Login

russian armor

(Mr.Smith's) Quality of Life mod

11 Oct 2016, 22:25 PM

New minor version out:

v0.102:

Infiltration unit changes:
- 20 second delay between command and unit spawning
- Infiltration units now cost 10 times the reinforcement cost of their models to call in*
- JLI/Falls have Pathfinder-like stationary camo at vet0
- Stormtrooper Vehicle Detection only detects vehicles now

*Exceptions:
- Sturmtroopers (they have to buy their weapons)
- AT Partisans also cost 70 munitions

Tank grenade throw:
- Automatic grenade throw replaced with manual throw (Pershing, Comet)
- For Comet, this means that the grenade throw only becomes available at Vet3
- All grenades nerf-buffed to precisely Mills Bomb level (Comet, Pershing, Sturmtiger, Churchill)
- All grenade use Pershing slow-moving nade speed
- All grenades can be thrown on the move
- Cost increased to 25 munitions

Additional changes for Anvil Churchill:
- Slight buff to Vet1 Sten guns (moving accuracy)
- Smoke projector now reduces speed by 30% (instead of 60%), and costs 25 munitions (down from 30)
- Popcap to 16

Base sector and off-maps:
- All off-maps banned from base sector
- This includes Major and IR Pathfinder artillery

Emplacements banned from base sector

You can read the full list of changes in the OP
12 Oct 2016, 00:59 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I was wondering, what is your opinion on infiltration units all having to upgrade their weapons?
12 Oct 2016, 07:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2016, 00:59 AMVuther
I was wondering, what is your opinion on infiltration units all having to upgrade their weapons?

Initially I thought about giving all infiltration units pistols, requiring them to upgrade their weapons (for free), etc.

That would be a bit complicated to do, but I think it might be doable.

The thing with infiltration units, currently, is that it requires not even a hint of pre-planning by the attacker: just pop a unit out of nowhere to get your free snare, and that's it!

But, then, I thought that, perhaps, it's simply enough to just delay the spawn. If somebody is camping hard, you can still rely on infiltration units to create a flank. However, now there's a risk that the situation when the unit pops out is no longer the same as what it was when you summoned the unit.
i.e., now it's also the attacker that has to adapt to an evolving situation, not just the defender.

With the new changes, I envision that stormtroopers and fallschirmjaegers will have the edge over other, less generalist infiltration units:
- fallschirmjaegers can be considered generalists with their nade, faust and small arms DPS
- stormtroopers can, theoretically adapt their loadout after they have spawned. This is unlike, say, partisans.

I really don't want to hit call-in units too much, because some doctrines (especially Luftwaffe, Encirclement and Partisans) really hinge on these units.

One thing I might do, regardless, though, is give all abilities a 5-second cooldown after spawn.

PS: I'm not sure if this is just my impression. However, the new squad formations I gave to all squads make JLI/Fallschirmjaeger/Stormtroopers rather difficult to use camo. However, rather than give them back their terrible squad formations of yesteryear, I might give them a short lingering camo (like 1 second).

12 Oct 2016, 18:46 PM

PS: I am thinking of trialing a nerfed USF mortar for the mod. USF mortar stats must obviously be a bug.

https://www.coh2.org/topic/56955/usf-mortar-fix-idea
12 Oct 2016, 20:35 PM

https://www.coh2.org/topic/56955/usf-mortar-fix-idea

There's no consensus about what the mortar should look like.

I think I would be more inclined to copy-paste the stats that Miragefla posted:
- There have been so many people that have playtested the mortar in his mod. If something was so glaringly wrong with it, he would have fixed it.
- There is no excuse for having USF get a better mortar than either OST (obvious reasons) or Soviets (USF at least gets good, versatile infantry)
- It seems the only set of proposed changes that has an actual chance of keeping Pack Howitzer/MortarHT relevant; at least as flavor units

I'll try to include these changes in the next release. USF mortar is such a huge downer for everyone; including the most hardcore of USF fanboys. Nobody wants an easy win.

14 Oct 2016, 09:33 AM

also think it's the best way to go.

Why the fuck did relic take the 81 mm instead of the miragefla one ?? :loco:

still, since you fixed the squad formation by giving the tommmy one to everyone, mortar will be less an issue and more what it was always supposed to do :
consstant damage on stationary squads, not lucky wiping full health squad.

btw, i saw a post from luvnest in relic pool for balance and he lightened another big issue : the AT partysan got schreks + AT grenade which is not too bad but when spanwed of a building, behind some early armor it always manage to kill the ennemy armor;

tihnk this is solved with the 20 seconds delay you added between the order and the spawn of unit.
that's some great job you did there.

15 Oct 2016, 06:22 AM

same goes to the OKW 15 munitions grenade right ? (300 sec cooldown)
17 Oct 2016, 00:00 AM

v0.103

I tweaked squad formations again, and how squads space out in crater (yellow) cover.

I began to notice that Allied infantry had the tendency to spread out in an awkward line (with 2 guys on top of each other), when ordered to go near a crater. This made absolutely no sense since:
- The majority of the squad was outside the crater
- The squad was clustered in 2 hotspots

Instead, I reworked the crater formation, and now it looks like a slightly-more-clustered version of the Tommy formation (but not too tight). It looks like the grenadier crater-formation but with 2x more space in-between.

This means that stealth troops will also have an easier time using stealth again.

Some other minor fixes:
- I fixed a bug I introduced with guards rebuying PTRS
- Paratroopers will no longer be forced to relocate when reinforcing near a beacon

same goes to the OKW 15 munitions grenade right ? (300 sec cooldown)

I don't understand. What do you mean? :O
17 Oct 2016, 10:17 AM

Its mean u cannot use the Infiltration grenade instantly when u call new infantry.
Same goes to fix the SU patisan AT grenade : give then 20-30 sec cooldown, not instantly pop out building and preform deadly combo Shreck - AT grenade - Shreck.
17 Oct 2016, 10:55 AM

Its mean u cannot use the Infiltration grenade instantly when u call new infantry.
Same goes to fix the SU patisan AT grenade : give then 20-30 sec cooldown, not instantly pop out building and preform deadly combo Shreck - AT grenade - Shreck.

Partisans (and all other infiltration units) are no longer instantly popping out of buildings. The added delay means that you may miss your intended target.

The added delay means that you need to choose in advance whether you want to spawn AT partisans with SMG partisan support or not.

Partisans also no longer cost less than a bottle of scotch to summon. Their call-in price has been bumped up to make them fair compared to the other infiltration units.

Neither squad will be able to survive the 20 seconds needed to bring the new guys to the front. Thus if you want to be able to counter both vehicles and infantry, you need to summon both squads at roughly the same time, and hope that the enemy hasn't moved by then.

However, this is not sustainable, as calling both squads will now cost you 500+ manpower. Thus, it will become more cost-efficient to actually stealth a squad to the front-line and try to time it with a squad spawning from the rear lines.

That looks like "mission accomplished"-enough for me.

If people have tried out the nerfs in-game and they still find them unsatisfactory I can also start going around nerfing the cooldown of abilities, etc. I'm just trying the lazy approach first of not fixing something unless there's actually a problem.

17 Oct 2016, 18:50 PM

v0.104 update

This version mainly addresses Logistics Gliders shenanigans, which make officers/commandos/gliders unavailable to players for no reason.

- If a glider crash-lands, it will self-destruct within 10 seconds from touching down (this will allow additional Logistics gliders to be called in)
- Gliders no longer allowed in the base sector (to prevent Brit tech-up from bugging out). Sorry for that.

To ensure that the player always has access to 1 and exactly one Airlanding officer:
- If the player already has an officer when the Logistics Glider is called in, the glider calls a Commando squad instead
- The player can buy additional Officer squads at the glider for 370MP, to a maximum of 1 squad per player
- (medic squad moved to HQ; no commander requirements)
- To make things fair, the player needs to buy an 100MP upgrade to activate forward retreat point

Officer heroic charge nerfed: no longer confers bonuses to received accuracy (still the best buff in the game, though).

