Login

russian armor

Invites for Relic tourney

• This thread is locked
PAGES (12)down
9 Aug 2016, 19:57 PM

I've personally submitted screenshots, videos, chat logs of admittance, the works to Relic regarding SPrice and his bug abuse. Hell he used the OnMe bug vs me and Marinez after we pushed him into his base in a 2v2 and there was nothing we could do about it except leave and shake our heads. He's streamed it, flaunted it, had replays posted reporting him about it, probably moreso than any other member of the community. And this is much more than the OnMe bug, this also includes probably every Sherman MG Cannon bug in history and the Super Command Tank ala Bren Carrier bug as well.

To ban Paul and not him is a disgrace to not just Paul but to Relic and the community. They either need to drop the BS and let Paul play or also remove Price. Anything else is a personal agenda.

Wow, great point. Hopefully a Relic representative (besides momo/ciez) will come here and shed some light on the topic.
9 Aug 2016, 20:12 PM

http://imgur.com/a/obyy9

http://imgur.com/a/XIAx6

So player with that attitude (Price) got invited to the tourney and Paul not? Legit.
9 Aug 2016, 20:17 PM

Here is a simple info-graphic showing why people have questions about it.

9 Aug 2016, 20:22 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

This is probably the most butthurt thread in CoH2 history
9 Aug 2016, 20:23 PM
Referee Badge
Benefactor 347

and its the truth.
9 Aug 2016, 20:28 PM

It's not, by far.

The invite list has flaws and people are pointing it out, with quite some good points actually.
9 Aug 2016, 20:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Aug 2016, 20:28 PMI984

It's not, by far.

The invite list has flaws and people are pointing it out, with quite some good points actually.

There are soooooo many more butthurt threads than this. Today I learned asking questions about a level playing field = butthurt.
9 Aug 2016, 20:46 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

You moderate the Official Forums. We will moderate here. K? :)
9 Aug 2016, 20:47 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I've personally submitted screenshots, videos, chat logs of admittance, the works to Relic regarding SPrice and his bug abuse. Hell he used the OnMe bug vs me and Marinez after we pushed him into his base in a 2v2 and there was nothing we could do about it except leave and shake our heads. He's streamed it, flaunted it, had replays posted reporting him about it, probably moreso than any other member of the community. And this is much more than the OnMe bug, this also includes probably every Sherman MG Cannon bug in history and the Super Command Tank ala Bren Carrier bug as well.

To ban Paul and not him is a disgrace to not just Paul but to Relic and the community. They either need to drop the BS and let Paul play or also remove Price. Anything else is a personal agenda.

Relic/Kyle - Answer please. :)
9 Aug 2016, 21:03 PM

During the stream Kyle said that smurfing was not allowed during the tournament, that it was frowned upon" in general and that Relic even banned some players who do it on the leaderboards.
Paul is a notorious smurf...
9 Aug 2016, 21:12 PM
Senior Referee Badge

Does relic even read threads on coh2.org?
9 Aug 2016, 21:22 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Does relic even read threads on coh2.org?

Yes
9 Aug 2016, 21:22 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

You moderate the Official Forums. We will moderate here. K? :)

This was in no way a criticism towards the moderation here.

Good evening sir
9 Aug 2016, 21:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Aug 2016, 19:57 PMGdot

Wow, great point. Hopefully a Relic representative (besides momo/ciez) will come here and shed some light on the topic.

Not sure what your problem is and I'll let Momo defend himself from the nonsense you've spewed about him if he is so inclined, but since you called me out by name I guess I'll clarify some of your misconceptions.

First, I have never claimed to be officially associated with Relic in any capacity. Heck, I rarely play the game anymore. I am 99% sure (as some one else already pointed out) that Momo's "he's an ass..." comment was a reference to the Gabe Newell "James in an ass..." thing.

Here's some reading for you:

http://steamed.kotaku.com/james-is-an-ass-gabe-newell-explains-why-valve-fired-d-1761615090

TLDR - Momo copy/pasta'd the exact sentence for the l0lz but apparently you feel the need to be butt-hurt on Paula's behalf about it. More power to you I guess. #SJW2016

Second - if my memory serves regarding Relic's stream (some one please correct me if I am wrong) - Paula specifically inquired about entering his smurf account(s) [probably as a joke]. Smurfs have never been allowed in any vCoH/CoH2 tournament that I am aware - and for good reason. Why would Relic want to allow them now? Kyle was stating that Paula was not invited. Additionally, as far as I am aware there is nothing stopping Paula from going through the qualifiers. I am sure a player of his caliber would not struggle to qualify for the real tournament.

Third - And I will preface this by saying that this is my personal opinion and in no way associated with Relic, since I don't want you to run off on a wild/misinformed assumption as per usual. Price has abused bugs and has been punished for it in the past. Not a super cool thing to do but at least he has the guts to do it on his main account/owns up to it. I'm not defending his behavior or excusing it but in my opinion that is significantly better than abusing exploits on an alternate/smurf account, while denying the fact that you're doing it rampantly AND while trying to get other players punished for doing what you're doing (only you're doing it to a much larger extent). That's the difference between Paula and Price. One does it because for whatever reason he thinks it is hilarious. One does it specifically to spread toxicity, BM players, and tries to hide behind the thin veil of a poorly managed smurf account. I'll let you figure out which is which.

And that doesn't even begin to get into Paula's racism and history of problematic tournament etiquette/behavior. As far as I am aware, Price has not had any negative behavior while being a part of a tournament (only after being knocked out...)

All that being said... why do you feel the need to so vehemently defend Paula here? Let him defend himself if he's so inclined. I doubt he needs/wants you SJWing for him.

Ultimately Relic made the decision that they did with the information they have available to them (more than we have). It's their tournament, it is their choice. I'm pretty sure no matter what list of 16 they chose, some one in the community would have a problem with it. I can easily think of more than 16 players that deserve an invite, but there are only 16 slots.

Guess it's a lose-lose for Relic sadly.
9 Aug 2016, 21:38 PM

This tourney is a joke *grabs Cookz's popcorns

Also I heard Krebs will cast.

9 Aug 2016, 21:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Aug 2016, 20:12 PMNeris
http://imgur.com/a/obyy9

http://imgur.com/a/XIAx6

So player with that attitude (Price) got invited to the tourney and Paul not? Legit.

I think the most concerning thing is the nerd has 220k supply coins lmao
9 Aug 2016, 22:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Aug 2016, 21:26 PMCieZ

Not sure what your problem is and I'll let Momo defend himself from the nonsense you've spewed about him if he is so inclined, but since you called me out by name I guess I'll clarify some of your misconceptions.

First, I have never claimed to be officially associated with Relic in any capacity. Heck, I rarely play the game anymore. I am 99% sure (as some one else already pointed out) that Momo's "he's an ass..." comment was a reference to the Gabe Newell "James in an ass..." thing.

Here's some reading for you:

http://steamed.kotaku.com/james-is-an-ass-gabe-newell-explains-why-valve-fired-d-1761615090

TLDR - Momo copy/pasta'd the exact sentence for the l0lz but apparently you feel the need to be butt-hurt on Paula's behalf about it. More power to you I guess. #SJW2016

Second - if my memory serves regarding Relic's stream (some one please correct me if I am wrong) - Paula specifically inquired about entering his smurf account(s) [probably as a joke]. Smurfs have never been allowed in any vCoH/CoH2 tournament that I am aware - and for good reason. Why would Relic want to allow them now? Kyle was stating that Paula was not invited. Additionally, as far as I am aware there is nothing stopping Paula from going through the qualifiers. I am sure a player of his caliber would not struggle to qualify for the real tournament.

Third - And I will preface this by saying that this is my personal opinion and in no way associated with Relic, since I don't want you to run off on a wild/misinformed assumption as per usual. Price has abused bugs and has been punished for it in the past. Not a super cool thing to do but at least he has the guts to do it on his main account/owns up to it. I'm not defending his behavior or excusing it but in my opinion that is significantly better than abusing exploits on an alternate/smurf account, while denying the fact that you're doing it rampantly AND while trying to get other players punished for doing what you're doing (only you're doing it to a much larger extent). That's the difference between Paula and Price. One does it because for whatever reason he thinks it is hilarious. One does it specifically to spread toxicity, BM players, and tries to hide behind the thin veil of a poorly managed smurf account. I'll let you figure out which is which.

And that doesn't even begin to get into Paula's racism and history of problematic tournament etiquette/behavior. As far as I am aware, Price has not had any negative behavior while being a part of a tournament (only after being knocked out...)

All that being said... why do you feel the need to so vehemently defend Paula here? Let him defend himself if he's so inclined. I doubt he needs/wants you SJWing for him.

Ultimately Relic made the decision that they did with the information they have available to them (more than we have). It's their tournament, it is their choice. I'm pretty sure no matter what list of 16 they chose, some one in the community would have a problem with it. I can easily think of more than 16 players that deserve an invite, but there are only 16 slots.

Guess it's a lose-lose for Relic sadly.

Are we really going to complain about smurfing? People have smurfed in this game since the first day of coh1. It doesn't change anything other than a name; its still the same opponent. This accusation is overly dramatic.

But just to clarify your point. You think that Paul using a smurf account is more detrimental to the the community and a bigger disservice to Relic - even more than any or all of the shit Sprice/Barton have been a part of? I think the majority of this community would have that argument fall on deaf ears. Personally, I found most of what they did pretty funny, to paint them as some stand-up community members? Hah.

Racist card? No. This is the internet, people say mean things and I think everyone has seen both parties attacking each other, not condoning it, but lets not pretend it is a one way street.

I won't entertain the notion of you NOT working closely with (or steam friendly with) people at Relic because you and I both know its true. Nor do I really care, as long as no special treatment is given when hosting a competitive tournament.

Paul isn't the issue, he is just an easy and glaring example of what looks like scummy favoritsm - in a tournament which was never truly collaborated with the community they wish to reach.

To say Relic is in a 'lose-lose' is just another way you and the special treatment babies play the victim. Pretty sure Relic won when they reaped 20% of the community artist's work. Which is totally cool, but to look for sympathy and we should feelsbadman won't happen.

The tournament will do fine and people will watch and enjoy. This isn't the end of the world.

The way a community driven tournament seems to have changed into some super-friend-fest just seems lame as fuck.
9 Aug 2016, 22:12 PM

Is there a reason why a bunch of people who exploited bugs on stream, abandoned the game, then abandoned their sense of decency still have strategist staff tags on this website?

It reflects poorly on not only the website itself, but also devalues the amazing work that the real staff does.

Anyway, all the people who are huge trolls and who abused exploits in automatch should be banned from the tournament, no exceptions.
9 Aug 2016, 22:16 PM

man barton and price have pretty much gone from trolling to plain out harassing... and they're still in the tourney. SeemsGood
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 44
Germany 26
Germany 81
Israel 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L