Login

russian armor

Change mortars with current mines as role model?

4 Jul 2016, 04:04 AM

after we nerf the USF Camera guided motor, we should be fine(er)
4 Jul 2016, 08:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2016, 22:36 PMGrim
Demo charge should just give everyone in the blast radius like....a really bad stitch or something nasty like that.

they should heal
4 Jul 2016, 10:26 AM

On the side note I would like if Mortars also did full damage to player owned units so that they require more micro cause atm you can run into an enemy squad if a mortar shell falls on top it will kill half his squad or more while yours barely takes any damage

I like this idea however it could lead to some annoying moments where your SMG troops are wiped by a mortar auto-firing at the enemy squad.
4 Jul 2016, 12:02 PM

Now that the OP admitted he just made a fool out of himself, we can safely ignore him-_-

Same, Mister :)

It's always the best to just ignore people with cancerous manners like you
4 Jul 2016, 12:07 PM

I like this idea however it could lead to some annoying moments where your SMG troops are wiped by a mortar auto-firing at the enemy squad.

Look at the Performance of vCoH mortars.. they did ~25% of its damage against your own units, while the 100% damage against enemy was unable to kill a whole full health squad with one shot, and everybody was happy B-)

4 Jul 2016, 14:06 PM

Look at the Performance of vCoH mortars.. they did ~25% of its damage against your own units, while the 100% damage against enemy was unable to kill a whole full health squad with one shot, and everybody was happy B-)

vCoH did many, many things wrong. However, I think it handled mortar performance perfectly;
- Low lethality from auto-attack
- Barrage causing suppression and/or massive damage if you didn't abandon the hotspot.

The mortar system in CoH2 makes for some extremely frustrating play, since a mortar spammer has to invest 0 micro in order to reap (potentially) huge rewards. The wipe potential of auto-attack is simply too big.

However, instead of adopting a mine-like approach, why not go for something more straightforward:
- (drastically) reduce the one-hit-kill (OHK) radius of autoattack
- Preserve OHK radius for barrage as it is (and potentially reduce barrage cooldown across the board).

The reason why reducing OHK radius for mines wouldn't work is because of the garrison mechanics (all units instantly exit the building at the same exact spot = wipe). From my part, that's a big kudos to Relic for going out of their way and implementing the current mine system (which sits comfortably in the middle between the old system and the Miragefla mod proposals).
4 Jul 2016, 14:33 PM

Some time ago I came up with this idea on mortars:
- remove autoattack completely
- increase saturation of barrage (fire all shells in barrage in shorter period of time)
- reduce lethal AoE
- increase non-lethal AoE

What would we achieve:
- mortars now actually require input from player
- damage has more "molotov-like" effect instead of "riflenade-from-FoW"
- less instagibs
- still kills models if those were already wounded

More options - implement two types of barrage:
- saturation barrage - all shells fired in shortest time interval (used when you need burst damage)
- covering barrage - longer interval between shells (when you need to deny some area from enemy)

I don't like idea of adding suppression to mortars. It easly can become an uncontollable hell.
4 Jul 2016, 14:37 PM

- increase saturation of barrage (fire all shells in barrage in shorter period of time)
- reduce lethal AoE

What would we achieve:
- less instagibs

- saturation barrage - all shells fired in shortest time interval (used when you need burst damage)
- covering barrage - longer interval between shells (when you need to deny some area from enemy)

I don't like idea of adding suppression to mortars. It easly can become an uncontollable hell.

Yeah I really like your idea, cuz as I said.. for a unit that does the whole job for you without any micro-input, it is just too lethal. Adding surpression would be annyoing af thats true - as we could see at the former Pack Howitzer/LeIg- and would only make sense if the auto-fire would be removed
4 Jul 2016, 14:47 PM

- reduce lethal AoE

What would we achieve:
- less instagibs

Regardless whether your idea makes it to mortars or not, having the option between two different kinds of barrages would fit howitzers like a glove.

(suppression is way stronger in coh2 than it ever was in coh1. Thus, long-range suppression would be a no-go)
4 Jul 2016, 15:33 PM

- reduce lethal AoE

What would we achieve:
- less instagibs

Sounds good+
4 Jul 2016, 18:37 PM

- (drastically) reduce the one-hit-kill (OHK) radius of autoattack
- Preserve OHK radius for barrage as it is (and potentially reduce barrage cooldown across the board).

I like the first one, though if it were to be implemented, then an increase in AoE of mortars should be in line too. Less wipes/burst damage, more consistent damage.
4 Jul 2016, 19:30 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

1-Mortars are fine.
2-USF mortar and mortar pits design is not.
3-I'm all for a reduced effectiveness on auto attack but improved barrage capabilities across the board.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★