Login

russian armor

The incredible jackson

6 Jul 2016, 10:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2016, 10:09 AMRiCE

Yes, thats why OKW kubel, Volks, Obers, JLi, LeIG, Panther, KT, and even the BaseTrucks have been nerfed. Because everything is OK...

I 100% don't agree with that "infantry reformation" of OKW, cos right now there is no logic in infantry system of OKW. For example, I don't need Fallshirms or Obers anymore, because 2 volks+STG performs in AI sooooo good + they have nade and faust and costs lesser. That was not really nerf... just ruining original logicaly clear construct in exchange of ol' good "competitive purpouses"...

I don't know how all other units were nerfed, they perform not really worse, than before, at least when I played as OKW (mostly play as them right now, thanks to LeFH) I didn't see anything really changed. Kubels still good in fast capturing and disrupting backpoints, LeIGs still good countering mortars, HMGs and other static things, Panther still destroy tanks, KT still dominates.

Btw, as I said originaly - Jackson with range + vision combination is fine, same as fine Panther with combination of armor+speed+gunpower. Even more - using Jackson is really way more risky, than Panthers, cos 1 wrong move or wrong pathfinding and you have pretty small chanses of saving Jackson. Panther with it's armor and speed may evade a lot of problems unharmed.
6 Jul 2016, 10:49 AM

Let's consider this, the USF doesn't have any other heavy hitters in the anti-tank department. There is the M1 57mm, but it is slightly better than the Raketenwerfer in terms of range and rate of fire. However, it lacks enough punch for anything higher than a Panzer IV. The M10 also a unit which doesn't fit that category.

People have other mention that the USF doesn't have any recon options other than the Major's ability. The player could go through Recon Company, but everyone here knows that commander is meh at the moment.

The Jackson is the only tank destroyer in the USF arsenal which can threaten tanks like the Panther, the King Tiger, and the Tiger. Yes, it can go lone wolf with its sight, but it is also vulnerable thanks to its paper armor. I almost forgot to mention that it useless against infantry.

Putting certain nerfs might hurt the USFs late-game since Shermans are good at anti-infantry and decent at fighting tanks.

I mean, its not like its OKW counterpart.
6 Jul 2016, 10:55 AM

This is misinformation. Jackson can't provide sight for itself to utilize its range to fullest, which it is obviously intended to do because of how squishy it is.

What I don't understand in Jackson is why the hell HVAP shells do 240 dmg instead of 200. This is quite OP in my opinion.
6 Jul 2016, 12:41 PM

I 100% don't agree with that "infantry reformation" of OKW, cos right now there is no logic in infantry system of OKW. For example, I don't need Fallshirms or Obers anymore, because 2 volks+STG performs in AI sooooo good + they have nade and faust and costs lesser. That was not really nerf... just ruining original logicaly clear construct in exchange of ol' good "competitive purpouses"...

I don't know how all other units were nerfed, they perform not really worse, than before, at least when I played as OKW (mostly play as them right now, thanks to LeFH) I didn't see anything really changed. Kubels still good in fast capturing and disrupting backpoints, LeIGs still good countering mortars, HMGs and other static things, Panther still destroy tanks, KT still dominates.

Btw, as I said originaly - Jackson with range + vision combination is fine, same as fine Panther with combination of armor+speed+gunpower. Even more - using Jackson is really way more risky, than Panthers, cos 1 wrong move or wrong pathfinding and you have pretty small chanses of saving Jackson. Panther with it's armor and speed may evade a lot of problems unharmed.

I dont want to argue about how these units perform now. I only reflected to your statement, which was: "If unit of axis performs good/nice - everything OK."

This is not true. Axis units get nerfed as much as allies do.
6 Jul 2016, 13:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2016, 10:09 AMRiCE

Yes, thats why OKW kubel, Volks, Obers, JLi, LeIG, Panther, KT, and even the BaseTrucks have been nerfed fixed. Because everything is OK...
6 Jul 2016, 13:07 PM

not only is the jackson flimsy, it's also a huge target. It's the easiest TD to kill if it's caught out of position.

That award easily goes for the turret-less tank-destroyers (with the exception of the ISU-152, Elefant, and Jagdtiger of course). Caught an SU-85 out of position? Oh well, it can't even fire back at you, because it has neither mobility nor turret.
6 Jul 2016, 13:34 PM

I have never seen so many wheraboo bullshit in 2 pages before, you guys are besting yourselves.

Jackson is the only thing USF have late game to defend against tanks since everything else either sucks or are too expensive to use.

And jacksons cost way too much compared to what axis get. For Cost-benefit comparisons (P4s are infantry wiping machines, panthers are invincible tanks).
6 Jul 2016, 13:51 PM

I have never seen so many wheraboo bullshit in 2 pages before, you guys are besting yourselves.

Jackson is the only thing USF have late game to defend against tanks since everything else either sucks or are too expensive to use.

And jacksons cost way too much compared to what axis get. For Cost-benefit comparisons (P4s are infantry wiping machines, panthers are invincible tanks).

Just in case if you didn't noticed - 57mm AT gun was brought in line with other AT guns last patch. It is completely viable against any medium armor and quite decent (for its cost) against heavies with activated HVAP shells.

6 Jul 2016, 14:10 PM

Just in case if you didn't noticed - 57mm AT gun was brought in line with other AT guns last patch. It is completely viable against any medium armor and quite decent (for its cost) against heavies with activated HVAP shells.

so? It went from completely useless to borderline mediocre, great...

still useless in 90% of the cases since axis infantry will just shred the crew in seconds, or it will get one shotted by a PIV or tiger/kt.

Like a said previously, It is too expensive for it usefulness.
6 Jul 2016, 14:14 PM

still useless in 90% of the cases since axis infantry will just shred the crew in seconds, or it will get one shotted by a PIV or tiger/kt.

perfect example of bias
6 Jul 2016, 14:20 PM

perfect example of bias

You sure showed me with all your facts and examples!
6 Jul 2016, 14:24 PM

You sure showed me with all your facts and examples!
the buffed usf at gun has more angle ,range with vet ability , more pen then other at gun with hvpr,
More rate of fire, more accuracy and is cheap + best vet
Pupchen is the most useless at gun with no green cover it get instant one shooted from the front
6 Jul 2016, 14:28 PM

the buffed usf at gun has more angle ,range with vet ability , more pen then other at gun with hvpr,
More rate of fire, more accuracy and is cheap + best vet
Pupchen is the most useless at gun with no green cover it get instant one shooted from the front

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

now that is bias!

one shotted by what? cons with their drunk accuracy? Or rifles?

you need to get a really bad RNG roll to get one shotted by anything, get real.
6 Jul 2016, 14:28 PM

So, in given example you fail to micro it and exposed it to infantry (its counter) or let generalist tank to get into range of fire (failed to utilize AT gun's range superiority, failed to support it with AT snare).

I should ask you - who is useless? AT gun or... you?
6 Jul 2016, 14:37 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

now that is bias!

one shotted by what? cons with their drunk accuracy? Or rifles?

you need to get a really bad RNG roll to get one shotted by anything, get real.
.......m4 with normal round ...... They tend to clump up and got no cover so they insta die vs tank
Btw any at gun die to inf you know they are anti tank gun not anti everything gun
6 Jul 2016, 15:12 PM

Just asking... How is 150 penetration in line with 200 penetration?
6 Jul 2016, 15:16 PM

.......m4 with normal round ...... They tend to clump up and got no cover so they insta die vs tank
Btw any at gun die to inf you know they are anti tank gun not anti everything gun

Wow, are you serious? shermans? :clap:

look at how bad raketen is https://youtu.be/zTgJ9sjiG1M?t=20m2s

meanwhile the M1 just got wiped like nothing. This replay is a prime example of how silly USF is right now.

Now for the fabled "one shot" thing
https://youtu.be/9esZwwi3qds?t=24m17s

This game was full of really agressive raketen play, but yeah, keep saying they are useless your theorycrafting is amusing.
6 Jul 2016, 15:24 PM

Just asking... How is 150 penetration in line with 200 penetration?

How about it costs 50MP less and fires faster and have an ability to increase its penetration?

That is quite enough to keep non-vetted Pz.IV at bay without use of ability.
6 Jul 2016, 15:34 PM

How about it costs 50MP less and fires faster and have an ability to increase its penetration?

That is quite enough to keep non-vetted Pz.IV at bay without use of ability.

And bugged target size to receive more damage.

I don't like half ways. It's better to pay 50MP more and get way better AT Gun.

6 Jul 2016, 15:40 PM

Wow, are you serious? shermans? :clap:

look at how bad raketen is https://youtu.be/zTgJ9sjiG1M?t=20m2s

meanwhile the M1 just got wiped like nothing. This replay is a prime example of how silly USF is right now.

Now for the fabled "one shot" thing
https://youtu.be/9esZwwi3qds?t=24m17s

This game was full of really agressive raketen play, but yeah, keep saying they are useless your theorycrafting is amusing.
you mean when it was hit by the Stuka wow totally should not have been wiped there right ?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 55
unknown 6
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak