Login

russian armor

June 29th Hotfix

30 Jun 2016, 08:38 AM

lol

i barely remember, but weren't you the one being carried all the time?

Absolute pathetic fail............
30 Jun 2016, 12:15 PM

lol

i barely remember, but weren't you the one being carried all the time?

lol

I'm the one fucking up all your mortars with my vet 3 mortars and deleting all your blob with my Brummbar
30 Jun 2016, 12:34 PM

wtf What's your problem with the US mortar??? it's so easy to counter

sen your rage to the mortar pit instead. that's the real BS crap that oenn'Ät belong in this game

I'll have to side with Donnie on this one.

Sure, USF T0 mortar is a huge gamechanger, but I am sure we can iron this out by nerfing stats appropriately (that of the mortar, and potentially that of the Riflemen too).

However, I don't think we can ever truly salvage the atrocity that is known as the Mortar Pit.
- If we nerf stats -> Mortar Pit is a never-build unit (due to its static nature)
- If we nerf/remove brace -> Mortar Pit deleted (same reason)
- If we delete Mortar Pit -> no reliable garrison-clearing/indirect fire for Brits

At some point the USF Mortar will be fixed, and then we are going to come back to Emplacement-spam cheese. Then, we are all going to wish we were fighting the USF mortar, instead. Unlike the mortar pit, you have a reasonable chance of wiping and stealing USF mortars with your infantry.

Brace needs to gtfo, and the only way to achieve this is by replacing the Mortar Pit with something else.
30 Jun 2016, 13:10 PM

Sure, USF T0 mortar is a huge gamechanger, but I am sure we can iron this out by nerfing stats appropriately (that of the mortar, and potentially that of the Riflemen too).

However, I don't think we can ever truly salvage the atrocity that is known as the Mortar Pit.
- If we nerf stats -> Mortar Pit is a never-build unit (due to its static nature)
- If we delete Mortar Pit -> no reliable garrison-clearing/indirect fire for Brits

At some point the USF Mortar will be fixed, and then we are going to come back to Emplacement-spam cheese. Then, we are all going to wish we were fighting the USF mortar, instead. Unlike the mortar pit, you have a reasonable chance of wiping and stealing USF mortars with your infantry.

Brace needs to gtfo, and the only way to achieve this is by replacing the Mortar Pit with something else.
for usf mortar just make it 60 range and for pit change brace so only arty type damage get reduced if i go with at gun tank or sherck it should die no question
30 Jun 2016, 13:17 PM

for usf mortar just make it 60 range and for pit change brace so only arty type damage get reduced if i go with at gun tank or sherck it should die no question

That still sidesteps the issue that the counter system to the mortar pit is terrible.

Indirect fire units should absolutely die (or bleed that guy manpower) -- no refunds pls -- if you manage to get a flank, even with basic infantry.

Schrecks require you to make a forward investment, which can get focus-fired on. Why should the mortar pit have the right to survive if I manage to get 2 grenadier squads shooting at it for 10 secs*. No early-game indirect fire would survive that long.

* Yes, the obvious reason is that the mortar pit is stationary, and it would be too trivial to counter otherwise. However, that's precisely the reason why the mortar pit needs to be replaced.

If Mortar Pit & Brace is there to stay, at least make brace cost manpower and/or reduce manpower income while it is active (or fuel; to force the person to make a conscious decision between static play and mobile play).
30 Jun 2016, 13:43 PM

i still don't know what in the flying fuck is the reason usf got a mortar just like they got terminator rifle vet.
Hux
30 Jun 2016, 14:08 PM
Patrion 14

lol

I'm the one fucking up all your mortars with my vet 3 mortars and deleting all your blob with my Brummbar

Got a replay? I would love to see this
30 Jun 2016, 14:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2016, 14:08 PMHux

Won't work anymore anyway since the game is patched.

But in short: Map is Trois Ponts, he and another abuser built 4 USF mortars with a bunch of MGs and Rifle blobs and just keep running into my MG42

Then sturmtiger wiped his mortars and he just kept spamming IR pathfinds, airborne and 1919 blobs, which just get wiped out by the newly-buffed Brummbar.
30 Jun 2016, 14:17 PM

Let's all just be quite honest here though. It took the skeleton at Relic almost a week to fix 4 lines of code (and they failed). I think it's safe to say NONE of what you suggest will ever be undertaken. Not until there is an about turn from the management.
30 Jun 2016, 14:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2016, 14:17 PMRappy

Let's all just be quite honest here though. It took the skeleton at Relic almost a week to fix 4 lines of code (and they failed). I think it's safe to say NONE of what you suggest will ever be undertaken. Not until there is an about turn from the management.

That's why it's important that the trend of community-driven balance mods continues.

However, in order for this to work, the community (i.e., each individual member) need to leave their biases aside and promote changes that improve strategic diversity/quality of life/enjoyment for all factions.

e.g., check some of the changes proposed by Firesparks.
30 Jun 2016, 15:25 PM

That's why it's important that the trend of community-driven balance mods continues.

However, in order for this to work, the community (i.e., each individual member) need to leave their biases aside and promote changes that improve strategic diversity/quality of life/enjoyment for all factions.

e.g., check some of the changes proposed by Firesparks.

I agree, but unless relic allow mods in automatch which I doubt (and I can't see how that would even work), then I think all these hopes for good features are just futile pipe dreams. They have been reluctant to do anything to this game ever since ESL ended and Brad and Cuddle were dismissed. Now they leave us with a buggy broken unbalanced shell of a game.
30 Jun 2016, 15:40 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2016, 08:06 AMBlalord

Heavy cavalry ability is still bugged ... but now its only for the ability duration, in 45 sec a lot of things can happen with 1 sec sherman reload.

- Before, no matter how many units you had, the buff was constant. Now every unit gives the buff and they all stack..

Is it possible to disable this commander while you fix the bug totally ?

Please ...

Can someone confirm this, before I start to waste my time on this game again?
30 Jun 2016, 15:55 PM

USF Mortar: 60 Range, Less Accuracy.

For Brace:
Make it so it's a -50% received damage boost and costs 30 munitions per use. It'll make it the 'Panzer Tactician of Emplacements' instead of the 'sv_cheats 1 + god' button.

Mortars/Artillery Guns in General: Make barrage a necessity for it to be used to full effectiveness via nerfs to the auto-fires.
30 Jun 2016, 16:15 PM

I agree, the USF mortar is a bit OP and only really due to it being laser guided.

I still think making the Brit emplacements de-crewable would fix them. Either that or make all other emplacements like the Brit ones so they can't get decrewed.
30 Jun 2016, 16:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2016, 15:25 PMRappy

I agree, but unless relic allow mods in automatch which I doubt (and I can't see how that would even work), then I think all these hopes for good features are just futile pipe dreams. They have been reluctant to do anything to this game ever since ESL ended and Brad and Cuddle were dismissed. Now they leave us with a buggy broken unbalanced shell of a game.

Mira's mod didnt work in automatch either and thats what the last patch was based on.
30 Jun 2016, 16:53 PM

hurray, enjoy your balanced mortar, USF fanboys! hehehe.
Meanwhile the most patetic mortar in the game, you guessed, ostheer's one, is being more and more obsolete.
The weakest game start possible in COH2 = ostheer's
1. One of the weakest base infantry - grenadiers;
2. The most deffensive mg in the game, "good" at everything, not excelling at nothing;
3. The weakest mortar in the game;

The most embarrassing faction ever. All the lolz. Why fix that? It's amusing, at least for a part of player base, the one who plays exclusevely allied.
30 Jun 2016, 17:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2016, 16:53 PMJohnnyB
Meanwhile the most patetic mortar in the game, you guessed, ostheer's one, is being more and more obsolete.

Stats would have to disagree on this one. The worst mortar in the game, bar none, is the Soviet stock mortar (however it makes up for raw firepower with utility).

Both the Soviet and the Ostheer mortar have the same scatter area size (albeit with different geometry; one is shorter but wider than the other). However, Ostheer mortar has massively better fire-rate (especially during barrage mode).

(USF Mortar stats are a disgrace, nevertheless)
30 Jun 2016, 18:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2016, 14:08 PMHux

i am pretty sure he can easily repeat that in a 1v1 with me or a rematch
30 Jun 2016, 20:17 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2016, 16:53 PMJohnnyB
1. One of the weakest base infantry - grenadiers;
2. The most deffensive mg in the game, "good" at everything, not excelling at nothing;
3. The weakest mortar in the game;

The most embarrassing faction ever. All the lolz. Why fix that? It's amusing, at least for a part of player base, the one who plays exclusevely allied.

Man, what is wrong with you? Ostheer has issues, but you chose for the most part nonissues to prove your point. I have yet to see anyone really defend the USF mortar. Just about the entire community knows its bullshit, so what is the point on using it to strawman?

1.) Agree, but there is a reason pgrens are available in t2 and all the support weapons are available in t1.

2.) What? The MG42 is the best mg in the game, bar none. It has great suppression, great damage, and great utility.

3.) The ostheer mortar is still the best mobile mortar if you ignore the obviously OPAF stats of the US mortar.

The issue Ostheer has is a very defensive playstyle, but even that can be worked around with aggressive halftrack and 222 useage. This can be helped with some armor buffs to the ht and mg fixes to the 222.
30 Jun 2016, 20:37 PM

honestly they justed used the wrong mortar. There using the 81mm instead of the 60mm.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★