka

It's unfair to me, I was just dropped from the turnament and cant even play for 3d place

That's what I was asking, so they really just dropped you and moved on?
10 Sep 2016, 08:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2016, 08:04 AMI984

That's what I was asking, so they really just dropped you and moved on?

ye right
10 Sep 2016, 08:28 AM

Its unbelievable that it takes 1-4 months to get a passport

But its more unbelievable that Noggano who won atleast $1000 just gets trown out of the tournament by Relic. I'm saddened by the fact that this great tournament to spectate will leave such a sour taste.
Phy
10 Sep 2016, 09:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Sep 2016, 21:36 PMGdot

Why is it unfair to Noganno? It was stated that finalist, if the goal was reached, would need to make time to fly to Canada.

Pretty much what Ami has said.
10 Sep 2016, 09:24 AM

so much talk, just accept that relic is best at ruining things ok :bananadance:
10 Sep 2016, 11:08 AM

For sure. Everyone going into the tournament knew that a final in Canada was a possibility. Always baffled how people around here tend to think the worst of people.
10 Sep 2016, 11:20 AM
Senior Caster Badge

https://battlefy.com/relic-entertainment/wpc-finalists-qualifier-series/57d1f03e06b332310ce1bf75/info

The status of this has changed because it was unfair to allow all 6 players to compete for second place again. The whole thing was a mess which is unfortunately caused because Kyle wanted to try and work around the unfortunate situation that Noggano can't make the live event, which was a written requirement of the tournament terms and conditions if milestone 5 was to be reached. Noggano says he can't do it, even though Relic are still giving him time to make arrangements if he can, so hopefully he does actually come.

Initially to try and keep things fair, Kyle was going to guarantee Noggano third place money, and have 6 finalists compete for 2nd place but this didn't work as some players refused the idea (Which I agreed with). So the fairest option in a pretty unfortunate event was to stick to tournament rules set out from the beginning which unfortunately means if Noggano can't make it he is DQ'd and third and fourth place move up a slot.

If we are all thinking with our sensible heads which is what we've discussed with Relic, the terms and conditions of the tournament were given before players participated and therefore the way to deal with this situation is already written in the rules. Trying to work around a breach of conditions and disqualification is unfair to the other players for which this situation is nothing to do with them.

So as of yesterday, we agreed with Kyle this decision should be reversed and tournament rules should be followed otherwise everyone will understandably be upset about it.

Basically, if Noggano can't make it (Which is still available for him to do) Positions 3 and 4 will have to move up a place

10 Sep 2016, 11:33 AM
Senior Referee Badge

I understand thats its not nice for noggano, but yes he knew he could have been playing in the finals so he could have tried to get a passport earlier, right?

And i dont fully understand, does noggano get the third place money OR is he totally disquallified? I would understand either ways tbh, there are good arguments for both.

Kyle was forced in a pretty rough situation and had to make decisions. Decions were made and we have to accept them ;)
10 Sep 2016, 11:40 AM
Senior Caster Badge

It would be pretty unfair to VonIvan/Jesulin if we took third place money away from them. This situation is no fault of their own.

Kyle tried to offer some kind of money cause he didn't like the thought of Noggano coming so far and not getting something from it. But at the end of the day, Noggano is the only person who is in breach of tournament conditions here and it's not fair to try and compensate him with other players prize pool money. The other players have expressed their concerns over that and I totally agreed with them.

We actually knew Milestone 5 was reached before the Quarter and Semi-Finals were played, so if this was an issue, Noggano may have considered dropping from the tournament rather than letting this situation get so far. If Visa is genuinely the issue, he would have known this was a possibility from the start of the tournament.

It's a really horrible situation, and quite frankly the best way to deal with these situations is to just stick to the bloody rules you laid out at the start with rigidity, because nobody can question your actions then.

Kyle was trying to do right by Noggano, but that shouldn't be done at the expense of eligible players. It's a bit upset I understand
10 Sep 2016, 12:04 PM
Senior Referee Badge

Well i am atleast looking forward to the games between MASTER VonIvan and the BEAST Jesulin :foreveralone:
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS