Login

russian armor

Analysis of NEW t34-76

27 Jun 2016, 00:32 AM

Hi,

I was wondering and interested in hearing other people opinions, experience and particularly analysis if anyone has one of the new post-patch T-34-76.

My POV from someone who before the june 21st patch never used them because T70 did a better job and was cheaper, is that the new 76 seems to shine around the 11 - 15 minute mark working in group 2-3. It doesnt seem to scale well.

Personally if we are not ahead in a match and I skip T2 and go strait for T3 I still wouldnt build them as they would miss the time period when they shine. I am happy for others to disagree or offer their experiences, opinions or analysis. Again I have under 800 hours experience in the game and I know many people on this website have more than that or less but better understanding.

I was also wondering what others think in the toss up between the new T34-76 and the T34-85. From my experience using both of them post patch, they are equally effective against infantry, 85 has better penetration on tanks and can survive 1 more hit than the 76 due to its extra health. Thats all I can see and I find it hard to justify in my mind using a commander to get the 85, extra 50 fuel and 80 MP.

Also 2 off-topic questions I was wondeirng if anyone might know the answer to. In game today a person claimed that guardsmen with DP upgrade do more DPS against infantry than grenadiers with LMG upgrade. Is this true?

The other is that they claimed that the gun on the zis3, su76 and t34-76 is identical. I looked this up and historically it is true, but i was wondering in game what is the difference in performance of the zis 3, su76 main gun and 34-76 main guns?

Thank you!!
aaa
27 Jun 2016, 00:40 AM

against most noobs they are ok. And overall just balanced unit with balanced timing
27 Jun 2016, 01:03 AM

T-34/76 gun better AI. SU-76 and ZIS-3 Better AT for game balance.
27 Jun 2016, 01:09 AM

Rate of fire wise, from faster to slower, it goes, Zis, SU76, and last t34
Dmg wise, su76 gun deals slightly less dmg than the zis and the t34 gun which have the same dmg
penetration wise I don't really know, but i'm assuming the all 3 share the same pen value
27 Jun 2016, 01:09 AM

I almost never get them actually. T-70 is my go to mid game shock unit, and T-34/85 I get when I need some decent armor that can fight enemy armor effectively. Armor that does not melt instantly and be able to actually penetrate most shots.

I found myself sometimes using it when enemy armor presence is lacking, as two 76s are better than a lone 85 at being aggressive.

IMO all noticeable change I noticed from them was now they're worth getting whenever you see enemy heavies. They can actually do damage now, with the reduced rear armor of heavy tanks, in addition to blocking reverse path of heavies. Sure there's a good chance theyre gonna die but hell, I'd throw 80 fuel for dead 200+ fuel tanks anytime.
27 Jun 2016, 05:34 AM

Hybrid between t70 an suchka in terms of AI and AT. Can survive 4 shots like most mediums. Its pen is decent for it cost and it also tend to kill models with some lucky shots or lmgs.

I think it is great medium tank for 80 fuel cost.

It is good lategame if you went commader without big tank (eg i2 or t34/85) so you can use them to cover your flanks and kill harassing infantry that try to cap on flanks. Su 85 then have to do most AT job.

It is also usefull as harrasment counter if you go is2 because its much faster than is2.

But I prefer t70 first because of shock value ;)

And dont use it as suicide tank, it is right now good tank that can outnumber and outfight tanks
27 Jun 2016, 14:07 PM

SO with T-35/76 is it worth it to go T4 now? I used to go T4 only for Katy against mega shreck blob, anything else seems like a waste when T3 does it at cheaper price.
27 Jun 2016, 14:09 PM

SO with T-35/76 is it worth it to go T4 now? I used to go T4 only for Katy against mega shreck blob, anything else seems like a waste when T3 does it at cheaper price.

Su-85 is really great against Heavy
27 Jun 2016, 14:30 PM

Like what Blalord said, Relic redesigned the SU-85 to be effective against heavies from now on. It will eliminate the overlapping roles between the 76 and 85.
27 Jun 2016, 15:08 PM

In one of my recent 4v4 games I had army composed something like:
1 x SU-85
2 x T-34 (maybe 3 at some point)
1 x vet3 T-70 (lost it quickly though :( )
2 x Katy
2 x CEs

It was so much fun to finally use all these armor pieces together. This patch is such a relief!
27 Jun 2016, 19:52 PM

I use them if my team dominates both fuel points, even if we have only captured one recently. This means the enemy will be stuck with Panzer IVs and Stugs, and that means we can afford the luxury of using the T-34/76 which is both AI and AT, instead of the hard-counter SU-85.

I always use them in pairs, formations of 3 and above are unwieldy at mot situations, except on an open map like steppes.

And I always, always try to flank.
30 Jun 2016, 08:37 AM

lol I get what you mean but how is a t34/76 a luxury i find it to be a trade off between a functional unit vs a non functional one that can flank, commit suicide in 2 different ways, and at least damage infantry. It just dies too quickly and flanking is not really an option in many games. I'm not saying that it doesn't work or anything because when it does, it does. But just in many games good players have many other AT options other than their frontline tanks. usually it's a wall of tanks vs another and usually you end up killing most of ur t34s if you try to do something dumb

I mean even if you mass it, it's gonna be like max 4 of them. Against WM, the enemy might have a p4, one or 2 at guns assuming they know how to play and are getting these as an emergency measure, at least one pgren and possibly a p4 if you have 2 or 3 or 4 t34s. I don't think that the t34s are going to get out alive in this situation. pgrens shoot 2 shots at a time. That's 50% of the hp of ur t34. paks are going to be shooting, grens are going to be snaring and, probably most of the first shots of the t34s are either going to miss or bounce. I don't really think that mass t34 is a viable option in the current state of the game.

Their gun doesn't pen and they seem to have armor values just because they are tanks. I tried getting them and using them but the 85 variant seems to be the only functional turreted medium tank that the sovs have.
30 Jun 2016, 10:16 AM

It scales good in 1v1 and 2v2 and completely sucks in 4v4, because there is less room for manuevers and much more AT everywhere.
I like how t34-76 and su-85 work after patch because both tanks became CONSISTENT and have a DEFINED ROLE.
I build 2xt34-76 for killing lone squads and capping flanks, and su85 to support infantry force in center, and then add KV-2 or IS-2 from either Industry or Armored assault commander for more "meat"
1 Jul 2016, 05:19 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

In my opinion, the new T-34/76 is decent. It's effective against infantry, trades efficiently with German armor, and combined with Mark Target, it can take down an unsupported Panzer IV.

Of course, two tanks are better than one.
1 Jul 2016, 13:16 PM
Patrion 14

is there a comparison of t34 hull+coaxial MG damage to inf weapons damage? for example, ppl keep saying panther MGs have equivalent firepower to vet3 gren LMG which i can understand more intuitively.
Phy
1 Jul 2016, 13:25 PM

I think su85 and t34 are perfectly balanced atm. And they do a good tandem.

SU85 great at, even against heavies.

T34/76 supports su85 against medium flanks or inf pushes
aaa
1 Jul 2016, 13:34 PM

aginst mass mediums and mass TDs 3476 sucks ass. If doc without tank is selected then its gonna be hard in late
1 Jul 2016, 16:00 PM

Still has troubles chasing down frigging Luchs and Ostwind can hurt it from the front so no deal.
2 Jul 2016, 01:52 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

is there a comparison of t34 hull+coaxial MG damage to inf weapons damage? for example, ppl keep saying panther MGs have equivalent firepower to vet3 gren LMG which i can understand more intuitively.

I supposed Firesparks has their DPS on his chart.
2 Jul 2016, 02:40 AM

Does anyone know if the /85 variant benefits from the mg buffs for the /76?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★