Login

russian armor

Schwerer Flak Truck Balance ideas

PAGES (9)down
14 Aug 2016, 06:53 AM

If you put a price on it you'll have to nerf the other side techs' costs so it's fair.
14 Aug 2016, 07:14 AM

Come on, the damage output of the flack truck is perfectly fine. OKW need it because its a resource starved faction and because it doesn't have any early suppressive platform to protect its cutoff.
14 Aug 2016, 07:52 AM
Donator 11

The gun isnt 120 fuel the whole truck is and the price is too low for both a tech and a powerful weapon

if you add up the fuel costs from a bofors and another tech structure, you will end up with way less than 120 fuel

maybe one should lower its AT capabilities by a bit, but other than that, totally fine
14 Aug 2016, 08:22 AM

It nullifies planes with no side costs or additional ability, this is my only beef with schwerer.

I don't even mind it shooting at ground targets, but it should not nullify half of some doctrines only because OKW teched.

Make the anti air shooting work the same way as UKF counter barrage and it'll be fine.
14 Aug 2016, 08:37 AM
Donator 22

I vote leave it as it is. Its fine.
14 Aug 2016, 08:37 AM

360 degreed defense structure is gay since vCOH, Lelic still insist on introducing this crap.
14 Aug 2016, 09:13 AM

i think Bofos is far more trouble than OKW flak base truck .....
aaa
14 Aug 2016, 09:17 AM

free area lock for the whole game if placed properly. Axis has too much free or cheap stuff
14 Aug 2016, 09:19 AM

i think Bofos is far more trouble than OKW flak base truck .....

Bofors doesn't come 100% free, with no pop cap and no additional commitments.
Schwerer also doesn't block you from building luchs or puma.
14 Aug 2016, 09:40 AM

The pen and all anti-land powers are completely fine, but the AA power is ridiculous, it completely locks-out any kind of loiters or supply-planes.
14 Aug 2016, 10:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2016, 09:17 AMaaa
free area lock for the whole game if placed properly. Axis has too much free or cheap stuff

Hmm, why are you saying that? Then how about someone suggests that USF shouldn't get a free squad for each tech-up? How about they remove the vehicle crews and make the faction repair their stuff like everybody else has to? How about USF loose access to major tech in case the major dies and rebuilding it wouldn't only cost MP but the fuel as well? Too much free stuff, please....

Both western front armies have flaws and benefits compared to the other factions. If Flak HQ is set up in a dominant position where it actually provides significant area denial to infantry then it is also easy enough to destroy it. Replacing it costs 300 MP and 135 fuel and it is not that durable.
14 Aug 2016, 11:20 AM

I vote leave it as it is. Its fine.

Yeah but there is small issue, especially in team games. Imagine 2 or more okw players which schawerers flak trucks, i've seen hundred times planes being shot down in a sec, no need of getting any AA units what so ever.

I would be glad to see at least a button to choose Schwerer to focus as AA units or ground units (something like USF AA HT had few patches ago).
14 Aug 2016, 11:23 AM

Remove the suppression.
14 Aug 2016, 13:56 PM

I'd make it so it can only set up in territories that currently have a set up truck or in the base sector. This way the flak gun serves the purpose of defending against a 'base rush' and not necessarily as a way to lockdown a crucial point on the map.

This won't do much for a lot of maps, but it would help restrict its use as an army unit.
14 Aug 2016, 14:11 PM

1. It prevents cut offs
2. It destroys planes (benefit exponentially stronger with more OKW players)
3. It doesn't cost anymore then the cost of tech
4. Any risk associated with losing it is undermined by the KT and other doctrinal call-ins
5. It WILL exist in every game

The biggest annoyance to me is the free AA. It directly makes specific commanders less effective just because OKW is on the field. A cost should really be added, maybe while reducing some of the side techs on the medic HQ. And maybe a toggle for AA to actually add some micro to it, instead of it being so automatic.

14 Aug 2016, 14:15 PM

Hmm, why are you saying that? Then how about someone suggests that USF shouldn't get a free squad for each tech-up? How about they remove the vehicle crews and make the faction repair their stuff like everybody else has to? How about USF loose access to major tech in case the major dies and rebuilding it wouldn't only cost MP but the fuel as well? Too much free stuff, please....

Both western front armies have flaws and benefits compared to the other factions. If Flak HQ is set up in a dominant position where it actually provides significant area denial to infantry then it is also easy enough to destroy it. Replacing it costs 300 MP and 135 fuel and it is not that durable.

The difference is that the free USF squads don't completely shut down elements of the game. Shore USF might get an extra boon when they tech, but no playstyles are specifically prevented against them. Even the captain lost it's free zooks so that they don't get a automatic vehicle counter.

On top of that they do end up paying pop costs over time, so they aren't exactly as free as they seem.
14 Aug 2016, 14:17 PM

I know it's aa gun, but it shouldn't shoot planes down as it does now.
14 Aug 2016, 17:29 PM
Patrion 14

This is why Relic doesn't know how to balance this game...
14 Aug 2016, 18:09 PM

The difference is that the free USF squads don't completely shut down elements of the game. Shore USF might get an extra boon when they tech, but no playstyles are specifically prevented against them. Even the captain lost it's free zooks so that they don't get a automatic vehicle counter.

On top of that they do end up paying pop costs over time, so they aren't exactly as free as they seem.

+1 very well said and dont forget that the free USF squads need to be periodically reinforced whenever you use them.
14 Aug 2016, 18:45 PM

+1 very well said and dont forget that the free USF squads need to be periodically reinforced whenever you use them.
like the major
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight