Login

russian armor

What does the Future hold for CoH2?

2 Jul 2016, 18:10 PM

I´d love to see an Italian/German style Africa Corps faction. Won´t happen though, Relic shifted like all of their dev staff to DoW3. It is a shame.
2 Jul 2016, 23:16 PM

I´d love to see an Italian/German style Africa Corps faction. Won´t happen though, Relic shifted like all of their dev staff to DoW3. It is a shame.
Based on what the article said they had a little more than half their staff on CoH2 when WFA came out with the rest working on "secret projects" (DOW3). It probably is switched now the more than half are working on DOW3 and the rest working on CoH2. There still is 2 more years left in the 5 year plan so I guess they are working on more content.
7 Jul 2016, 10:47 AM

I hope they're working on CoH3 after DoW3 comes out.

They hopefully learned some important lessons, like don't fucking put emplacements in as a core faction mechanic.
8 Jul 2016, 00:09 AM

They hopefully learned some important lessons, like don't fucking put emplacements in as a core faction mechanic.

Hopefully they start working on it right after DOW3 rolls out, I am hopeful though that they give us some new content for this game to hold us over until CoH3 comes out (new Axis army, more doctrines, etc.).
8 Jul 2016, 07:47 AM

WHEN IS THE FREE TO PLAY UPDATE COMING OUT?

Relic has seemingly preparing for f2p Coh2 for years, and it still isn't here.
10 Jul 2016, 19:26 PM

In the next 2 years the game will face total extinction.

Keep repeating the same thing over and over and eventually you will be right. Maybe we should go search for how long ago the first "dead game" comment was posted.

Shouldn't all the people eager to predict doomsday be more supportive towards a game you all love playing even though it's not perfect?

17 Jul 2016, 20:08 PM

Keep repeating the same thing over and over and eventually you will be right. Maybe we should go search for how long ago the first "dead game" comment was posted.

Shouldn't all the people eager to predict doomsday be more supportive towards a game you all love playing even though it's not perfect?

True. But Relic brought in to much disappointment among fans.
18 Jul 2016, 01:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2016, 20:08 PMJohnnyB

True. But Relic brought in to much disappointment among fans.

i just hope they dont make the same mistake when they make CoH 3. that and putting native language into the game ffs. it was an epic fail when they decided not to do it for CoH 2.
18 Jul 2016, 01:56 AM

The difference was that back then matchmaking populations would die down due to bugs or gamebreaking imbalances, and then eventually it would be fixed and new content made. Now we are to the point where most if not all the new content is already released. The only thing left for them to do is fix bugs. We might get max one more uninspiring faction just so they can check off a box, but now with DoW3 coming you won't be seeing anything super radical coming. Me and a bunch of other people I know that played both games pretty much agree COH2 wasn't extremely great but it does have the advantage of the novelty factor. You could come back to the game every so often and there would be a new faction or at least a new metagame to try unlike COH1 which has been stagnant since 2012. When COH2 reaches stagnation it will die faster than 1.
18 Jul 2016, 06:49 AM

i just hope they dont make the same mistake when they make CoH 3. that and putting native language into the game ffs. it was an epic fail when they decided not to do it for CoH 2.

They won't, because there won't be coh3.
CoH without WW2 setting is not coh anymore and they wanted coh2 to be ultimate ww2 RTS platform.
18 Jul 2016, 07:16 AM

My dream future.

-Japanesse faction
-Marines/US Navy faction
-Italy or Africa corps
-Free to play update
-COH3?
18 Jul 2016, 10:57 AM
Referee Badge
Benefactor 347

The future. DoW3 ^^
18 Jul 2016, 11:13 AM

Considering the inability of people working on CoH to properly balance and provide a bug-free game for pretty much forever (not sure if there was a 6-month period where something was not broken) I don't have high hopes for this game.
18 Jul 2016, 12:58 PM

We will just have to see what their road map for the rest of the year and next year looks like. I'm thinking at least one more faction and maybe a couple of commanders.
18 Jul 2016, 13:32 PM

To be honest if I am imagining the working situation at Relic I always think of something like this:

Some people in an office, about 4-5 guys are still working on CoH2. All other resources are working on DoW.
They know that they promised a 5 year plan but the game was a disappointment from the start and never ever met their expectations. About 5 hours of 40 per week are used on working at CoH2. Everything feels sluggish and is anything but enjoyable.

Everything that has to be done is being done half-hearted. Just like taking out the trash but you know that it has to be done, otherwise things get even worse.

CoH2's motor is dead. The developers don't have fun working on this game anymore. This hasn't started yesterday but a long time ago. I imagine the game like some child that started smoking and drinking with 16 and the parents are done with their son but yet they know that they have to carry for him for 2 more years...
18 Jul 2016, 17:16 PM

... the game was a disappointment from the start and never ever met their expectations.

Not sure how game could have not met their expectations considering the fact they created the game from ground up. The fact is - CoH2 was released in an alpha-like state, then it took them all these years to finally make it into something resembling a decent game, however they continued to fuck up along the way. Even now, after 'testing' balance patch they managed to release it in an abysmal state and then take another month+ to fix all the bugs they introduced while completely fucking up the balance along the way. It almost feels like people working for relic are coding CoH while high on some bad drugs. Obviously, the excitement with CoH deflated with even most hard-core fans, however being unique as it is, CoH still keeps a bunch of masochists (read: us, the players) invested in it enough for relic to milk them for cash every now and then in order to fund whatever the heck they're working on.
Sad fact is - Relic failed us miserably and repeatedly. I've sunk a decent amount of time and money into this game, and one thing I've learned is that I'm never ever buying anything from Relic with full price-tag on it. As an opposite example - as soon as Project Red (makers of The Witcher series) opens pre-orders for their next title, I'll get it.
18 Jul 2016, 17:21 PM

To be honest if I am imagining the working situation at Relic I always think of something like this:

Some people in an office, about 4-5 guys are still working on CoH2. All other resources are working on DoW.
They know that they promised a 5 year plan but the game was a disappointment from the start and never ever met their expectations. About 5 hours of 40 per week are used on working at CoH2. Everything feels sluggish and is anything but enjoyable.

Everything that has to be done is being done half-hearted. Just like taking out the trash but you know that it has to be done, otherwise things get even worse.

CoH2's motor is dead. The developers don't have fun working on this game anymore. This hasn't started yesterday but a long time ago. I imagine the game like some child that started smoking and drinking with 16 and the parents are done with their son but yet they know that they have to carry for him for 2 more years...

You have no idea how many developers would give an arm for population as big and as stable as the one CoH2 has.

It might not be competitive MOBA or FPS level, but for its genre its pretty damn huge.

Just look at the market, every other RTS game that isn't SC2 is dead within 6 months of release.
CoH2 STILL keeps the 8-10 concurrent users after few years. Even SC2 is on a slide down and CoH is stable.
18 Jul 2016, 18:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2016, 17:21 PMKatitof

You have no idea how many developers would give an arm for population as big and as stable as the one CoH2 has.

It might not be competitive MOBA or FPS level, but for its genre its pretty damn huge.

Just look at the market, every other RTS game that isn't SC2 is dead within 6 months of release.
CoH2 STILL keeps the 8-10 concurrent users after few years. Even SC2 is on a slide down and CoH is stable.

The general idea and gameplay is excellent, which bring always new players. The problem is their poor continual service improvement strategy which make them not staying that long.
SC2 is hyped by memories of SC1/BW, appart from that, it suffers a lot of not taking any risk gameplay wise. Only good move I have seen from Blizzard was the dual base management, much more fun to watch than usual 1vs1.
18 Jul 2016, 18:36 PM
Patrion 14

:rofl:
18 Jul 2016, 19:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2016, 17:21 PMKatitof

You've changed my mind. Even with how cynical I am about devs / publishers and the markets in general, I don't think Relic / SEGA are so dumb as to squander the stable fanbase so poorly... any more.

While I strongly doubt that certain types of changes (optimization, true modding support, engine work) will happen, I'm now willing to bet that more big content will be added. I just hope it's a subfaction system for OST (and maybe other factions!).

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2016, 18:31 PMEsxile

SC2 is hyped by memories of SC1/BW, appart from that, it suffers a lot of not taking any risk gameplay wise. Only good move I have seen from Blizzard was the dual base management, much more fun to watch than usual 1vs1.

Oh, aye! And I bet if SC2's gameplay was like Starbow, it'd not be IP hype, it'd be justified and the 2nd effective coming of BW in a competitive sense.
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★