Login

russian armor

USF mortar still not fixed

2 Sep 2016, 13:22 PM

Sturmpios have much closer way to get to this builing than IS so no idea how IS could get there first.

Advice, you don't need to sit under maxim fire. Get out of builind and stay behind it to bait enemy to get in or keep status quo for maxim and your unit.

Point is more that loosing garrison control should not be as punishing for a single faction compared to all others. And even if, their MG is out later than soviets or UKF to take the same advantage of the garrison to the same extent.
2 Sep 2016, 16:36 PM

Sturmpios have much closer way to get to this builing than IS so no idea how IS could get there first.

Advice, you don't need to sit under maxim fire. Get out of builind and stay behind it to bait enemy to get in or keep status quo for maxim and your unit.

If OKW needs to MacGyver opponents out of buildings, why cant USF? Why do they need the best mortar in t0?
2 Sep 2016, 17:33 PM

If OKW needs to MacGyver opponents out of buildings, why cant USF? Why do they need the best mortar in t0?

You don't need any MacGyver in this case becase the building we talk about is the closest one to the north base.
Second thing SP>RE
Thirdly USF nades are easy to dodge and quite useless in clearing building so this force you always for Cpt to get pack howie. With mortar you can go for Ltn as well and you are not force to get nades.

As for OKW, you will always get incendiary nades with teching so there is no slowing down becasue of nades.
All OKW needs right now is smoke ability for ISG.
2 Sep 2016, 18:05 PM

best mainline infantry and best mortar in the game (+ pretty good engineer unit)in t0 :banana:
3 Sep 2016, 00:35 AM

I guess i'm just imagining it when the go to tactic for okw in 2v2 is to head straight for the enemy cutoff, with spio>volks>kubel. Having the strongest opening unit is a huge benifit, and the kubel speed, lack of bleed, and caping ability is really strong. Rifles might be good, but okw can outnumber them early. General rule of thumb in team games is to not try to go head to head with okw for the fuel at start or you will get forced away.

Put it this way both a USF player and OKW player go for the same point to start. OKW starts with spio vs re. Obviously OKW wins.

Lets say the us player waits for his rifle. Now it's rifle+re, but okw's kubel can get their the same time as the volks because of speed. Now it's spio+kubel+volks vs re+rifle.

Or it can wait even longer, now it's spio+volks+volks+kubel vs rifle+rifle+re. Either way the US player is outnumbered and must play defensively. They don't really start to get the advantage til they bolster their force with their free officer.

Such a beautiful post and I almost missed it!
Well said, USF might be stronger than ever, but that doesn't mean OKW still has any issue pulling their cutoff/fuel house rush as always.
3 Sep 2016, 16:56 PM

You know, if you put REs in some bit of cover, usually outside the cap circle, they can really put some damage on the Sturmpios. There's been plenty of games where I've dealt heavy damage and/or dropped a model or two as they endured fire finishing the cap. Other times I've managed to draw the Spios out of the cap circle to push off my REs, which as far as I'm concerned is mission accomplished.
3 Sep 2016, 19:20 PM

Point is more that loosing garrison control should not be as punishing for a single faction compared to all others. And even if, their MG is out later than soviets or UKF to take the same advantage of the garrison to the same extent.

Well said, this is the point I wanted to address with my previous posts.
AusMagic is right that you will always be first in said building on Semoisky if you want to. But this puts you as an OKW in a disadvantage in terms of viable early game strategies because you have to concentrate on not giving this particular building to your enemy.

This was more or less the reason why Relic implemented the USF mortar, because most of the USF players played one particular strategy in every game.
3 Sep 2016, 23:02 PM

As for OKW, you will always get incendiary nades with teching so there is no slowing down becasue of nades.
All OKW needs right now is smoke ability for ISG.

except OKW doesn't always get healing with their tech. in fact their healing truck is a pretty huge detour for the OKW's tech.

I guess i'm just imagining it when the go to tactic for okw in 2v2 is to head straight for the enemy cutoff, with spio>volks>kubel. Having the strongest opening unit is a huge benifit, and the kubel speed, lack of bleed, and caping ability is really strong. Rifles might be good, but okw can outnumber them early. General rule of thumb in team games is to not try to go head to head with okw for the fuel at start or you will get forced away.

Put it this way both a USF player and OKW player go for the same point to start. OKW starts with spio vs re. Obviously OKW wins.

Lets say the us player waits for his rifle. Now it's rifle+re, but okw's kubel can get their the same time as the volks because of speed. Now it's spio+kubel+volks vs re+rifle.

Or it can wait even longer, now it's spio+volks+volks+kubel vs rifle+rifle+re. Either way the US player is outnumbered and must play defensively. They don't really start to get the advantage til they bolster their force with their free officer.

and the two of you, Australian Magic and omega are completely ignoring ost.

Even without the mortar, the USF is fine against OKW at the very start. Stormpio is nice but it's a priority one target for any decent USF player. Once the Stormpio is off the field, the Rifleman have the advantage in any urban setting against the volks and kubel. The rear echelon can also hold out in a building long enough for the rifleman to arrive.

the OKW require teching to reach their grenade and leIG, and the USF mortar should be similarly placed behind teching as well. Put the USF mortar behind the grenade upgrade. No mortar without teching.

3 Sep 2016, 23:19 PM

Put the USF mortar behind the grenade upgrade. No mortar without teching.

If you want to put mortat behind teching, put it in Ltn tier, or keep it on HQ and unlock once Lt/Cpt is ready.
3 Sep 2016, 23:20 PM

If you want to put mortat behind teching, put it in Ltn tier, or keep it on HQ and unlock once Lt/Cpt is ready.

putting it behind grenade means the USF can access it regardless of lt or captain.
3 Sep 2016, 23:21 PM

putting it behind grenade means the USF can access it regardless of lt or captain.

But it slows down teching while they already have to pay to racks.
3 Sep 2016, 23:22 PM

But it slows down teching while they already have to pay to racks.

that's the point.
3 Sep 2016, 23:23 PM

that's the point.

I see no reason to slow down teching just to get mortar.
3 Sep 2016, 23:25 PM

I see no reason to slow down teching just to get mortar.

because it provide the USF with a reliable way to counter garrison, mg, and atg as well.

a decent mortar is one of the most useful unit in the entire game. Giving one to the USF is a huge buff.
3 Sep 2016, 23:27 PM

because it provide the USF with a reliable way to counter garrison, mg, and atg as well.

a decent mortar is one of the most useful unit in the entire game. Giving one to the USF is a huge buff.

Decent - that's the thing.

USF mortar should be T0 and weakest. If it was weakest mortar which provides small damage and smoke we wouldn't hade this conversation.
But it's best mortar so here we are.

I say nerf it and we're done.

Still wonder why in preview mortar was fine for everyone and the suddenly Relic turned it into best one :facepalm:
3 Sep 2016, 23:31 PM

Decent - that's the thing.

USF mortar should be T0 and weakest. If it was weakest mortar which provides small damage and smoke we wouldn't hade this conversation.
But it's best mortar so here we are.

I say nerf it and we're done.

Still wonder why in preview mortar was fine for everyone and the suddenly Relic turned it into best one :facepalm:

just because it was in the preview doesn't automatically mean that it's fine. No one caught the issue with t34-76 mg buff until it got into a larger testing base.

and giving the usf a crappy mortar seems like it's doing it for its own sake. It feels like an obsession with providing them with a mortar without regarding for design or balance.

I also say that even a crappy mortar will be too much for the early USF. It's giving them extra option and strength at the stage of the game where they already dominate. A crappy mortar doesn't help the USF with their weak late game while buffing their already powerful early game.
3 Sep 2016, 23:41 PM

just because it was in the preview doesn't automatically mean that it's fine. No one caught the issue with t34-76 mg buff until it got into a larger testing base.

and giving the usf a crappy mortar seems like it's doing it for its own sake. It feels like an obsession with providing them with a mortar without regarding for design or balance.

I also say that even a crappy mortar will be too much for the early USF. It's giving them extra option and strength at the stage of the game where they already dominate. A crappy mortar doesn't help the USF with their weak late game while buffing their already powerful early game.

If USF player goes for 2RF+1Mortar it means you can easily punish him for that becasue your field presence will be greater.

USF needed mortar to be able to fight with HMG/buildings without mandatory nades - that was the point of mortar.
USF were forced to go for nades always vs HMG/Buildings so putting mortat behind nades does not have any sense becasue it was to be able to skip nades.

It's not good when a faction is forced to do something becasue there are no other tools.
3 Sep 2016, 23:51 PM
Donator 11

Just give them mirage version of mortar and forget about it.
4 Sep 2016, 00:25 AM

If USF player goes for 2RF+1Mortar it means you can easily punish him for that becasue your field presence will be greater.

USF needed mortar to be able to fight with HMG/buildings without mandatory nades - that was the point of mortar.
USF were forced to go for nades always vs HMG/Buildings so putting mortat behind nades does not have any sense becasue it was to be able to skip nades.

It's not good when a faction is forced to do something becasue there are no other tools.

Give it up man. Firesparks is an axis zealot. You will never convince him that mg spam and mgs in buildings is a problem. He never concedes a point, ever, even if he is blatantly wrong. Hell he even managed to argue the point with me even when I was almost making the same point as him.

Game design and faction options are irreverent in his eyes as rifles are, in his opinion, batshit op and unstoppable..

Just walk away before you give yourself a braintumour.
4 Sep 2016, 12:13 PM

USF will get mortar regardless of MG spam. With out without MG spam, any USF player will always get mortar, because its not only allow you to counter MGs but deny cover for OKW and Ost. Cover is critical when you fight rifles, HP is critical, mortar harrass both this things, macking rifles be able to win 99% fights early game.

Locking mortar behind nades is nortmal responce for USF and fact that they have to adapt to enemy strategy, just like OKW sometimes have to to T1 instead of T2 or Ost to T3 intead of T4.

USF main advantage is rifles and if USF want to support their rifles with mortar then they should pay for this.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★