Login

russian armor

RELIC'S WPC Change of plan

PAGES (10)down
10 Sep 2016, 18:59 PM

for me the best solution would be sending a caster to canada and let play the final to noggano from his home.
10 Sep 2016, 19:22 PM

He fkin earned the 2nd place at least and now he ends up with nothing?

What would have happened if he'd just forfeited the final?

Is this real?
10 Sep 2016, 19:23 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2016, 19:22 PMI984
He fkin earned the 2nd place at least and now he ends up with nothing?

What would have happened if he'd just forfeited the final?

Is this real?

The rules and conditions were made in advance. If he fails to play by the rules it is his fault
10 Sep 2016, 19:24 PM

The rules and conditions were made in advance. If he fails to play by the rules it is his fault

Sorry, but you're missing the point.
10 Sep 2016, 19:44 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2016, 19:24 PMI984

Sorry, but you're missing the point.

And where did I do that?

It is true he earned the 2nd Place by playing a great tournament (he really did) but in the end he didn't follow the rules by not preparing for what was coming and you can't say he wasn't informed because in fact EVERY participant got an E-Mail that clearly stated what was going on.

I think I didn't miss the point. You just ran out of bullshit arguments to bash Relic man.
10 Sep 2016, 20:01 PM

Whether Noggano didn't check his email or not doesn't change the fact that having a "hey make yourself free for a short notice trip to Canada" stipulation is fucking retarded.
10 Sep 2016, 20:08 PM

Yeah It's not an ideal situation for anyone involved but I feel that Relic have made the right decision here. It was clearly stated to the participants the obligations involved in participating, and Relic made every attempt to get Noggano over to the finals.

I wouldn't say that the effort to postpone the finals was a negative move. Relic had every right to hold the tournament on the initially suggested date. Instead they were prepared to delay it so that travel could be organised and participants in the final were treated fairly.

I've really enjoyed the tournament so far and am looking forward to the final rounds.
10 Sep 2016, 20:09 PM

And where did I do that?

It is true he earned the 2nd Place by playing a great tournament (he really did) but in the end he didn't follow the rules by not preparing for what was coming and you can't say he wasn't informed because in fact EVERY participant got an E-Mail that clearly stated what was going on.

I think I didn't miss the point. You just ran out of bullshit arguments to bash Relic man.

^^ don't take it too personal.
10 Sep 2016, 20:10 PM

Whether Noggano didn't check his email or not doesn't change the fact that having a "hey make yourself free for a short notice trip to Canada" stipulation is fucking retarded.

Let's say you actually made sure you got free time from work to be able to attend the final on the 11th of September, but Relic then decides that the Finals Will be later and screws you over.

Relic enforces conditions on people via their agreements, but change them whenever they want (final date has been changed) and then disqualify players for not being able to fulfill certain conditions.

This is just complete lunacy.
10 Sep 2016, 20:14 PM

Let's say you actually made sure you got free time from work to be able to attend the final on the 11th of September, but Relic then decides that the Finals Will be later and screws you over.

Relic enforces conditions on people via their agreements, but change them whenever they want (final date has been changed) and then disqualify players for not being able to fulfill certain conditions.

This is just complete lunacy.

I understand your point but the finals aren't being delayed for Relic's benefit, they are being delayed specifically for the benefit of the participants.
10 Sep 2016, 20:42 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2016, 20:09 PMI984

^^ don't take it too personal.

Didn't took it personal. Just felt like I needed to prove my point in an understandable way ;)
10 Sep 2016, 20:56 PM

I understand your point but the finals aren't being delayed for Relic's benefit, they are being delayed specifically for the benefit of the participants.

Exactly.
Looking forward to the "new" semifinal. Gonna be a good one!
10 Sep 2016, 22:03 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

How many of us can drop what they're doing with 1 weeks notice and fly across the world? Probably a lot less than you think...
10 Sep 2016, 22:33 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Relic originally announced that the finals would take place on Sept.11th, one week after the Quarters/Semis. Thinking that two players could be flown from anywhere in the world to Vancouver with less than 7 days to arrange the trips was a ludicrous notion in the first place. We all saw problems with this coming from a mile away.

To then go and cite some fine print in the rules to DISQUALIFY NOGGANO for not being able to satisfy this condition is completely and utterly unfair and unreasonable. The original plan/rules said ONE WEEK. What is it now, one month? A month in a half? Things are being changed along the way, so you can't go and say "well he broke the terms and conditions of the rules" because you are changing those rules as we go. Basically, Noggano should not be blamed for poor planning on Relic's part. He deserves the second place prize at minimum.

This isn't correct, The finals were 11st September provided Milestone 5 was never reached. If Milestone 5 was reached then the fall back date was a month afterwards to allow players time to organise things.
10 Sep 2016, 22:37 PM
Senior Caster Badge

We actually announced when Milestone 5 was reached on stream that the finals would be pushed back due to this achievement. So I don't personally every know of a situation where players would have 1 week to get things sorted. That would be ridiculous to do.

I don't think by the sounds of it, Noggano could get a visa/passport sorted this year.

I personally just feel the best justification we can give is try to get Noggano a chance to play for the money still, and I do know that's something being discussed at the moment.
10 Sep 2016, 22:41 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2016, 22:03 PMBudwise
How many of us can drop what they're doing with 1 weeks notice and fly across the world? Probably a lot less than you think...

You still fail to realize, that Relic informed the players way ahead that they have to clear some space if they want to play in the final.

They told the players from the start on, that there is a possibility that this would happen and you should prepare for it.

It wasn't just one week.
10 Sep 2016, 23:06 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Hahaha, Imagine if the finals was Noggano and Jove :D
10 Sep 2016, 23:21 PM

Why can't they retroactively DQ him (DQ "officially" happened before he played Von)? Von goes to play DevM in Canada, Nog and Jesulin play for 3rd online.

Von benefits. Free pass to play for 1st/2nd.
Nog benefits. Still in possible money playing over internet for 3rd.
DevM unaffected. Still playing for 1st/2nd.
Jesulin unaffected. Still playing for 3rd.
10 Sep 2016, 23:31 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2016, 23:21 PMpage305
Why can't they retroactively DQ him (DQ "officially" happened before he played Von)? Von goes to play DevM in Canada, Nog and Jesulin play for 3rd online.

Von benefits. Free pass to play for 1st/2nd.
Nog benefits. Still in possible money playing over internet for 3rd.
DevM unaffected. Still playing for 1st/2nd.
Jesulin unaffected. Still playing for 3rd.

And why would von have priority over jesulin.
10 Sep 2016, 23:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2016, 23:31 PMDevM

And why would von have priority over jesulin.

A retroactive DQ would disqualify Nog before he and Von played. So Von would be the one to move on.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 27
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak