Login

russian armor

June 29th Hotfix

30 Jun 2016, 20:53 PM

honestly they justed used the wrong mortar. There using the 81mm instead of the 60mm.

++++++999999
30 Jun 2016, 21:34 PM

However, I don't think we can ever truly salvage the atrocity that is known as the Mortar Pit.
- If we nerf stats -> Mortar Pit is a never-build unit (due to its static nature)
- If we nerf/remove brace -> Mortar Pit deleted (same reason)
- If we delete Mortar Pit -> no reliable garrison-clearing/indirect fire for Brits

Brace needs to gtfo, and the only way to achieve this is by replacing the Mortar Pit with something else.

This is so absolutely true. It also applies to all emplacements to a certain extent and it's the reason I feel Brits will never truly fit CoH2, the way they didn't CoH1.
1 Jul 2016, 13:25 PM

So, what will happen with players that played like 50 games USF games in last few days just to exploit the bug/ boost their ELO rank?

"Those reported abusing this exploit will be subject to punitive action against there account." cf. https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/comment/250089#Comment_250089
1 Jul 2016, 15:23 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2016, 21:08 PMKyle_RE
Reported bugs with the USF 81mm Mortar are currently being investigated and will be fixed as soon as possible.

About that Combined Arms exploit Kyle...see this guy who voluntarily used the glitch to spoil a game played by my favorite French casters (EZGK).

Video proof:

USF players announces "ok" (29:08), "time for party" (29:21) then takes advantage of bug on a Sherman and a Stuart. See one of his kill at (35:46).

Hope you take the actions needed to keep this kind of players out of the CoH2 community.
1 Jul 2016, 19:11 PM

Stats would have to disagree on this one. The worst mortar in the game, bar none, is the Soviet stock mortar (however it makes up for raw firepower with utility).

Both the Soviet and the Ostheer mortar have the same scatter area size (albeit with different geometry; one is shorter but wider than the other). However, Ostheer mortar has massively better fire-rate (especially during barrage mode).

(USF Mortar stats are a disgrace, nevertheless)

Try put them fighting one against the other. Good luck winning with the ostheer mortar. Believeing just in figures doomed this game.
1 Jul 2016, 19:28 PM

Man, what is wrong with you? Ostheer has issues, but you chose for the most part nonissues to prove your point. I have yet to see anyone really defend the USF mortar. Just about the entire community knows its bullshit, so what is the point on using it to strawman?

1.) Agree, but there is a reason pgrens are available in t2 and all the support weapons are available in t1.

2.) What? The MG42 is the best mg in the game, bar none. It has great suppression, great damage, and great utility.

3.) The ostheer mortar is still the best mobile mortar if you ignore the obviously OPAF stats of the US mortar.

The issue Ostheer has is a very defensive playstyle, but even that can be worked around with aggressive halftrack and 222 useage. This can be helped with some armor buffs to the ht and mg fixes to the 222.

The only 100% broken faction is wehrmacht for now.
1) talking about 4 models infantry will not convince me. Penals are the best stock infantry now. And they are six. In a six models squad faction. For every unit that has models. Pzgrens you say. I say to fragile.
Like everything OH has. Wehr has them all: micro extra-tax, fragility, expensiveness, non-lethality.
2) The best MG in the game. Hm, let's see.... oh, it supresses instantly. Ummm...no, that's the USF hmg. Oh, it has the best damage. Umm... wrong, that's the british HMG. Umm.... has the longest range. Oups, wrong again, that's brit's again. But wait, at least it can be used aggressively with ease. Damn' wrong again, that's the maxim.
3) Try put the ostheer mortar fight with any other mortar's faction one on one and tell me again it's the second best mortar in the game. Please, do it.

By the time you will be agressive and feeling rambo with your 222 and your halftrack, a T70 will come to piss in your coffee. If some guards or even mortars didn't already turn to dust your beloved light vehicles that, anyway, delays your tanks, which, by the way, are the single thing that keeps ostheer from falling apart and make it look like it really fought for a while.

I don't care what you people are telling, as long as I played far less games with soviets on 2v2 but still having a better rank than with ostheer (which I played many more games with), the balance for ostheer is obviously broken by a mile. Damn' it's even in the playing feel. I work like hell with Ostheer to get beaten after one hour while winning with soviets in less than 30 minutes. Pfff....
1 Jul 2016, 19:31 PM

Try put them fighting one against the other. Good luck winning with the ostheer mortar. Believeing just in figures doomed this game.

Johnny B how much there is to see just open your eyes and stop this pudding.

1v1 Tho is pure RNG (decrewed one you see at te bottom was vs 120mm)

6v6 PM41s totally rekt by GrWs (in fact 7PMs cause I missclicked and did not notice one at the bottom - you can't see it - and while I was thinikg there was 5 I put one more between so they were bit clumped - but in fact I put 7th, not 6th)

Waiting for comments "but you positioned them badly". Sure, whatever.. PMs were losing no matter what I did.

Even agasint 6 120mm, tho they've lost, only two 120mm left and barely live and GrW were quite clumpled.
1 Jul 2016, 19:43 PM

Johnny B how much there is to see just open your eyes and stop this pudding.

1v1 Tho is pure RNG (decrewed one you see at te bottom was vs 120mm)

6v6 PM41s totally rekt by GrWs (in fact 7PMs cause I missclicked and did not notice one at the bottom - you can't see it - and while I was thinikg there was 5 I put one more between so they were bit clumped - but in fact I put 7th, not 6th)

Waiting for comments "but you positioned them badly". Sure, whatever.. PMs were losing no matter what I did.

Even agasint 6 120mm, tho they've lost, only two 120mm left and barely live and GrW were quite clumpled.
where they both in line of sightr ? you know fow matter right ? try the other way around
1 Jul 2016, 19:45 PM

where they both in line of sightr ? you know fow matter right ? try the other way around

As you can see, they were... FoW was turned off...
1 Jul 2016, 19:51 PM

As you can see, they were... FoW was turned off...
man idk i coudnt see dat
btw what it lose in rate of fire it gain in squad member
1 Jul 2016, 20:22 PM

snip

Hey, update your game already. Or, as usual, you are trying to bullshit us. Don't have time for this garbage, and anyway it seems like other forumites question your "proofs" already.
1 Jul 2016, 20:23 PM

Hey, update your game already. Or, as usual, you are trying to bullshit us. Don't have time for this garbage, and anyway it seems like other forumites question your "proofs" already.

If I don't have updated game how I'm playing now? :sibHyena:

Run Johnny run to the word without any arguments :hansWUT:
1 Jul 2016, 21:23 PM

Personally, I find it futile to build mortars just so that I can counter enemy mortars.

I build them to bleed LMG infantry, to destroy MGs, to harass garrisons. As I mentioned in my previous post, Ostheer excells in raw firepower.

Having said that, I have never, ever lost an 1v1 mortar fight as Ostheer vs Soviets; and I didn't have to do much to do this:
- Use your pioneers to get vision of the enemy mortar. FoW-fight -> high RNG -> chance you might lose.
- Use the fact that the Ostheer mortar (still) has insane firerate when barraging: barrage -> relocate -> barrage

Statistically, the odds are on your favour. If you also have vision on the target, it's a near-guarante you wil win.

1 Jul 2016, 22:38 PM

ost win if they are clumped up and finish in par when they are not clumped up
Still think it like gren vs cons , they have less power and have more men so no rng wipe
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★