Login

russian armor

Schwerer Flak Truck Balance ideas

PAGES (9)down
15 Aug 2016, 10:31 AM

The only thing I saw consistently being shot down are the supply drops from Land Lease. IL-2s and P-47s seem to be less vulnerable to the FlakHQ, they still deliver most of their payload while under fire from it. The strafing runs from Tactical Support and such are directional, so just avoid the Flak.

Don't forget Recon Plane, Lelic when they design USF initially they thought it cool that only US got high-attitude recon not counting SU, with Flak HQ SU can say goodbye to air drops, not to mention Soviet got the weakest AA to boot. Generally, all Allied options for AA sucks, Brit got Bofor/Centaur which nobody uses unless you go cancer spam. USF got AAHT which is expensive as fuck, better use Sherman top MG. Both OH and OKW got nice AA compared to Allied. (222 and Schwerer, Pintle MG)
15 Aug 2016, 11:03 AM

It's nor even close to being fine.

It does not eat your pop, does nt eat upkeep, prevents from flanking, shoot down planes. I see two ways.

Cut down AA abilities
or
Keep it as it is but make it upgrade.

I see no reson why OKW should have free AA.

Now, I would love to see some arguments why OKW should have abilities to kill planes with no investment.
15 Aug 2016, 11:37 AM

Now, I would love to see some arguments why OKW should have abilities to kill planes with no investment.

Like explained before, both western front armies receive additional benefits for tech up. Do you see a specific reason why USF should receive a Lt, captain, major squad, vehicle crews then?

In return both factions have flaws like no flamers, mines, snipers, lack of early indirect fire and MGs (previously). Soviets and Wehrmacht were designed symmetrically, they both have all those tools available.
15 Aug 2016, 11:44 AM

Like explained before, both western front armies receive additional benefits for tech up. Do you see a specific reason why USF should receive a Lt, captain, major squad, vehicle crews then?

In return both factions have flaws like no flamers, mines, snipers, lack of early indirect fire and MGs (previously). Soviets and Wehrmacht were designed symmetrically, they both have all those tools available.

Ltn, Cpt and Mjr all eat population and need upkeep - Schwerer doesn't see. You see the difference?

Vehicle crew supposed to be feature for paper tanks.

Still, no reason for free Anti-Air.
Ltn, Cpt or Major don't prevent you from using commanders abilities. Schwerer HQ does.
15 Aug 2016, 12:00 PM

Ltn, Cpt and Mjr all eat population and need upkeep - Schwerer doesn't see. You see the difference?

Ltn, Cpt or Major don't prevent you from using commanders abilities. Schwerer HQ does.

So let's get rid of the free squads then since they are so hindering? Both factions benefit from tech-up is all I'm saying, obviously in different ways. The reasoning behind Panzer HQ is I assume is having a defensive structure that the faction needs more than others. Very few people opt for the Flak Halftrack because the unit is weak.

Your pop cap argument could also be applied to fighting pits then, right? OKW doesn't have those either. Oh, but the have the hopelessly overpowered Flak emplacements that cost pop cap.

OKW also doesn't have a single loiter ability outside of the Fallschirmjaeger drop, which does a small bit of suppression is why you wouldn't need it against them anyways.
15 Aug 2016, 12:22 PM

So let's get rid of the free squads then since they are so hindering? Both factions benefit from tech-up is all I'm saying, obviously in different ways. The reasoning behind Panzer HQ is I assume is having a defensive structure that the faction needs more than others. Very few people opt for the Flak Halftrack because the unit is weak.

Your pop cap argument could also be applied to fighting pits then, right? OKW doesn't have those either. Oh, but the have the hopelessly overpowered Flak emplacements that cost pop cap.

That would actually buff USF as they would get units they NEED and WANT instead of the ones they HAVE to get just because they teched.
15 Aug 2016, 12:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2016, 12:22 PMKatitof

That would actually buff USF as they would get units they NEED and WANT instead of the ones they HAVE to get just because they teched.

lol... just lol. Suggesting maybe a free Ober squad instead of the flak HQ then? LOL!
15 Aug 2016, 12:42 PM

OKW also doesn't have a single loiter ability outside of the Fallschirmjaeger drop, which does a small bit of suppression is why you wouldn't need it against them anyways.

Removing Ltn, Cpt, Mjr is not that easy. It would require a small re-design.

Sure, let it be defensive structre, but again, I did not see any point why it should kill expensive air abilites? It's not like OKW doesnt have 251/17 or MG upgrade for tanks.

251/17 is not weak. It's overpriced but not weak.

WHat fightning pits? Flak emplacements? I did not know you MUST build them with tech, huh...

What's the point of bringing OKW air abilities? And OKW has one more loiter ability if you didn't know..
15 Aug 2016, 12:57 PM
Donator 22

to be fair Ltn, Cpt and Mjr all takes population yeah, but USF can get 100+ pop cap.

The reason for free AA for OKW: They are the special snowflake, since day 1 :P
I always wondering why medic and repair truck needs an upgrade and the schwerer not. Seems like there was a reason, to not give them an upgrade at all.

Upgrade schwerer with AA = small fuel cost or munition cost imo and everyone is perfectly satisfied :D
15 Aug 2016, 13:11 PM

Removing Ltn, Cpt, Mjr is not that easy. It would require a small re-design.

Sure, let it be defensive structre, but again, I did not see any point why it should kill expensive air abilites? It's not like OKW doesnt have 251/17 or MG upgrade for tanks.

251/17 is not weak. It's overpriced but not weak.

WHat fightning pits? Flak emplacements? I did not know you MUST build them with tech, huh...

What's the point of bringing OKW air abilities? And OKW has one more loiter ability if you didn't know..

Can't think of the other loiter you referred to, sry. My understanding is that Allies has Major recon, P47s, Strafes, drops..., Bombing runs what have ye. For the P47s and IL2s at least I'm pretty sure they absorb quite a lot of damage before they actually go down. In team games this might be a different story but there are simply more airborne threats to defend against in comparison to what they have available themself.

So it's giving Allies a headache not to be able to use all that stuff with impunity. That doesn't mean it is unbalanced as such. Make a decision if and when you use a drop. Maybe occupy the Flak HK with a tank meanwhile? Or take it out, it is not indestructible. It can as well become a liability in the wrong place where your pios are repairing it more than doing anything else.
15 Aug 2016, 13:24 PM

Can't think of the other loiter you referred to, sry. My understanding is that Allies has Major recon, P47s, Strafes, drops..., Bombing runs what have ye. For the P47s and IL2s at least I'm pretty sure they absorb quite a lot of damage before they actually go down. In team games this might be a different story but there are simply more airborne threats to defend against in comparison to what they have available themself.

So it's giving Allies a headache not to be able to use all that stuff with impunity. That doesn't mean it is unbalanced as such. Make a decision if and when you use a drop. Maybe occupy the Flak HK with a tank meanwhile? Or take it out, it is not indestructible. It can as well become a liability in the wrong place where your pios are repairing it more than doing anything else.

Then check the one from goliath commander.

Major recon? Honestly.. I've used it like 3-4 times in my 2000 hours. P47? Strafes? Drops? What the hell? Axis dont have them? Or What? JU loiter, unkillable supply drops, Sector Assault. P47 and Sturmovnik cry in corner when compare to Axis' abilities.

Bombing run? 4x50kg bomb, more expensive, still way worse than 1x50kg dive bomb.

Imagine of Ostheer couldn't use JU or Recon loiters, just because I made a T4 tech for SU. The amount of salt would be insane.
15 Aug 2016, 13:30 PM

Major recon? Honestly.. I've used it like 3-4 times in my 2000 hours. P47? Strafes? Drops? What the hell? Axis dont have them? Or What? JU loiter, unkillable supply drops, Sector Assault. P47 and Sturmovnik cry in corner when compare to Axis' abilities.

Bombing run? 4x50kg bomb, more expensive, still way worse than 1x50kg dive bomb.

Imagine of Ostheer couldn't use JU or Recon loiters, just because I made a T4 tech for SU. The amount of salt would be insane.

Ah ya, Sector Assault, one of the commanders nobody uses at all or at least not successfully? Up to you whether you use the major recon. I wasn't saying Axis. I'm aware that Wehrmacht has a lot of air support but OKW really doesn't.

'Cannot use' is simply wrong. Play a game as Airborne and show me how quickly those P47s allegedly get taken out. They don't suffer much. And compare that to how difficult it is to destroy a Panzer HQ.
15 Aug 2016, 13:37 PM

Because Schwerer shoots down every allied plane that dares take to the skies...............

Adding a cost to OKW t4 to get its gun? Fair enough but let me ask you this. If you lose Major/LT/Cpt can you still make units from those tiers?

If Schwerer dies, T4 dies it is risk/reward for brazen placement.You wan to add cost then sure, but add full cost to replacing each of the USF officers also inc fuel cost, after all we can't have any "special snowflakes"
15 Aug 2016, 15:18 PM

I always thought the LT and Captain being a 1 man squad that merges into a riflesquad to make a 6 man LT/Cptn squad would have been a novel idea.

I did in one of my mods and thought it wasn't too crazy. (I'd wanted to have it work with team weapons too, but I couldn't get it to function exactly how I wanted it to.)
15 Aug 2016, 15:36 PM

I always thought the LT and Captain being a 1 man squad that merges into a riflesquad to make a 6 man LT/Cptn squad would have been a novel idea.

I did in one of my mods and thought it wasn't too crazy. (I'd wanted to have it work with team weapons too, but I couldn't get it to function exactly how I wanted it to.)

But be sure there will be plenty of opposition to that by the same people who claim that the LT and Captain just eat up their pop cap....
15 Aug 2016, 18:35 PM
Patrion 14

Once again, this retarded argument is why this game remains imbalanced.
15 Aug 2016, 18:46 PM

Once again, this retarded argument is why this game remains imbalanced.

90% of this 'balance' forum is just slurs at other people anyhow, no reasoning, just 5 year olds crying . Did you think they let any of this actually flows into their decision making?
16 Aug 2016, 00:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2016, 09:23 AMZyllen

i am for the reason that air planes that loiter are not an important staple of the allied arsenal and second the doctrines that have loiter units generally have arty or units that can quickly clear out an okw truck.

of the 3 usf doctrines that have loiter 1 has the calliope and the mechanised doctrine has arty at his disposale that has a good chance of 1 shotting the truck. only airborne is screwed,

The major has a recon ability so this isnt just a non doc issue it is an issue about how the much the Schwerer gun controls the other player. Think about it the Schwerer is a gun that cancels doctrinal abilities and it prevents flanking and it is a great suppression platform and it can damage medium armor all for no cost,pop cap or micro while the Major has a pop cap and is often just used as a retreat point and if his abilities are used the USF player must invest munitions and micro to use them. Also its uncommon for the Schwerer to be one shot by a single arty ability unless the other player gets lucky with RNG and the shells all land on the truck
16 Aug 2016, 06:04 AM

The major has a recon ability so this isnt just a non doc issue it is an issue about how the much the Schwerer gun controls the other player. Think about it the Schwerer is a gun that cancels doctrinal abilities and it prevents flanking and it is a great suppression platform and it can damage medium armor all for no cost,pop cap or micro while the Major has a pop cap and is often just used as a retreat point and if his abilities are used the USF player must invest munitions and micro to use them. Also its uncommon for the Schwerer to be one shot by a single arty ability unless the other player gets lucky with RNG and the shells all land on the truck

Writing the same thing again and again doesn't make it more true and all of this was already replied to.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS