Login

russian armor

OKW Infantry

PAGES (8)down
30 Jun 2016, 06:07 AM

OKW would be in a bit better spot if the timing of Obers was tweaked a bit like what Miragefla does in his mod - right now they almost always face an uphill battle against vetted infantry. It was okay back at launch when they came stock with MG34 w/ insane damage but after all the nerfs... meh. Ideally you'd hope that they would have timing closer to that of PZ Grens now.

If you put the obers a tier lower like in the med truck (which isnt a bad idea btw) it will make vg's borderline obsolete.

But to be honest vg's are nearly obsolete anyway . these days is spam sp's + mg34's
30 Jun 2016, 06:42 AM

OKW infantry was fine when they could shreckblob vs allied infantry. Now that they have stg44s, they should do even better vs double upgraded riflemen!
30 Jun 2016, 06:48 AM

STGs =/= mp44s for godsake. One is an assault rifle, the other is a shitty smg. Get em right ffs.

StG44 is actually another name for MP44.
You're thinking of MP40, which is SMG.
30 Jun 2016, 07:22 AM

Now you know the SU struggle with conscripts.

I can't wait for you to tell me otherwise.

You are correct cons have always suffered from this problem, but as with the latest state of the game the SU is in the best shape it has ever been in, to deal with it. Commanders to increase their flexibility, late game utility over Volks (reinforce other squads), hell even the option not to use them at all.

The problem with OKW isn't just because Volks are under performing late game, its due to the lack of options in the current meta. OKW has always been limited in choice of meta you can go with, it used to be hold out for Obers and panther tanks, and with the current state, a light vehicle rush into tanks.

Infantry is the weak link in giving OKW more choice with the current meta. OKW's infantry is over extended, including Sturms, a more defined role for these units is needed to correct it. If Volks are a stepping stone to Obers, position Obers so Volks can be that stone. Making Sturms so useful almost makes Volks a liability. If it wasn't for that snare, why get them. Having Obers arrive so late makes them of limited usefulness almost to the point of redundancy.

Give OKW options, don't force me to use call in infantry and vehicle rush. If changing Volks gives me more options, do that, if bringing Obers into the meta does it, do that. Anything that gives OKW more choice in meta will go along way to making this faction interesting.
30 Jun 2016, 09:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2016, 05:57 AMZyllen

What a shitty analogy when the SU always relied on maxims + callin infantry.

You're right. If only OKW had access to HMG and infantry call ins so you can replace these Volks late game...
Oh wait.

At least get your facts straight. In its concept OKW design if fairly similar to SU.

This topic should have been named: I struggle to find my ways without my trusted Volks blob, rant.
30 Jun 2016, 09:54 AM

You're right. If only OKW had access to HMG and infantry call ins so you can replace these Volks late game...
Oh wait.

At least get your facts straight. In its concept OKW design if fairly similar to SU.

This topic should have been named: I struggle to find my ways without my trusted Volks blob, rant.

Yes SU the same as OKW, except for the part where SU has alot more varied options.

The blob needed to go I agree with that. The result though instead of having the ugly blob meta, and the light vehicle rush you are now left with the one choice.

You can honestly not be a fan of luchs or puma rush everytime?

30 Jun 2016, 10:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2016, 09:54 AMMoLarr

Yes SU the same as OKW, except for the part where SU has alot more varied options.

The blob needed to go I agree with that. The result though instead of having the ugly blob meta, and the light vehicle rush you are now left with the one choice.

You can honestly not be a fan of luchs or puma rush everytime?

Except for the part where 50% of units in Soviet T1+T2 are just included in OKW T0 and OKW have more so called "Elite infantry" types that Soviets. Talk about variety.

It's not like all infantry play is instantly removed once light vehicle hits the field.
And by the way, how luchs/puma rush is different from rushing Stuart/AEC/T-70/222/M20 everytime?

I think you're trying to oversimplify current OKW meta.
IMO new OKW meta is combined arms, just like Soviets (as you already said in the beginning).

[...]

I'd say " I struggle to find my ways without my trusted Volks blob and stalling into KT without light vehicle play"
30 Jun 2016, 10:51 AM

Oh wait.

Seriously you are comparing the mg34 with the maxim? im not even going to discuss this so fucking stupid is that argument.

And comparing the SU commanders with the okw commanders is just blatant intellectual dishonesty.

Im not interested talking about these things anyway and its offtopic. i so far have see no decent arguments why the stg44 is needs to be ridiculous cost ineffective on a already cost ineffective unit.
30 Jun 2016, 11:37 AM

Except for the part where 50% of units in Soviet T1+T2 are just included in OKW T0 and OKW have more so called "Elite infantry" types that Soviets. Talk about variety.

It's not like all infantry play is instantly removed once light vehicle hits the field.
And by the way, how luchs/puma rush is different from rushing Stuart/AEC/T-70/222/M20 everytime?

I think you're trying to oversimplify current OKW meta.
IMO new OKW meta is combined arms, just like Soviets (as you already said in the beginning).

I'd say " I struggle to find my ways without my trusted Volks blob and stalling into KT without light vehicle play"

This not a complaint of light vehicle play, for OkW however you must RUSH luchs/puma or not get the desired effect, namely forcing your opponent on the back foot long enough for heavier vehicle play.

I just want options that doesn't require to rush the luchs/puma. Why cant I build T1 and contest well enough to transition into a true mid game puma, or if I'm doing really well into a JP4/p4.

What reason is there to stop OKW from having a useful T1? If you can think of another way to mix up the meta to not be reliant on a vehicle rush I am all ears.
30 Jun 2016, 13:55 PM

i have no suggestion about volks
but
obers- increase lmg dmg from 6 to 8
falls-fix squad spacing,they are too much glass not enough cannon either increase their cannon or reduce their glass.
fussies-increase their g43 dmg by 10 %
30 Jun 2016, 14:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2016, 10:51 AMZyllen

Seriously you are comparing the mg34 with the maxim? im not even going to discuss this so fucking stupid is that argument.

And comparing the SU commanders with the okw commanders is just blatant intellectual dishonesty.

Im not interested talking about these things anyway and its offtopic. i so far have see no decent arguments why the stg44 is needs to be ridiculous cost ineffective on a already cost ineffective unit.

MG34 is a defensive HMG that will help you control the battlefield. It's decent against blobs. If you haven't rely on your Volks so much in the past you'd learn how to play proper combined arms with OKW, no you have to catch up the hard way. You see OKW commanders provide tons of elite infantry that could help you against your opponent.

Is maxim really a problem for OKW now, when incendiary grenades are present?
30 Jun 2016, 14:25 PM

MG34 is a defensive HMG that will help you control the battlefield. It's decent against blobs. If you haven't rely on your Volks so much in the past you'd learn how to play proper combined arms with OKW, no you have to catch up the hard way. You see OKW commanders provide tons of elite infantry that could help you against your opponent.

Is maxim really a problem for OKW now, when incendiary grenades are present?

Didn't i already told we are offtopic and i no longer wish to discuss this any more?
30 Jun 2016, 14:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2016, 14:25 PMZyllen

Didn't i already told we are offtopic and i no longer wish to discuss this any more?

30 Jun 2016, 16:24 PM

STGs =/= mp44s for godsake. One is an assault rifle, the other is a shitty smg. Get em right ffs.

You are incorrect, MP43, MP44 or STG44 are all correct ways of addressing the same gun. During the war the designation of the weapon changed until it finally was designated as Stg44.
30 Jun 2016, 16:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2016, 16:18 PMGenObi
This game is all about trades, one the biggest problems the okw presented to this game and why it earned its spot for most hated faction in game was you didnt have to make those trades.

The only thing the nerfs in recent patches did to the okw, to qoute Ledgers joker "Bring him down (dent) to our level".

Like Katiof said, OKW isnt a "special snowflake" anymore and those who play okw will how to do what the rest of us been doing in the game.

Personally this new volks is a better improvement over all volks because of the increase AI that OKW needs and a snare to prevent mass genocide by a lone brave sherman on rampage American style.

Obers are exactly where they nees to be because hwo potent they are, god help those who face vetted obers

SO ok, why don't we put ambulance behind lieutenant tier? There is literally no good reason why it should be locked behind tech, no other faction has it. What makes it worse is that t1 is useless, and you are completely open to light vehicles, which you cannot counter without a puma, unless you (lol) invest into 2 spios.

I understand why people got annoyed about volksgrenadier schreks, but this healing tech locking is just stupid. Spio healing is also locked behind vet 1, and good luck getting spios to vet 1 without healing. If the damage is spread equally between the models they are useless. They also don't heal properly.

OKW is massively disadvantaged in this way, they always were, but its made much worse by the fact that the upgrades are now purchasable. That is all fine, but don't lock them behind specific techs. Perhaps it should be changed that whenever you tech one of the two becomes available.
30 Jun 2016, 20:09 PM

OKW got fixed as Obersoldaten :-) Let allies have their fun... OKW is on the bottom of the foodchain now, while SU just rocket jumped to the top. Enjoy...
30 Jun 2016, 20:46 PM

Tried Obers today, they are perfect vs cons and other mushy infantry.

Expensive yes. But i feel the price is justified.

To the above poster, it's too soon to tell, people are still adapting and thinking of ways to work with new OKW. Please for the sake of COH2 don't jump into conclusions until we have have a month of patch.

I like the changes to OKW. It's actually fun to play for once. Not just one-tool-for-all-occasions thing of old.
30 Jun 2016, 21:14 PM

Volks are extremely powerful right now. Losing them late game is punishment. Squad survival is rewarded. How is a Soviet player supposed to get cons to vet 3 when they get wiped after the 10 minute mark? Meanwhile they feed out vet. I have not found volks vetting too slowly at all. If you miss healing you are free to drop med kits, remember many OKW units (including volks) get healing with vet so you only need to do this for a short period of the game.

Obers are expensive, you need at most 1 squad. In some games you may not even need them. They exist for a specific reason, dealing with elite infantry behind a cheaper infantry unit. Their vet prevents their price from decreasing. Some of their vet levels are insanely good and they have a huge range of abilities. They truly reward excellent play.

Sturms probably have too much on their plate, but the fear of light vehicles eating up OKW without the shrek is at least reasonable to me. Until such time as another solution is found they will need to hold the shrek. Having said that, they can easily reach vet 5 now, and at this point they can function as almost instant repair stations for any tank.

MG34 is fine, plays well, and fills its role. It is a cheap, static, MG capable of controlling blobs and letting volks chew threw them with upgrades.
30 Jun 2016, 21:17 PM

Volks are extremely powerful right now. Losing them late game is punishment. Squad survival is rewarded. How is a Soviet player supposed to get cons to vet 3 when they get wiped after the 10 minute mark? Meanwhile they feed out vet. I have not found volks vetting too slowly at all. If you miss healing you are free to drop med kits, remember many OKW units (including volks) get healing with vet so you only need to do this for a short period of the game.

Obers are expensive, you need at most 1 squad. In some games you may not even need them. They exist for a specific reason, dealing with elite infantry behind a cheaper infantry unit. Their vet prevents their price from decreasing. Some of their vet levels are insanely good and they have a huge range of abilities. They truly reward excellent play.

Sturms probably have too much on their plate, but the fear of light vehicles eating up OKW without the shrek is at least reasonable to me. Until such time as another solution is found they will need to hold the shrek. Having said that, they can easily reach vet 5 now, and at this point they can function as almost instant repair stations for any tank.

MG34 is fine, plays well, and fills its role. It is a cheap, static, MG capable of controlling blobs and letting volks chew threw them with upgrades.

Maybe Zyllen will listen now to an actual seasoned strategist.

+1
30 Jun 2016, 23:27 PM

It has been proven that it is a straight up upgrade to kar98s, it improves their DPS in all ranges bar the most extreme long range.

Despite that most all weapon upgrades give more ΔDPS than both of the STG44s, some people have noticed that despite the increased DPS, due to the nature of the high ROF and low damage, it spreads its damage over all enemy models, compared to the Kar98s who, due to their higher bullet damage, kill models more often.

Considering that the STG comes out around the same time as UKFs and USFs weapon upgrades, and is in all regards worse than them, make the STG a little lackluster.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS