Guards vs at partison

What's better
Option Distribution Votes
32%
68%
Total votes: 34
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
25 Aug 2016, 23:12 PM

Ok I have been playing mostly Soviet right now (only them from the penal buff) and I always asked my self what's better between at partisan and guards troops?
One cost less has more burst vs tank clock and spawn from all house the other cost more has 6 men don't need to research for at nade has more than decent ai , has nade ,and more damage on the long run so if I plan on skipping tier 2 going tier 1 and rushing t 70(yea I'm a scum) or tank
What wound you use ?
26 Aug 2016, 00:28 AM

I think just pick Guards cause... they're Guards. AT partisans seem to excel in flanking tanks rather than take it head-on while a pair of Guards with button vehicles and with SU-76, SU-85 or AT guns can make sure that no Axis tanks can yolo into your front. And also, partisans in general are so squishy so I would not recommend using them, again, take enemy tanks head-on.
26 Aug 2016, 11:19 AM

Guards are in "saver" doctrines. Maybe that is why i pick them.
26 Aug 2016, 22:59 PM

Guards have bigger squads and the PTRS hurts infantry pretty well, certainly better than a shrek. Plus guards can get the SMG upgrade.

Perhaps vs ost partisans are better with the shrek for med tanks. But vs OKW - guards = forget getting advantage out of Luchs or Puma + they are good AI
27 Aug 2016, 01:31 AM

It's apples and oranges.

I don't really see guards as an AT squad, more of a long range anti-infantry unit that can also do a little bit of damage to tanks if required. They have enough AT to contain a luchs rush but aren't a serious threat to anything heavier. Their combination of durability, moderate cost, and effectiveness in numerous situations make them a reliable squad to do the heavy lifting that conscripts really can't.

AT partisans are only useful against tanks, and even in that role they need the element of surprise lest they be easily killed. They aren't a reliable choice like guards, but in the right situation 1-2 surprise shreck shots combined with an AT snare on fleeing heavy armour can win you the game.
27 Aug 2016, 08:50 AM

It's apples and oranges.

I don't really see guards as an AT squad, more of a long range anti-infantry unit that can also do a little bit of damage to tanks if required. They have enough AT to contain a luchs rush but aren't a serious threat to anything heavier. Their combination of durability, moderate cost, and effectiveness in numerous situations make them a reliable squad to do the heavy lifting that conscripts really can't.

AT partisans are only useful against tanks, and even in that role they need the element of surprise lest they be easily killed. They aren't a reliable choice like guards, but in the right situation 1-2 surprise shreck shots combined with an AT snare on fleeing heavy armour can win you the game.
I meant if I intend to skip tier 2 and rushing light vehicle/tank
Obviously I'm gonna get a su85 for more armored target
27 Aug 2016, 13:25 PM

I meant if I intend to skip tier 2 and rushing light vehicle/tank
Obviously I'm gonna get a su85 for more armored target

Yeah fair enough, in that situation I usually get guards, partly because they're just a very useful unit, partly because they come in a doc that has lots of other useful stuff in it.
27 Aug 2016, 14:15 PM

Neither of them will take out anything bigger than light tank without support but guards have good AI and have lategame utility - countering infantry and buttoning vehicles
28 Aug 2016, 10:26 AM

Neither of them will take out anything bigger than light tank without support but guards have good AI and have lategame utility - countering infantry and buttoning vehicles

Your English seems to be improving, keep it up.
28 Aug 2016, 10:42 AM

What's better in what?

They have 2 completely different roles.

One is light armor deterrent and generalist anti all squad, another one is burst ambush unit.
28 Aug 2016, 12:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2016, 10:42 AMKatitof
What's better in what?

They have 2 completely different roles.

One is light armor deterrent and generalist anti all squad, another one is burst ambush unit.
come on katiof are you doing this on purpose I clearly said "if I need to skip tier 2 and rush t70/tank"
28 Aug 2016, 12:15 PM

I would have to choose Guards over Partisans.

The reason being is that while Partisans have a full loadout of anti-tank weaponry, abilities, and can camouflage themselves. They're only limited to one role: harassing tanks with plenty of firepower.

Guards Riflemen are very more flexible as they are more likely to be used since their DP-28s can dish out damage while giving German light vehicles such as the Panzer II and the Scout Car the middle finger. I almost forgot to mention the fact that their 'Button' ability is useful in temporarily stunning tanks and vehicles just so the anti-tank rifles or an anti-tank gun could get another shot off before the smoke gets in the way or gets out of range. This is greatly better than Partisans with their anti-tank grenades, because even if the tank damages a vehicle or a tank's engine they could still return fire.

Another reason for Guards is that they are more likely to be used thanks to their commanders. Unlike the Partisan commanders, who very limited to a select few, Guards are the alternative elite infantry unit in the Red Army units other than Shock Troopers.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★