Login

russian armor

Adding new upgrade to a unit (tuning mod)

15 Jul 2016, 17:22 PM

Hi

i need help i want add a new upgrade to volks, for test i add Panzerfüsilier G43 package but result is:
invisible g43 o_O

15 Jul 2016, 17:38 PM

Watch this video by Eliwood, it should answer all your questions
16 Jul 2016, 18:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2016, 17:38 PMmedhood
Watch this video by Eliwood, it should answer all your questions

still is invisible, i edit volks abp file end add G43 like video + i save abp common file

i feel mp44 is very good and volks dont need to MP40, i am surrender
16 Jul 2016, 21:52 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Your path or something related to the entity_blueprint is probably wrong. Show us your .abp file(s) and mod setup.
17 Jul 2016, 09:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2016, 21:52 PMeliw00d
Your path or something related to the entity_blueprint is probably wrong. Show us your .abp file(s) and mod setup.

Hi, thank you for help

my mod path: "C:\Users\x\Documents\my games\company of heroes 2\mods\tuning\my mods"

volks abp. file:
"C:\Users\x\Documents\my games\company of heroes 2\mods\tuning\my mods\data\art\Armies\west_german\soldiers\volksgrenadiers"

abp. completemotiontree:
"C:\Users\x\Documents\my games\company of heroes 2\mods\tuning\my mods\data\art\Armies\common"

in att editor:

sbps: volksgrenadier_squad_mp is cloned
upgrade: panzerfusilier_g43 is cloned

what is entity_blueprint ???
17 Jul 2016, 11:28 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Remove the following line from the Volks' ABP file:

"..\\..\\..\\german\\weapons\\rifle_g43_sniper_nis\\rifle_g43_sniper_nis"

It's not needed and might cause problems.

You also don't need to edit the CompleteMotionTree for this. Motion Trees only need to be modified if you want all unit models to be able to use a certain weapon. And Volksgrenadiers use the NewMotionTree instead anyway!
17 Jul 2016, 14:54 PM

Remove the following line from the Volks' ABP file:

"..\\..\\..\\german\\weapons\\rifle_g43_sniper_nis\\rifle_g43_sniper_nis"

It's not needed and might cause problems.

You also don't need to edit the CompleteMotionTree for this. Motion Trees only need to be modified if you want all unit models to be able to use a certain weapon. And Volksgrenadiers use the NewMotionTree instead anyway!

nop still is invisible
17 Jul 2016, 16:53 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Did you change anything else about the Volksgrenadier squad or entity, the G43 weapon, slot item or upgrade?

Also, are you sure you created the burn folder correctly, as decribed in the video?
17 Jul 2016, 16:57 PM
Honorary Member Badge

You seem to be doing a lot of weird things. Why are you importing the common sub machine guns file there? That is not something you need outside of the motion tree files. Also, smg_mp44 is deprecated, you should be using the newer model. Finally, there are a lot of weapon models in the west_german folder, you should be using those instead.

Try this:

Code

model =
{
"../../../common/newmotiontree.abp",
"../../../common/engineer.abp",
"../../weapons/west_german_rifle_kar98/west_german_rifle_kar98",
"../../weapons/west_german_rifle_g43_sniper/west_german_rifle_g43_sniper",
"../../weapons/west_german_smg_mp40/west_german_smg_mp40",
"../../weapons/smg_mp44_default/smg_mp44_default",
"../../weapons/west_german_panzerfaust_100/west_german_panzerfaust_100",

-- Main Mesh
"volksgrenadier",
}

Note: I suggest using / instead of \ because you don't have to escape it (\\). Makes it easier to read and less error-prone.

Make sure the animator field of the entity_blueprint_ext in the ebps matches this .abp file AND make sure that the .abp file is in the exact same folder structure as the original.

If all else fails, use the included Archive Viewer in the Mod Builder to make sure your .sga file has the .abp files in it.

Edit: The only time you should edit either of the motion trees is if you want the weapon to be a slot item.
18 Jul 2016, 09:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2016, 16:57 PMeliw00d
You seem to be doing a lot of weird things. Why are you importing the common sub machine guns file there? That is not something you need outside of the motion tree files. Also, smg_mp44 is deprecated, you should be using the newer model. Finally, there are a lot of weapon models in the west_german folder, you should be using those instead.

Try this:

Code

model =
{
"../../../common/newmotiontree.abp",
"../../../common/engineer.abp",
"../../weapons/west_german_rifle_kar98/west_german_rifle_kar98",
"../../weapons/west_german_rifle_g43_sniper/west_german_rifle_g43_sniper",
"../../weapons/west_german_smg_mp40/west_german_smg_mp40",
"../../weapons/smg_mp44_default/smg_mp44_default",
"../../weapons/west_german_panzerfaust_100/west_german_panzerfaust_100",

-- Main Mesh
"volksgrenadier",
}

Note: I suggest using / instead of \ because you don't have to escape it (\\). Makes it easier to read and less error-prone.

Make sure the animator field of the entity_blueprint_ext in the ebps matches this .abp file AND make sure that the .abp file is in the exact same folder structure as the original.

If all else fails, use the included Archive Viewer in the Mod Builder to make sure your .sga file has the .abp files in it.

Edit: The only time you should edit either of the motion trees is if you want the weapon to be a slot item.

i dont add common sub machine guns file, i just add G43 and MP40 !!
18 Jul 2016, 11:40 AM
Modmaker Badge

Hi IA3:

Pay attention on what eliwood is saying here:

"Make sure that the .abp file is in the exact same folder structure as the original.
If all else fails, use the included Archive Viewer in the Mod Builder to make sure your .sga file has the .abp files in it."

You need to maintain the same structure if you want a working model.
For example in my mod the structure is:

WIKINGER Mod\data\art\armies\west_german\soldiers\volksgrenadier

In your mod you should have something similar. Check it again.
Do as Eliwood said about .abp file values. These values working fine to me and should work fine to you too.

18 Jul 2016, 13:55 PM
Honorary Member Badge

i dont add common sub machine guns file, i just add G43 and MP40 !!

Actually, you are right. That seems to be there by default now. I don't recall it being there. Anyways, the .abp file I provided should work for you.
19 Jul 2016, 20:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2016, 13:55 PMeliw00d

Actually, you are right. That seems to be there by default now. I don't recall it being there. Anyways, the .abp file I provided should work for you.

Hi IA3:
Pay attention on what eliwood is saying here:

"Make sure that the .abp file is in the exact same folder structure as the original.
If all else fails, use the included Archive Viewer in the Mod Builder to make sure your .sga file has the .abp files in it."

You need to maintain the same structure if you want a working model.
For example in my mod the structure is:

WIKINGER Mod\data\art\armies\west_german\soldiers\volksgrenadier

In your mod you should have something similar. Check it again.
Do as Eliwood said about .abp file values. These values working fine to me and should work fine to you too.

Did you change anything else about the Volksgrenadier squad or entity, the G43 weapon, slot item or upgrade?

Also, are you sure you created the burn folder correctly, as decribed in the video?

Hi finally i fix invisible g43 and now G43 is visible, thanks guys
but G43 was for practice, main purpose is mp40, i add MP40 to volks (was easy) but upgrade icon is purple with this error: "BAD UI", you can help me ? :help:

19 Jul 2016, 23:22 PM
Modmaker Badge

Take a look on the upgrade. Maybe the problem is there. I do not know if you are using custom icons.
Go to the G43 upgrade extension and check the UI.

ui_info/icon_name/(check this value)

For example in my mod the G43:

ui_info/icon_name/Icons_upgrades_icon_upgrade_german_jaeger_infantry_package

20 Jul 2016, 06:46 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

You can also find the codes for all included icons with Janne's UI Asset Browser:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/30322/tool-coh2-ui-asset-browser
20 Jul 2016, 14:17 PM

You can also find the codes for all included icons with Janne's UI Asset Browser:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/30322/tool-coh2-ui-asset-browser

Take a look on the upgrade. Maybe the problem is there. I do not know if you are using custom icons.
Go to the G43 upgrade extension and check the UI.

ui_info/icon_name/(check this value)

For example in my mod the G43:

ui_info/icon_name/Icons_upgrades_icon_upgrade_german_jaeger_infantry_package

dont exist any icon for MP40 in coh 2, i add mp44 icon for mp40
20 Jul 2016, 22:22 PM
Modmaker Badge

Yes is ok, I also added MP-40 to my mod too. If you want to put icons for this particular upgrade you need to mod those icons correctly.
Is better if you take a look in the Eliwood videos, are really good and will help you a lot.

Here the icon video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NVR1sFOI6o

Dont forget to say thank you to Eliwood.

22 Jul 2016, 18:11 PM

Yes is ok, I also added MP-40 to my mod too. If you want to put icons for this particular upgrade you need to mod those icons correctly.
Is better if you take a look in the Eliwood videos, are really good and will help you a lot.

Here the icon video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NVR1sFOI6o

Dont forget to say thank you to Eliwood.

i downloaded coh 1 mp40 icon but i think i should install Java and flex sdk for adding new icon

i have a question: i add opel blitz to okw and i want opel blitz increase fuel income only, okw dont need extra muni, how to disable increasing muni income for opel blitz ?

sorry if my eng is bad and thank you for help
23 Jul 2016, 18:37 PM

thanks eliwood, your videos are very useful, i add new icons successfully
24 Jul 2016, 10:20 AM
Modmaker Badge

"Have a question: i add opel blitz to okw and i want opel blitz increase fuel income only, okw dont need extra muni, how to disable increasing muni income for opel blitz ?"

The answer:

The supply truck has a "Toggle ability in his ebps file" called Supply_truck_lockdown.
You need to clone this ability, raplace this ability in your ebps truck file and mod it correctly.
Go to the ability and:

Ability:

ability_bag/action_list/start_target_action/target/2.requirement_action/action_table/change_target_action/apply_modifiers_action/ (IN HERE YOU HAVE THE INCOME MODIFIERS)

Also check the other requirement action you need to remove the income you dont want in there.

Good luck ;)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 28
South Africa 1
Russian Federation 52
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L