Login

russian armor

So what can we/Relic do to fix USF Mortar spam?

What is best for ALL Factions that USF mortar being fixed
Option Distribution Votes
7%
13%
8%
63%
9%
Total votes: 96
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
11 Jul 2016, 06:52 AM

It seems that majority of this forum agrees that USF mortar need some fixing on its profile. But How?

I'm just here to gather opinions, if you have better ideas that are not mentioned in options, pls share with us:D
11 Jul 2016, 07:11 AM

Just give it the stats it was supposed to have in the first place!
11 Jul 2016, 08:06 AM

Rework it: lower accuracy, low damage, biggest rate of fire, best mobility and better survival ability.
11 Jul 2016, 09:15 AM

The only issues with the usf morter are its ROF and its ability to wipe 4 man squads. They are also quite dangerous in pairs, but then again so is double Ost morter or double leig. I also think axis is far better able to wipe a morter if it is able to get CQ unit close enough.

I think it is a good thing that it counters mg spam and camping.

Any fix should include improvements to ost and not just a heavy handed nerf to the morter.
11 Jul 2016, 09:31 AM

In my opinion, its ROF should be decreased as well as its "ability" to wipe squads, maybe tuning down its damage or accuracy.

Right now it's too OP, it's one of the few units in the game that scare the hell out of me.
11 Jul 2016, 09:38 AM

I think that the USF mortar is a sticky situation:
- If it's too strong, USF will camp (the factions with the best indirect fire will always camp)
- If the shots are too inaccurate, it will not threaten MGs -> it's useless
- If is is just accurate enough to threaten MGs, the first shots could make it so that USF gets some filthy wipes (without trying)

I believe that the answer is to make the USF mortar more dependent on its barrage ability:
- Give it a shitty auto-attack
- Design a mortar barrage that lasts long enough (10 secs)
- For the first 5 secs the barrage is inaccurate (so that enemy MGs have the time to pack-up) -- this also acts as a warning
- For the remainder, the barrage becomes more accurate than other mortars, thus forcing a "relocate or gtfo" situation for stationary weapon teams

Thus, we have the mortar that:
- Harasses attentive players, forcing them to reposition
- Punishes hardcore MG-camping
- Have a potentially powerful unit that requires micro to make it work.
11 Jul 2016, 10:16 AM

Just nerf it.

The USF mortar is simply ridiculous. even just making the USF mortar into a wehr mortar clone would be a huge nerf.
11 Jul 2016, 10:41 AM

You know what Relic can do? They can replace it with mortar that has been ACTUALLY TESTED IN PREVIEW MOD.
11 Jul 2016, 10:53 AM
Benefactor 115

Do what CE mod does, less range, less damage (can't even kill a full health model with a direct hit) but with high accuracy and high rof, this allows a mortar that has to play aggressive for an aggressive faction, perfect choice.

Why a higher rof, more accuracy and less range?
Simple just like the CE mod it makes it different from the pack howie, while in it's current state why choose the pack howie? It's more expensive and performance wise it doesn't match the mortar. Personally I feel the 60mm mortar was better against MGs and paks due to it's high rof and accuracy, causing a reposition more often, allowing those rifle pushes, yes the pack howie may or may not kill the crew outright, the high rof on the mortar (especially with vet) just forces a player to mirco more, and depending on the skill gap you play, can be very taxing on them.

I say keep it since it changes the "rifle rifle rifle into LT/Captain" meta a little and helps deal with heavy garrison maps easier for USF without a commander pick (rifle company RE flamers) Plus we've seen the multi rifle meta for a while, plus this can be argued but this somewhat causes blobbing in some cases, (have your opening, tech and get a free effective combat unit)

My issue with the USF mortar is.....The mortar halftrack why is it so useless (Well in my playtime with it)
11 Jul 2016, 11:18 AM

Do what CE mod does, less range, less damage (can't even kill a full health model with a direct hit) but with high accuracy and high rof, this allows a mortar that has to play aggressive for an aggressive faction, perfect choice.

Why a higher rof, more accuracy and less range?
Simple just like the CE mod it makes it different from the pack howie, while in it's current state why choose the pack howie? It's more expensive and performance wise it doesn't match the mortar. Personally I feel the 60mm mortar was better against MGs and paks due to it's high rof and accuracy, causing a reposition more often, allowing those rifle pushes, yes the pack howie may or may not kill the crew outright, the high rof on the mortar (especially with vet) just forces a player to mirco more, and depending on the skill gap you play, can be very taxing on them.

I say keep it since it changes the "rifle rifle rifle into LT/Captain" meta a little and helps deal with heavy garrison maps easier for USF without a commander pick (rifle company RE flamers) Plus we've seen the multi rifle meta for a while, plus this can be argued but this somewhat causes blobbing in some cases, (have your opening, tech and get a free effective combat unit)

My issue with the USF mortar is.....The mortar halftrack why is it so useless (Well in my playtime with it)

... +1
11 Jul 2016, 18:46 PM

You know what Relic can do? They can replace it with mortar that has been ACTUALLY TESTED IN PREVIEW MOD.

Well, give them two months to evaluate the situation first. Such things are not decided over night... :snfBarton:
11 Jul 2016, 19:02 PM

No fixes.
Just use 60mm mortar profile instead of 81mm.

Done.
11 Jul 2016, 19:24 PM

Nerf it of not: the mortar must be as good as the rifle squad that could have been bought instead.

Using mortar for the Us faction mean = Less mobile firepower, less flexibility = less offensive power in early phase.

The mortar is useful only in the case Axis go static. Aka start camping, putting Hmg in all buildings or using bunkers to block all access.

In other situation, you're «normally» better with more Inf. squads + nades.

Thanks.
11 Jul 2016, 19:52 PM

No fixes.
Just use 60mm mortar profile instead of 81mm.

Done.

Yep.

The point of the balance/preview mod is to test things and give relevant balance suggestions. The mod becomes entirely pointless when one of the main things to be tested is changed entirely at the last possible second.

Just change it to what is was supposed to be; it'll probably fix the problem entirely.
11 Jul 2016, 20:26 PM

I voted for "Remove it completely and buff other units/abilities of USF to compensate", because unless it's really good, I will likely go back to 3 Riflemen opening everygame and buffs would be nice.
11 Jul 2016, 21:25 PM

11 Jul 2016, 22:17 PM

The only worthwhile nerf is if it is literally made worse then all other mortars. For a simple reason, all other mortars are locked behind teching, USF mortar is not and in its current state it makes m8 scott and pack howitzer completely obsolete.

Or just remove it all together and just make the pack howitzer and m8 scott worthwhile.
11 Jul 2016, 22:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

12 Jul 2016, 00:18 AM

Why did Relic put this mortar in in place of the one that was tested and supposed to go in the game? did they actually say something about it, or was it just waking up on release day and going "wtf? this isn't the mortar I tested"

And why haven't they changed it back yet?...........
12 Jul 2016, 01:04 AM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 8
Germany 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment