Login

russian armor

What does the Future hold for CoH2?

1 Jul 2016, 21:24 PM

what polish? Everything Relic does is 1% polished

Compare what they do to most mod content
1 Jul 2016, 21:38 PM

A community Italian army project would be cool.
1 Jul 2016, 22:01 PM

A community Italian army project would be cool.

For an entire new army the production wouldn't be there, and Sega wouldn't want it in their game. (Shitty voice acting/sounds, most likely subbar models.)

1 Jul 2016, 22:21 PM

As of this month we are 3 years into Relic's 5 year plan for this game. What do you guys think the future holds for this game? I am still crossing my fingers for a Italian/ German hybrid army to fill out the third Axis army slot and maybe some new commander sprinkled in as well. Also balance seems to be in one of its best states since the game launched and I hope it continues. What do you guys think? What do you think will come to the game in the next few years?

The problem relic has, is that the majority of the community loathes and despises them. Anything they do now is a bit like serving last drinks at the party when every one has basically left and all thats left is the stragglers.

Even if you take an impartial position on balance and faction design, the number of bugs, long standing issues, lag, optimization and poorly implemented features means the game has a huge anchor around it neck and for most it will always be a second rate game.

The ONLY reason this game is not dead and rotting is because people live in hope they will turn shit around. Unfortunately, relic is like an addict in the sense that they are fundamentally flawed and whilst momentary recovery is witnessed they almost always relapse back into retard mode.

Ps. Just look at latest fucking USF debacle as a prime example....
1 Jul 2016, 22:21 PM

For an entire new army the production wouldn't be there, and Sega wouldn't want it in their game. (Shitty voice acting/sounds, most likely subbar models.)

I mean if they are not planning on putting out their own Italian army the community could do one as a workshop project. I feel the best course of action for Relic would be to put out another roadmap to let us know how they plan on going forward.
2 Jul 2016, 00:25 AM

A final Axis faction and a few commanders would be pretty neat to see. As others have said though, CoH2's team has likely been mostly shifted to DoW3, so I'm not sure that's really plausible.
2 Jul 2016, 07:08 AM

As of this month we are 3 years into Relic's 5 year plan for this game.

You didn't count development years, which was two years before. In other word, 5 year plan is over. Move on to next game.
2 Jul 2016, 07:16 AM

You didn't count development years, which was two years before. In other word, 5 year plan is over. Move on to next game.
5 year plan was released just before WFA. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-05-29-relics-five-year-plan-for-company-of-heroes-2
2 Jul 2016, 07:29 AM

5 year plan was released just before WFA. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-05-29-relics-five-year-plan-for-company-of-heroes-2

I'm pretty sure the first time we heard about this "5 year plan" was during the community trip to Relic just before the game was released...
2 Jul 2016, 07:31 AM

Could you quote the line when it was released? The article is of course just before WFA.
2 Jul 2016, 07:53 AM

Remembered I saw it somewhere, here it is: Different article... First paragraph. https://spikeware.wordpress.com/2014/05/29/relics-five-year-plan-for-company-of-heroes-2/
2 Jul 2016, 08:08 AM

We just need a complete mod tool now.

Don't want to pay for new content, they already sucked my wallet until the last penny with all their sh*t.
aaa
2 Jul 2016, 09:22 AM

What does the Future hold for CoH2?

Ask a gypsies they are more bright than noobs community
2 Jul 2016, 10:15 AM

Why do so many people want Afrika Korps? Please tell me what was happening in Africa in 1944/1945?
2 Jul 2016, 10:51 AM

Afrika Korps deserve a campaign, no more.

That would be a great thing by the way. With new vehicles and units for mods in custom.
2 Jul 2016, 10:59 AM

Why do so many people want Afrika Korps? Please tell me what was happening in Africa in 1944/1945?

Long story short:

Tigers, P3s and stubby P4s were beating on Stuarts and M3 Lees only to get rekt by arty and air superiority.
2 Jul 2016, 12:57 PM

Remembered I saw it somewhere, here it is: Different article... First paragraph. https://spikeware.wordpress.com/2014/05/29/relics-five-year-plan-for-company-of-heroes-2/

It says that Relic has five year plan in first paragraph. In third paragraph, Relic say that their first expansion was worked since June 2013.

I must say Relic avoid the main topic of five year plan "since when" very well. I once thought as you do, but I kept checking and no article did mention that five year plan start since 2013.

In short, you has been scammed by Relic, I'm afraid.
2 Jul 2016, 13:33 PM

:snfQuinn::snfQuinn::snfQuinn::snfQuinn::snfQuinn::snfQuinn::snfQuinn::snfQuinn::snfQuinn::snfQuinn:
2 Jul 2016, 15:28 PM

What the future holds is probably a lot more map hacking. Seems like every 3rd game now getting hit w superb sniper and arty play by someone in 1v1 play above rank 300. If there is no one addressing this more and more of it will take place. History repeats itself - see COH.

Yes Steam does provide some blocking of this, but there are ways around it.
2 Jul 2016, 17:27 PM

It says that Relic has five year plan in first paragraph. In third paragraph, Relic say that their first expansion was worked since June 2013.

I must say Relic avoid the main topic of five year plan "since when" very well. I once thought as you do, but I kept checking and no article did mention that five year plan start since 2013.

In short, you has been scammed by Relic, I'm afraid.
I find no information about 2 years before the game released as part of their 5 year plan. And CoH2 was in development for way more than 2 years before 2013. All the articles point to a 5 years plan of extra content since the games launch back in 2013. Why would anyone assume a 5 year plan for extra content and support includes 2 years of development before the game launches? It makes no sense. 5 year plan 2013-2018
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS