Login

russian armor

Game feels dead

17 Aug 2016, 00:07 AM

Maybe it's just me, but the game just seems really dead to me right now. I feel like nobody plays or there's just a lot less players and the over all experience is slowly becoming repetitive I guess?

Coh2 just doesn't seem the same or basically I just don't feel drawn into it as much anymore. Anyone else feel this way?
17 Aug 2016, 00:21 AM

17 Aug 2016, 00:30 AM

nope, just getting big tournament hype. If one plays sp, or custom games, its always getts repetetive no matter the game.
17 Aug 2016, 00:31 AM

I don't think the number of players has dropped off that much aside from the initial drop every game has after release.

The big problem now (and since release) is the lack of variation in games. 1v1 is all about the meta and there aren't that many options available, play enough games and every faction/map combo starts to feel the same. 3s and 4s are more unpredictable, but usually descent into a slugfest due to maps whichconcentrate all the fighting in one or two places and make it very hard to maneuver. The key for me is to play all game modes and factions, that way when I get sick of one thing I can go on to another that I haven't played in a while.

The last patch was good in that it opened up more tier options for soviets and USF, but it also pushed OKW t1 towards irrelevance so it's very much a 2 steps forward, 1 step back situation. People are starting to get frustrated because we feel like the game is so close to being in a really good state but with Relic winding down their commitment to the game it looks like we won't ever get there. Mods offer a potential to improve the game after official support has dried up but right now it seems like most of the work is being done by a few committed individuals rather than in a coordinated effort. That said I don't know much about the current modding scene so please don't skewer me if I've got that part wrong. It also doesn't help that some individuals spread the idea that having good experiences in 1v1 and 4v4 are mutually exclusive and that everything should focus on competitive 1v1 when players in those game modes represent a small fraction of total base.
17 Aug 2016, 00:46 AM

If we removed the timestamps from this thread we could play a game of 'Guess what year this thread is from!'
17 Aug 2016, 01:17 AM

It also doesn't help that some individuals spread the idea that having good experiences in 1v1 and 4v4 are mutually exclusive and that everything should focus on competitive 1v1 when players in those game modes represent a small fraction of total base.

I don't think there's any way to balance 4v4 for the simple reason that it's dominated by people who just have very little idea how to play the game and just want to see big battles without having to be responsible for winning.

I slugged my way to #1 in USF random once and my teammates never actually got any noticeably better the whole time. Every match was basically a coin toss.

The closer you get to 1v1, the less of a variability skill becomes. Some things are definitely team-based and need to balanced on that basis (certain commanders and abilities such as command tanks generally), but that can be done with 2v2 in mind.
17 Aug 2016, 02:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2016, 01:17 AMCyanara

I don't think there's any way to balance 4v4 for the simple reason that it's dominated by people who just have very little idea how to play the game and just want to see big battles without having to be responsible for winning.

That comes down more to bad map design which make it hard to manoeuvre and deny resources, so matches descent into a battle of attrition.

I agree that there are some inherent differences between 4v4 and 1v1, my comment was more criticizing the notion that we should only focus on 1v1, when in fact being able to have a good experience in any game mode adds a lot to the longevity of the game.
17 Aug 2016, 02:37 AM

Imho, a new map rotation would come in handy. Maybe add more maps.
17 Aug 2016, 03:04 AM

He is right, there are everyday less players in 1v1.
17 Aug 2016, 19:57 PM

I wish 2v2s were payed closer attention to. They have the worst maps out of all the modes :(
17 Aug 2016, 20:08 PM

I feel like it's doing well actually, I'm getting games way faster than I was before (1v1)
17 Aug 2016, 20:30 PM

No fun at all as Axis. Allies are op, especially USF.
But oh, you must not say that or you're a fanboy.

I played two games after a month hiatus yesterday and today. Both against USF with a mortar that killed my whole MG42 team in 2 seconds.

If USF players rush a mortar as a first unit, something has to be wrong. But Relic said everything is okay so it has to be.
17 Aug 2016, 20:50 PM

Playing pretty much about 1/4th of the time I played pre Brits release.

Germans getting buttfucked in every aspect, even the ones they should excell in - which would be tanks - is no fun. It is beyond me why the British have equipment that is on par or even superior while their tank designs were a huge flop.

You can say what you want but Coh always used to be a bit about realism and certain factions excelled in certain aspects which they actually did well irl (Russians with heavy artillery, US with infantry, Germans with tanks, Brits with defense).

Then someone had the idea: "Lol, British tanks should kick ass." And now we are here. This along cancer emplacements (which force you into the mortar HT as Wehr) pretty much killed the game for me, although I wouldn´t say it´s dead.

If at least the Panther was buffed.

Every now and then I still play just for the fun, though hardly as much as I used to.
17 Aug 2016, 21:02 PM
Patrion 14

What you talking about? On the official forums Kyle said there is a huge patch coming that will deal with the current problems. He even said there may be an attempt to boost fps rate a bit. Game will be more alive and ever before soon.

Yup, even new maps coming out. What about a new faction? Completely free added into the patch.

Check spoiler for Kyle's official post.

17 Aug 2016, 22:27 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

It died when Brit Cancer commander was released and then took months to semi-fix. Then they beat the dead corpse with the USF Mortar combined with wrecking OKW as a whole. I don't see it reviving any time soon.
17 Aug 2016, 22:40 PM
Donator 11

If we removed the timestamps from this thread we could play a game of 'Guess what year this thread is from!'

LOLOLOLOLOL
17 Aug 2016, 22:40 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2016, 22:27 PMBudwise
It died when Brit Cancer commander was released and then took months to semi-fix. Then they beat the dead corpse with the USF Mortar combined with wrecking OKW as a whole. I don't see it reviving any time soon.

This ^
17 Aug 2016, 23:55 PM

If we talk about balance of power yes is balanced
But if we talk balance of the skill required to use that power no is not balanced
Why should I play faction when the other does the same thing but requires less micro ?
And that's why I stick with Soviet and guard motor since last 2 patch they are just more efficient after all who need off map art when vet 3 120 mm reach while map ?
The game feels monotonous and I'm not felling the thrill anymore
18 Aug 2016, 02:14 AM

You know whats dead?

This game right here:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/274440/?snr=1_5_1100__1100

Now on topic;.

Coh 2 is far from dead, its just not as active as it was due to bad balance, even worse maps and lack of new content.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 42
Germany 11
unknown 10
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L