Login

russian armor

USF mortar still not fixed

31 Aug 2016, 10:49 AM

USF mortar don't miss.My osther mortar and even leig18 very rarely wipe some infantry(if they don't repair) but usf mortar have heatseeking shells than never miss no matter the range
31 Aug 2016, 11:42 AM

Probably will never be changed :snfPeter:
31 Aug 2016, 12:00 PM

Omg,they are so dumb.They should test better the usf mortar.You need 2 hours to realize it's hitting everything where ostheer mortar miss 2/5 shots
31 Aug 2016, 12:05 PM

dude, it's completely RNG-dependent. i know it can be frustrating, but i've had games where OH mortar annihilates dudes because they're clumped in cover.

USF mortar can be countered through flanking and map control. it's range isn't that great, especially as the maps get bigger.
31 Aug 2016, 12:05 PM

Omg,they are so dumb.They should test better the usf mortar.You need 2 hours to realize it's hitting everything where ostheer mortar miss 2/5 shots

The thing is, that the original mortar was pretty solid. It was used in the beta test and everything was fine. Then without any reasons they changed the mortar and the stats before releasing the patch.

USF mortar can be countered through flanking and map control. it's range isn't that great, especially as the maps get bigger.

The US mortar shoots accurately on units that aren't even visible, that's the problem. It has by far the highest rate of fire and also most shots land right in the middle of a squad.
31 Aug 2016, 12:22 PM

The thing is, that the original mortar was pretty solid. It was used in the beta test and everything was fine. Then without any reasons they changed the mortar and the stats before releasing the patch.

The US mortar shoots accurately on units that aren't even visible, that's the problem. It has by far the highest rate of fire and also most shots land right in the middle of a squad.

Yep,that's the problem.Shooting and hitting my units in fog of war that are hidden.That's BS. 2 USF mortar will one shot one vet 3 gren squad.USF mortar hit and wipe more than british mortar pit(both mortars firing)
31 Aug 2016, 12:29 PM
Senior Caster Badge

As far as I know, the USF mortar is a duplicate of the Wehr Mortar with better veterancy bonuses. This makes it over perform since it's firing at 4 man squads when it was designed against 6 men. The USF Mortar should have the stats of the Soviet Mortar (20% less scatter) and not as strong vet bonuses.
31 Aug 2016, 12:50 PM

As far as I know, the USF mortar is a duplicate of the Wehr Mortar with better veterancy bonuses. This makes it over perform since it's firing at 4 man squads when it was designed against 6 men. The USF Mortar should have the stats of the Soviet Mortar (20% less scatter) and not as strong vet bonuses.

Exactly. Additionaly the problem is that Ost is way more in need of hugging green cover and having a strong defensive position than usf (most aggressive faction) is. So the mortar clears of the only thing that Ostheer has to stay alive in the early to mid game and this is extremely devastating to the German gameplay IMO. The fact that Pios can now build green cover is also very useless right now.

To get back to your post: Are you sure the rate of fire ist the same on the Ost and USF mortar? I know the Ost one is pretty fast too, but I got the feeling that the USF one is even faster. Might also be some bias from my side.
31 Aug 2016, 12:57 PM
Senior Caster Badge

To get back to your post: Are you sure the rate of fire ist the same on the Ost and USF mortar? I know the Ost one is pretty fast too, but I got the feeling that the USF one is even faster. Might also be some bias from my side.

As far as I can tell looking at the stats, the rate of fire is exactly the same even with veterancy. It just gets 20% less scatter at vet 1 instead of the counter barrage, which is obviously a beneficial trade off.
31 Aug 2016, 13:09 PM

The USF mortar is still the strongest mortar in the game; almost entirely due to vet.

There you go:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/55176/psa-usf-mortar-almost-quite-there

In retrospect, I should have named the thread: "USF mortar not quite there, yet"
31 Aug 2016, 13:36 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

This is the kind of IMBA thing that would be fixed in Dota the day after it is recognized by the playerbase. I'm not kidding, they make tiny balance patches constantly and imba stuff is never allowed to fuck up the game for very long. It sucks that this thing is having a huge influence on the War Paint tournament results. USF appears to be way OP right now, and this mortar is one of the key reasons.

Fix it, Relic.

If you cared about your tournament, you would fix it before Sunday.
31 Aug 2016, 13:37 PM

Anyone see the pack Howitzer lately? I think we should have pack howitzer memorial day annually from now on, on the day this patch was pushed through by an intoxicated QA team
31 Aug 2016, 14:39 PM

USF mortar is stupid, and clearly over performing. Its really not a L2P issue when every time your MG sets up it gets one burst off at most before it needs to relocate or get wiped. Closing with the USF mortar is also painful because of scatter reductions which effectively allow it to snipe whole gren squads that attempt to attack it.

GG relic, GG.
31 Aug 2016, 15:09 PM

FINALLY THE GARDENING TRUTH HAS BEEN SPOKEN; THX GG
31 Aug 2016, 15:13 PM

I think it should be locked after first officer unlock, much like the MG34 is locked behind first truck deployment.
31 Aug 2016, 15:13 PM

If you cared about your tournament, you would fix it before Sunday.

if lelic would care, they wouldnt have released such an extremly buggy mortar, let alone the fact that they left it broken ingame for such a long time.. and its still overperforming and they dont seem to care; tournament or not.
31 Aug 2016, 15:51 PM

]Lelic has pulled the plug on COH2 folks, any more complaints won't do anything.
31 Aug 2016, 19:54 PM
Donator 11

To get back to your post: Are you sure the rate of fire ist the same on the Ost and USF mortar?

afaik the normal rate is the same, but during a barrage the usf mortar has higher rof
31 Aug 2016, 20:00 PM

Anyone see the pack Howitzer lately? I think we should have pack howitzer memorial day annually from now on, on the day this patch was pushed through by an intoxicated QA team

Pack what? I don't even remember such a unit in the game.

The only in-direct fire unit which the USF has by default is the mortar, I have no idea what you're talking about.
31 Aug 2016, 22:41 PM

afaik the normal rate is the same, but during a barrage the usf mortar has higher rof

To be exact, 4.125 for Wehr and 3.125 for USF mortar. All this at better vet and lower scatter. And of course for a faction that shouldn't have a mortar in the first place.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★