Officer squad popcap raised to 9 to match Commandos popcap (similar potency)

King Tiger now buildable at the OKW HQ again. Same requirements. Same limit (1 max). This is to allow OKW players to build KTs without being forced to pick a commander.
18 Oct 2016, 22:22 PM

v0.105 update

One-hit-wipe-wonder fixes

This one is about addressing one-hit wipes (AVRE, Sturmtiger, demopacks, goliaths, etc)

I have separated the damage of these abilities vs vehicles and vs infantry.

Most of those attacks retain their damage vs vehicles as it was (exception: Sturmtiger got nerfed to 580 from 640, for obvious reasons).

The damage these attacks vs infantry now is no longer one huge, unavoidable explosion. Instead, it's a randomized explosion, that might, or might not wipe everyone standing right in the center of it. On the other hand, that same explosion may also kill models further away from the centre of the explosion.

It works a bit like:
- Take Stuka Dive Bomb
- Replace it with 50-or-so mini-infiltration nades peppered around the radius. Throw 25 of those nades within a radius of 5 or so, and the remaining 25 nades within a radius of 10 (the latter might still end up within the smaller circle).

The rationale behind this change is that:
- The blob-counter rationale behind those abilities is a myth. Those are lone-squad wiper abilities
- In the live version the attacker has full control over when to launch the attack and where the attack will hit (most of these attacks are pinpoint accurate)
- This means that an attacker is very likely to abuse those abilities to wipe individual squads
- Since the explosion is unpredictable, the attacker might now have to think twice about wasting the attack to wipe an individual squad
- At the same point, launching this attack on a blob will cause enormous amount of damage

All of those attacks now cause exactly the same amount of anti-infantry damage. Demo-packs and goliaths have now been normalized to also deal the same amount of damage to all targets.

Stuka Dive bomb causes additional damage, but over a wider radius, so that it remains scary. Don't expect too many wipes with it.

B4 is now a lot more accurate if you fire against visible territory. On the other hand, it's even more inaccurate than before if you fire in the fog-of-war. Line your shots wisely.

In the future, I might decide to add a stun critical vs infantry to those attacks.

Anti-Freedom band-aid

To prevent USF from roflstomping everyone both in the live game and the QoL mod, I have instituted the following nerfs:
- Lieutenant/Captain tier manpower cost up to 350MP (from 200MP)
- Mortar nerfed according to Miragefla's post
- M20 crew no longer gains a free bazooka (they need to pay for it, like the captain does)

To ease the pain a bit:
- Lieutenant/Captain Thompson changed to slot item. This means that the weapon will be passed around when the unit that was holding it died. On the flipside it might cause a few unnecessary weapon drops though.
- M20 MP cost down to 210 (from 340) -- with lieutenant cost going up, free zook away and the 222 the way it is.. Why not?
- M15 MP cost down to 270 (from 350). Same.
- Lack of mandatory bazooka means that M20 crew can upgrade to elite crew thompsons :foreveralone:

A few closing words on the mortar:
- The QoL version mortar now gains exactly the same veterancy as the other mortars in the game
- On the other hand, Miragefla's stats parametrisation makes it completely different from any other mortar. Thus, I can't really compare how the new mortar will look like off the top of my head. It still looks insanely strong though, especially with the WP barrage.
- NB: firing mortars from close range makes them extremely accurate (and lethal)
23 Oct 2016, 09:41 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

-Ability that breack FoW, I've always seemed excessive like the recon 60 seconds, that breaks the essence of the game. This I think would you can take a look and decrease for instance: (to 30 seconds if allow animation and perhaps down of 80MU to 75MU).

-Okw flares are buggeds perhaps by the animation

-And perhaps rework HTinfrared / valentine

Thanks @Mr.Smith good work.
23 Oct 2016, 18:36 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

I think this is one of the better mods, but at this point I think the changes are starting to become more than bug fixes to be actual balance changes. I have no problem with that, honestly.

2 things:

-Are you reducing the reinforcement cost of the partisans? Increasing their front-end cost would do away with the need to make them extremely expensive to replenish.
-Can you reduce the CP requirement of the valentine pls (plus what capiqua said)?

I'm looking forward to trying out v0.105
23 Oct 2016, 19:47 PM

Have not tried it out yet, but sounds REALLY good. Lelic pls import this into the game!
24 Oct 2016, 08:42 AM

v0.106 changes:

A big portion of the effort gone in this patch went to:
- UKF base howitzers QoL
- Vehicle Crews & decheesing USF popcap abuse

Next patch is probably going to touch the OKW truck system.

USF popcap changes

Everybody knows that USF can go over the top with their effective popcap by decrewing their vehicles. At the same time, the faction suffers from an insane overhead forced on them by their "free" units.

To fix this:

- Vehicle crews cost 12 popcap*
- Penalties given to non-crew units using vehicles (to force people to use vehicle crews)
- Certain USF units were reduced to 0-popcap
- USF officers have been upgraded to make it worth fielding them
- Elite Vehicle Crews given viable stats \o/

* although this sounds excessive, other factions have to take popcap equal to their tank & the pioneer fixing it

Vehicle Crew rework

It is possible to buy additional weapon crews at T0, after unlocking either the Captain or the Lieutenant. Price/Reinforcement cost equal to rear echelons.

Veterancy requirements

Vehicle crew veterancy requirements went up from 200/400/800 to 650/1300/2600
However, as you are about to see, their Vet is now really worth it.

Repair critical (also affects Assault Engineers)

The ability has been nerfed quite a bit. However, now it scales with veterancy:
- Vet1: It takes 4 seconds to repair a critical, 40 second cooldown
- Vet2: 4 seconds delay, 20 second cooldown
- Vet3: 2.5 seconds delay, 20 second cooldown

- Cost: 25 Munitions

Decrewing vehicles
Previously, and for all crews (medics/infantry/crews), it would take:
- 0 seconds to decrew a tank out-of-combat
- 2 seconds to decrew a tank in-combat

The in-combat delay has been changed as follows:
- Medics: 2.5 seconds
- Non-vehicle crews: 2.5 seconds
- Vet0/Vet1 vehicle crews: 2 seconds
- Vet2+ vehicle crews: 1.25 seconds

The idea here is that since most units get their vet2 bonus that increases survivability, so do vehicle crews.

doctrinal Elite Crews

The ability has been changed as follows:
- Costs 70 munitions
- It still gives the weapon crew access to Thompsons.
- While the crew is driving a vehicle, both the vehicle and the crew gain veterancy 15% faster
- The crew gains access to the Vet2 faster disembark time at all vet levels (the delay reduction bonuses do not stack, though)

XP penalties/bonuses

Non-vehicle crew squads (e.g., Rear echelons) have a -60% received experiency penalty while driving a vehicle:
- The penalty affects the rate that the vehicle will gain veterancy
- This penalty does not stack with equipped AT weaponry

Vehicle crews do not receive any penalties when driving vehicles. Regardless of whether they are carrying bazookas or not

As mentioned earlier, Elite Crews awards a +15% XP gain bonus while on the tank

Equipped weapons

Vehicle crews can only carry 1 weapon max (or 4 thrompsons)

- M20 crews no longer carry a free bazooka. Like the captain, you can upgrade it.
- At the same time, this arrangement allows you to skip the bazooka if you want to go for the thompson upgrade

USF officers

- Both Captain and Lieutenant thompsons are now slot items, with stats upgraded to paratrooper-level

Lieutenant

Previously this unit had nothing special, and there was never any need to keep it around. Except maybe for the early game due to the Bar.

To address this:
- Lieutenant loses the free bar. However, he can upgrade one bar, just like the captain.
- At vet1, the squad gets: 40 sight range out-of-cover, 50 range in-cover

The idea is that you can now use the Lieutenant to spot enemy MGs, and coordinate attacks

Major

- Now costs 0 popcap (down from 5)
- Cannot capture territory
- Cannot recrew weapons/tanks
- Cannot use slot items

UKF base artillery changes

Those guys used to cost 45MU and were shooting firecrackers at the enemy. This version, shit gets real.

This ability is now a medium-availability (munitions cost/opportunity cost) high-efficiency area-denial barrage. For 60 munitions you get:
- A decent, long-ish, barrage
- Followed by a brief smoke barrage

The latter is necessary to ensure that the barrage is useful in the early game, when the faction completely lacks smoke cover.

"Coordinated" Fire Barrage
- Both howitzers now immediately face the front when the tier buildings are ready
- Between a new attack command and when the howitzers start firing, there is a 15 second delay. This is to ensure that both howitzers fire at the precise same moment.
- Projectile speed has been increased to ensure that the projectiles land as close to one-another as possible

Scatter
Having low scatter on such a high-delay ability no longer makes any sense. If anything, it makes the fire-pattern predictable, and easy to dodge.

Airburst shells have a scatter radius of 20.
Ditto for HE shells, though things get complicated with the angle scatter.

The accuracy of the barrage no longer depends on whether you retain vision of the flare or not.

In a future patch I will try to make it so that the HE shells have the same scatter regardless of the distance.

Note that the delay pattern of the 4 airburst shells is now random. It takes between 5 and 15 seconds between consecutive shells.

Damage

Now we're talking.

HE shells stats now match Sexton shells:
- Penetration from 120 to 1000
- AoE same as Sexton

Airburst shells:
- Now deal the same amount of damage as the reworked demo charges in the mod.

Smoke barrage
At about 65 seconds after you fired the flare (or 50 seconds after the first shot), the howitzers will start deploying smoke.

If you are busy microing away from the action, you may be able to identify when the smoke barrage begins by the smoke signature:
- The howitzers use an interleaved barrage pattern for the smoke barrage

Artillery Commander barrage
Having 2 of the same makes no sense. The difference between the vanilla barrage and the artillery barrage are as follows:
- There is still a 15 delay between the command and the first shot being fired
- However, in the case of the artillery commander, the flare only spawns 5 seconds before the first shot is fired.
- Airburst shells no longer require Anvil Tech
- No smoke barrage

Flare range
Flare range has been increased to 40.

If you aim the barrage close enough (say, within range 20), your tommies will fire a fairly accurate smoke marker grenade, as before. If you aim further than that, Tommies will use their flare gun, which might not be very accurate.

Don't worry though. Neither the guns will be accurate.

Availability
Hopefully, I have convinced you that shit got real. To make this fair, though:
- The ability costs 60 munitions per use
- Is no longer available to the sniper. Thus it actually requires an investment to use.

Command vehicle

Universal carrier command vehicle is super cheesy. So is free recon. Everybody knows this. At the same time, using the command vehicle for any other role is prohibitive due to the speed debuff.

To address this:
- Universal Carriers can no longer be turned to command vehicles
- Recon now costs 40 munitions
- Command vehicle given a toggle ability to disable the command vehicle bonuses, along with the speed debuff

Command vehicle toggle

Toggling out of the ability has the following effects:
- The sight of the recon airplane drops to 0
- The speed debuff is gone
- The received-accuracy debuff is gone
- All aura bonuses are gone

Note, that even if you switch out of the command vehicle mode, you will forever retain the following debuffs:
- Cooldown/Reload debuffs to your vehicle

- The ability has a 5-second delay between toggling (while toggling the tank is affected by the speed penalty)

Comet/Churchill/Pershing grenades

These now have a scatter. This means that firing those nades while moving means that they may now end up somewhere else entirely.

I also added a small delay to the grenade throw time. There was none before, after my fixes. Oops!

(Note to self: I need to apply this change the sturmtiger grenades)

Comet/Cromwell/Greyhound smoke shells

Greyhound??!
Greyhound canister shot replaced with smoke shell. Canister shot was useless and you know it.

Yes, I know that USF has too much smoke. However, Paratroopers and Pathfinders don't get access to smoke. So, why not?

Shell accuracy
Smoke/WP shells now given same scatter as Comet auto-attack. Same story as vehicle grenades: if you want an accurate shot, you stay put. If you don't care, keep moving around.

White Phosphorus changes
People have been complaining for ages that Comet WP kills people unlike other WP shells. Thus, I went ahead and modified the WP shell to have the exact precise stats of pack howitzer WP shells:
- Costs raised to 25 munitions
- Cooldown raised to 30 seconds
- Will slow infantry down
- Will prevent tanks from firing while they are situated right on top of the dot
- Will seriously maim infantry but not kill them

Personally, I think that's OP. However people have been complaining that Comet white phosphorus is "too good". Thus, I gotta give them the opportunity to try out what they have been asking for.

Anti-infantry tanks & Terrain

There's 3 kinds of anti-infantry tanks in the game:
- Those with howitzer-type of weapons that go over obstacles
- Those with an accurate flak attack that only care about the cover infantry is behind (e.g., luchs/centaur)
- Those with a scatter-based attack, that will collide with everything, including terrain contours.

As an experiment, to see what happens when we take the territory restrictions out of the last category of tanks, I have made the following projectiles able to ignore ground elevation:
- Ostwind
- Sherman HE
- ISU HE
- Centaur vet1 ability
- White Phosphorus/Smoke shell

(Note that the projectile can still collide with other obstacles, such as sandbags, etc)

Depending on how this change feels like, I might further change accuracy-based vehicles to also benefit from this feature:
- Luchs
- Centaur
- FlakHT
- FlakHQ
- Bofors

Troop transports

All troop transports can now carry just about anything on two legs.
This includes:
- Snipers
- HMGs
- Mortar teams

Don't panic! None of these units are allowed to fire from open-top vehicles.

Loading up times normalized
- Now it takes up to 2 seconds to load a squad inside, regardless of the size of the squad

B4

In the spirit of addressing one-hit-wipes, the damage of B4 (both barrage mode and direct fire) drops to 580 to match that of the new Sturmtiger.

Howitzer refacing bugs fixed. This includes all field howitzers.

Note that I changed the way the artillery calculation is done to make it avoid hitting territory too much. In certain cases, this might cause the projectile to completely avoid touching ground, and travel infinitely long towards the edge of the map (or until it collides with a tank).

I will probably fix it in the next version. However, I thought it looked funny, and I think so might you.

Some minor/unimportant bug fixes

- Stun nade bug gone for good
- Penals suppression recovery threshold fixed, so that when your MG tells them to stay down, they stay down.

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2016, 09:41 AMcapiqua
-Ability that breack FoW, I've always seemed excessive like the recon 60 seconds, that breaks the essence of the game. This I think would you can take a look and decrease for instance: (to 30 seconds if allow animation and perhaps down of 80MU to 75MU).

-Okw flares are buggeds perhaps by the animation

-And perhaps rework HTinfrared / valentine

Thanks @Mr.Smith good work.

I have never ever really looked into fixing prices for recon before. I could have a look at it sometime down the road.

My plan for Valentine/infraredHT/Kubel-Vet1 depends on what I can do with the mod tools:
- Ideally I want to make their maphacking ray NOT go through walls etc. In a game with a resource-intensive true-sight system, that's beyond stupid.
- If this isn't possible, I will simply tie this ability to a munitions cost (and drop the MP price of the IRHT significantly)

My dream for InfraredHT is to modify its performance so that it is as viable to use in 1v1 as it is in higher game-modes. This means nerfing its ability but, at the same time, give it a very generous cost discount.

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2016, 18:36 PMwouren
I think this is one of the better mods, but at this point I think the changes are starting to become more than bug fixes to be actual balance changes. I have no problem with that, honestly.

2 things:

-Are you reducing the reinforcement cost of the partisans? Increasing their front-end cost would do away with the need to make them extremely expensive to replenish.
-Can you reduce the CP requirement of the valentine pls (plus what capiqua said)?

I'm looking forward to trying out v0.105

Too late, son. Now it's v0.106.

Now. As a blatant sign of favouritism, and even though I hadn't planned on doing anything about the Valentine until the call-in meta fix (which should come after a half-assed light-vehicle fix (which should come after maphax rework (which should come after OKW truck system rework))):

Valentine

- CP requirements reduced to 4
- Popcap reduced to 9
- Can no longer crush humans

24 Oct 2016, 10:09 AM

Loads of ninjas coming with the newest version. I forgot to mention these ones;

Cromwell
- Fuel cost increased from 110 to 120
- Smoke shell ability available at vet0

UKF tank commanders
- Veterancy bonus & stealth detection completely removed
- Now only gives bonuses to accuracy (+10%) and sight range (from 35 to 45)
- Requires Vet1 to buy

Emergency Warspeed
- Can only be used on the player's own tanks (i.e., not those of their allies)

USF repair critical
- In addition to all the forementioned changes, the ability can only be used on USF tanks
- This "nerf" came early in the redesign cycle of the ability, and I think I will revert it
25 Oct 2016, 09:21 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

-You've solved the problem of pop USF :clap:. But do you can decrewing vehicles with 100pop?

-Ambulance, do you considered lowering pop, something like the Major. Eliminate medics and limit 1 per player?

-The abilities than using 25pounders, are all veryyyy similars. Even when the British came Perimeter Overwath ability is rather poor because you have to go around a large extension of land with only two howitzers.

25 Oct 2016, 09:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2016, 09:21 AMcapiqua
-You've solved the problem of pop USF :clap:. But do you can decrewing vehicles with 100pop?

The main vehicles USF abuses to go over popcap are:
- Priests (14 pop)
- Jacksons (14 pop)
- M10 (10 pop)

Basically, just about anything you need to use on demand (you don't always have to fight king tigers 100% of the time). Thus, I thought 12 popcap is a decent value; not too high not too low.

You can still go over popcap with USF as follows:
- Build loads of ambulances
- Every time your popcap runs low, you decrew your vehicles and put the crews inside the ambulances

Alternatively, you can kill off the vehicle crews and go with rear echelon crews. However:
- Your vehicles suffer from -60% received experience
- You get no super-glue
- It takes longer for non-vehicle crews to dismount from vehicles than vehicle crews
- It costs a lot of MP

There is absolutely NO way to eliminate popcap abuse. However, one can make it harder to abuse.

-Ambulance, do you considered lowering pop, something like the Major. Eliminate medics and limit 1 per player?

I thought about that. However, then, somebody would be able to put their infantry in the ambulance to make that infantry (or vehicle crew!) worth 0 pop.

Instead, I gave medics 0 popcap. That way, if your popcap runs low, you can decrew your ambulance and build that last unit you wanted.

I would consider giving ambulance 0 popcap if I can make it no longer decrewable.

-The abilities than using 25pounders, are all veryyyy similars. Even when the British came Perimeter Overwath ability is rather poor because you have to go around a large extension of land with only two howitzers.

In my mod the Artillery Regiment 25-pounder barrage and the tommy 25-pounder barrage are slightly different:
- The Artillery regiment blows its entire load (4 airburst shells always + 3 pairs of howitzer shots within 20 seconds). That's meant to be used offensively.
- The tommy version takes its time. It takes about 50 seconds to deploy the entire barrage (4 airburst, if you teched + 6 pairs of howitzer shells). Then it's followed by a smoke barrage.

Perimeter overwatch is a lost cause. I am with you there. It's simply too much legwork for 2 howitzers to cover an entire front. Especially when units dart in and out constantly.

I have thought of three solutions:
1. I could turn the overwatch to an offmap, like OST sector artillery.

2. I could redesign it to only cover one territory. That territory no longer has to be painted orange.

3. Similar to above, but now it can also be targetted on enemy territory (obviously, in that case, the orange markings have to remain)

PS: If people could give me feedback on whether the Tommy flare-gun flare-grenade works flawlessly, I would be really thankful. I am planning on using the same implementation to make 25-pounders have the same scatter regardless of where they shoot.
25 Oct 2016, 10:07 AM

Sadly I have no British faction to test it.
I found out when i re-crew Raketten with Osteer Pioneers sometimes it won't camouflage (need to rapid toggle ability for re-cloak again).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★