Login

russian armor

[2vs2] RIP Axis

PAGES (11)down
26 Sep 2016, 16:12 PM

Fortunately the Allies have a butt ton of ways to deal with loght vehicles including piats zooks ptrs guards Stuart aec t70 turbo mortar (actually really good vs vehicles lol). The 222 is the best thing ostheer has going for it in 2s these days imho.

Thanks to its dirt cheap price it is at least easily replacable. Imagine not rebuilding it for spotting scopes and instead opt for a game without OP recon like that. Makes me feel very uneasy.
26 Sep 2016, 16:45 PM

The fact that you conclude that tells us a lot about Ostheer :foreveralone:

basically :p What else does it really have that the allies dont have better? Wait a second.... t0 UC with FREE recon :p gg wp lol
26 Sep 2016, 18:11 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2016, 16:12 PMNubb3r

Thanks to its dirt cheap price it is at least easily replacable. Imagine not rebuilding it for spotting scopes and instead opt for a game without OP recon like that. Makes me feel very uneasy.

you mean dirt cheap like the free recon run from the brit command vehicle? Every 2nd minute free recon.
26 Sep 2016, 21:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2016, 14:54 PMRiCE

Exactly... i have 100% agree with this!

In one of my latest games i had to realize the mortar flare ability on soviet mortars are more useful than the barrage. I just dropped a flare, give sight for my mortars auto-fire, and they were so accurate i don't even had to control them at all. It's just shocking how could it be so rewarding with basically zero-control. You just have to put them in range, and give them sight.

But that's how almost every unit in the game works
27 Sep 2016, 03:37 AM

On the recent discussion about indirect-fire on this post, I think there is a way to deal with the auto-firing, no-micro-required problem:‎

First of all, has anyone try out the Spearhead mod? In that mod, as far as I remembered, all mortars and indirect-fire weapons do not auto fire. Instead, you have to choose an area where it will auto fire for certain amount of time then it also has cool down, I think (So you don't just leave it auto fire in that one specific area for the rest of the game). The area is around 2.5 times larger than the barrage ability if I remembered correctly so it's not that small but also not that big to be consider a no-brain action. 

Anyways, by making all indirect-fire weapons work this way, player will have to actually choose where to attack, when to attack. At least then there are some skills (timing, postioning) involve, not just place it and let it do auto fire till the rest of the game.‎
11 Oct 2016, 15:09 PM

I´m buffing my own thread. Yes, I´m that kind of person.

Just got steamrolled by dual Penal spam into Guards on Ettelbrück Station. No chance to beat this as double OKW. There was no way the Penals could be pushed out of the buildings and we were pretty much stuck in our base.

The other day we were beaten on Hamlet by a guy building 4 Maxims and a US player spamming mortars. Despite three LeIGs we lost the artillery game.

It´s simply not possible to win versus a competent Allied team. One mistake and you are finished.

Is there any serious announcement that a balance patch is on the way - other than that half assed statement that they hope to some day maybe bring one out? If not, I see little hope for this game to stay relevant.
11 Oct 2016, 15:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2016, 15:09 PMButcher

Just got steamrolled by dual Penal spam into Guards on Ettelbrück Station. No chance to beat this as double OKW. There was no way the Penals could be pushed out of the buildings and we were pretty much stuck in our base.

The other day we were beaten on Hamlet by a guy building 4 Maxims and a US player spamming mortars. Despite three LeIGs we lost the artillery game.

It´s simply not possible to win versus a competent Allied team. One mistake and you are finished.

Is there any serious announcement that a balance patch is on the way - other than that half assed statement that they hope to some day maybe bring one out? If not, I see little hope for this game to stay relevant.

Have you tried Flak HT?

Does anybody knows if Relic fixed its damage to garrisonned units?
11 Oct 2016, 15:59 PM

Question is: How much manpower is being thrown at taking a building position? Will the end result of taking that building be worth the probably 5 muni and 3 fuel a minute?

As OKW, you could send kubels around to cap while the penals are setting up camp in the buildings. Also as mentioned, the Flak HT might prove to be quite useful in that situation. I just don't like its setup time v Guards.

Soviet t1 is more or less crippled with dealing with light vehicles and armor. Once the guards start flowing you should hopefully be able to kite them around. (Remember guards have to stop and aim their PTRS for 1 second, so if you keep at range and keep forcing them to move you can avoid taking a lot of damage.)

But honestly, team games are hard to give advice for. Certain factions have really lopsided strategies like you mentioned. Maxim spam is powerful, and the USF mortar is just insane. There's a stupid amount of synergy in team games that's almost impossible to prepare for as a single player.

There answer is not how *you* will deal with a team, but how you and your team will handle the opposing teams strategy. (Much easier said than done in randoms.)

For double OKW on Ettel, I'd have one start with multiple kubels and go for lieg, the other volks into luchs. Kubel/lieg player then goes for either ostwind/jaeger or t4. Luchs player gets walking stukas.

Both players get at least one raketen, probably more on the kubel/lieg player.

Don't waste time and manpower fighting over central points, just make sure you have your fuel and at least 1/3rd of the other points. You will be behind, but Soviets and USF alike have weaker endgames than OKW.

But I won't disagree with you unfortunately. One mistake as Axis (previously just Ostheer) usually costs you the game.
11 Oct 2016, 16:34 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2016, 15:09 PMButcher

dont play ettelbrück & hamlet :D :P both maps are terrible

but yeah penals on city maps are horrible to play against :sealed:
11 Oct 2016, 19:02 PM

Have you tried Flak HT?

Does anybody knows if Relic fixed its damage to garrisonned units?

You could try it, but it will yield the same tears as any other opening and ´fast´ tech :hansREKT:
11 Oct 2016, 19:18 PM
Admin Red  Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2016, 21:13 PMStark
I said it 100 times but i will repeat it again.

FIRST CHANGE THE F**KING MAP POOL!

This thread has already 10 pages but this post nails the main problem of 2v2. 2v2 auto matches have been suffering greatly under its horrificly designed maps for a too damn long time now. Disastrous maps like Ettelbrück Station, Rzhev Winter, Road to Kharkov, Minsk Pocket and Semois Winter for example do not fit nor promote any enjoyable or balanced gameplay. It is beyond me how you can talk about balance or suggest balance changes without demanding changes to maps and map pool in 2v2. They influence balance to an equally great extend as units/abilities/etc.
11 Oct 2016, 23:08 PM

This thread has already 10 pages but this post nails the main problem of 2v2. 2v2 auto matches have been suffering greatly under its horrificly designed maps for a too damn long time now. Disastrous maps like Ettelbrück Station, Rzhev Winter, Road to Kharkov, Minsk Pocket and Semois Winter for example do not fit nor promote any enjoyable or balanced gameplay. It is beyond me how you can talk about balance or suggest balance changes without demanding changes to maps and map pool in 2v2. They influence balance to an equally great extend as units/abilities/etc.

Hey I agree with you about the others but what's wrong with road to karkhov? For me its one of the more evenly balanced 2v2 maps along with vaux farmlands. I'd add Spamlet and Shitaeu de Mudfest to your loathed map list. But then what about Trois-Ponts, an almost universally hated 2v2 map, and Lierneux (at least mildly strategic, but also across the board loathed)? After you remove those there won't be many left over.

PS and don't get me started on Dusseldorf.
11 Oct 2016, 23:19 PM
Admin Red  Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2016, 23:08 PMRappy

Hey I agree with you about the others but what's wrong with road to karkhov? For me its one of the more evenly balanced 2v2 maps along with vaux farmlands. I'd add Spamlet and Shitaeu de Mudfest to your loathed map list. But then what about Trois-Ponts, an almost universally hated 2v2 map, and Lierneux (at least mildly strategic, but also across the board loathed)? After you remove those there won't be many left over.

PS and don't get me started on Dusseldorf.

Road to Kharkov feels too favoured for South in my opinion due to North's easily accessible cutoff which is also easy to control. Furthermore you have to overcome a bit more distance to get to North's essential capture points when playing North than to South's when playing South. Not on Moscow's level but still not fair... I think Road to Kharkov can be salvaged in contrast to other maps though.

I agree those maps I listed are not the only ones that do not belong to 2v2 automatch.
12 Oct 2016, 17:54 PM

1v1 maps are shit for 2v2 for the simple reason that mortar pits and other indirect cover to much of the map too easily and the fact that 1v1 maps played as a 2v2 limit the amount of flanking you can do because the size of them.
13 Oct 2016, 18:35 PM

LOL really?? axis are still op either in 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4. just l2p. axis always been over powered.

1.they got better inf
2.they got better tanks
3.they got better indirect fire inmap
4.they got better off map artillery.

what the fuck are you talking about. learn to play. lay back with mg's and mortars and leig. get lefh and get big tanks gg.
14 Oct 2016, 21:57 PM

Axis need:
1. MG's that kill infantry (not just shoot in direction)
2. Mortars with at least same accuracy as alied ones
3. DEMO charges!!
4. Better OST panter.. pls
5. More arty options. at least better panzerwerfer
6. Anti personel mines for 1/4 cost pls!

More crowd control plssss
14 Oct 2016, 22:47 PM

Axis need:
1. MG's that kill infantry (not just shoot in direction)

You mean like the MG42 with its phosphorous rounds?

2. Mortars with at least same accuracy as alied ones

Well, the russian mortar has the same accuracy as its german pendant.

3. DEMO charges!!

While they are fun to use, it would be a very unpleasent experience if every faction had unrestricted access to them.

4. Better OST panter.. pls

yes... sure... because it's not already the most durable stock tank... I happen to know a faction with its strongest (doctrinal!) tank having less hp than a vet2 panther, funny huh?

5. More arty options. at least better panzerwerfer

Because the Stuka is not wiping enough or what? Panzerwerfer was stronger once - it was cancerous with squads and weapon teams being wiped in 1 barrage without being able to run away.

14 Oct 2016, 23:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2016, 18:35 PMViento
LOL really?? axis are still op either in 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4. just l2p. axis always been over powered.

1.they got better inf
2.they got better tanks
3.they got better indirect fire inmap
4.they got better off map artillery.

what the fuck are you talking about. learn to play. lay back with mg's and mortars and leig. get lefh and get big tanks gg.

And you need some tutorial kid.

P L A Y E R C A R D K I D D O

Get da fck outta here with your bias.

15 Oct 2016, 03:54 AM

I think what he was trying to refer to is the damn MG34. Does that thing even deal damage!? (MG42 is great, no question, but MG34 really needs a look at, especially since that's like the only viable suppression platform for OKW to stop blobs)‎

The indirect-fire problem is more due to the lower survivability of Axis infantries (Ostheer, specifically) than the mortar/indirect weaponry themselves. ‎

While they are fun to use, it would be a very unpleasent experience if every faction had unrestricted access to them.

I don't know what to comment on this. Even though consider the fact that every faction already gain access to demo-charge-like weapon either non-doc or doctrinal beside from Ostheer, I think they should have it too... could be doctrinal, I don't know...‎

yes... sure... because it's not already the most durable stock tank... I happen to know a faction with its strongest (doctrinal!) tank having less hp than a vet2 panther, funny huh?

You mean, the Pershing? That thing has its own problem, and so do the Ostheer Panther. I'm not gonna talk about the Pershing here since the dude mentioned the Panther: Ost Panther need either a RoF buff or Accuracy on the move buff. Many people already mention this problem, you can look it up.‎

Because the Stuka is not wiping enough or what? Panzerwerfer was stronger once - it was cancerous with squads and weapon teams being wiped in 1 barrage without being able to run away.

That was in the past. Now? The Land Mattress and Calliope just seems more effective. However, I think it's more because of the Axis infantries' survivability, rather than the vehicles themselves. To make it simple, just imagine what it would be like if Axis has LM and Calliope while Allies has Stuka and Panzerwerfer? It would be a buff to both sides, to be honest.‎
15 Oct 2016, 06:59 AM

RedT3rror, you play this game first time?

OKW MG 42 is big shit, if you do not think so, you are noob.
Katyusha,Priest,Land Mattress,sherman Calliope.....all that's twice as good one fucking stuka.
COmet is better then panter. multi-purpose tank.
Allies have twice the light vehicles.
By reading this you have written seems to me like it was written by a noob with 10 hours of gameplay.
Oh...
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight