USF didn't need a mortar.

PAGES (11)down
24 Jun 2016, 18:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2016, 18:21 PMAlphrum

man dont you get it?

Its an allied mortar so its fine.

its a very funny maymay
24 Jun 2016, 18:40 PM

Its even more disastrous for ost players because as wehrmacht ur grenadiers have to stay in place to deal dmg and so wipes are common.As it is grenadiers are shit vs rifles.It also makes sniper play more risky and micro intensive,which is crutch of ost vs usf earlygame.
24 Jun 2016, 18:40 PM
Donator 22

I like the mortar for USF to clear buildings etc. and give another opening instead of 3-4x rifles. But the current version of this mortar is a little bit over the top.
24 Jun 2016, 18:41 PM

I like the mortar for USF to clear buildings etc. and give another opening instead of 3-4x rifles. But the current version of this mortar is a little bit over the top.

A little?:clap:
24 Jun 2016, 18:44 PM

We never heard you when its about volksblob,kruupstahl or pak throught buildings, so yes, a little.
24 Jun 2016, 18:45 PM

well maybe if relic didn't lock all the usf units behind commanders they would have more options.

REs with flamers
Assault Engineers
WC51
24 Jun 2016, 18:50 PM

We never heard you when its about volksblob,kruupstahl or pak throught buildings, so yes, a little.

I very rarely play OKW or aplay against the volksblob so it didnt affect me,thats why you didnt hear me.You never saw me defend the volksblob did you?
Kruppstahl has been dead for a year or more,ever since allied armour buffs.Every german lategame armour has taken nerfs..in contrast every allied lategame armour has seen buffs.Yet german infnatry didnt get compensatory buffs against allied infantry,which not only retained its primacy got supervet and new additions.

Pak through buildings?:D...complaining about exotic creature pak43?Lolz.
24 Jun 2016, 19:24 PM

The problem isn't that USF has a mortar. It's that the mortar is just OP. Relic just messed up the stats like they always do. At least this time they aimed too high, unlike the rest of the entire USF faction at release.

BTW wasn't the mortar in the mod weaker?
24 Jun 2016, 19:30 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I haven't played the game with the new patch, so what exactly is so broken about the USF mortar? (No kidding, honest question)
Remember the GrW 34 before they nerfed its fire-rate? Basically that, except even more accurate.
24 Jun 2016, 19:46 PM

It makes sense for USF to have the best mortar but it's over performing. Accuracy nerf is needed.
24 Jun 2016, 19:58 PM

I don't believe USF would have needed a mortar if they had access to flamethrowers. Take the flamers out of Rifle Company and maybe replace them with Rifleman Field Defenses since it is called Rifle Company. They could have also reduced the grenade range penalty for smoke grenades to allow squads to counter MG's. The mortar is sort of unnecessary when you buff the Scott and already have the Pak Howitzer. I think USF has way to much stuff locked behind commanders. They could have also buffed the Priest to encourage people to use Infantry Company because right now Tactical Support fills the same role and is better in almost every way.
24 Jun 2016, 19:59 PM

Its even more disastrous for ost players because as wehrmacht ur grenadiers have to stay in place to deal dmg and so wipes are common.
And that is the exact reason as why it should not exist.
24 Jun 2016, 20:33 PM

300mp for that mortar and problem solved
24 Jun 2016, 20:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2016, 15:54 PMBudwise
This word cancerous has really gotten out of control. MG play is now "Cancer" LOL.

LOL ikr. Without direction crew guns like MGs and ATGs what is the point of even playing COH2?!? If you just want an infantry and vehicles moshpit, Total War is so much better in that respect.
24 Jun 2016, 21:04 PM

Rush 3 MGs into buildings and start massing vehicles after 10 minutes.

That is some strategic depth right there
24 Jun 2016, 21:18 PM

They needed a bit of diversity and tools to help cleaning building, so why not a mortar? Now an OP mortar like this, definitively no. It is sad that Relic didn't hotfix it yesterday or today.
I played around 8-10 games as Ostheer today, only facing USF and 2 times Sov. Mortar at every games.
24 Jun 2016, 21:37 PM

rooooooooooooooffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffflllllllllllllllllllllll
:lol::wub::wub::wub:<444>3
24 Jun 2016, 21:58 PM

usf didnt need a mortar that strong.

Maybe its me but i feelt helpless against garrsions and well placed mg's in early games.

not only you USF is fucked vs HMGS spam in garrnison
nades dont really deal with them
PACK comes too late
mortors some how deal with it
24 Jun 2016, 22:06 PM

yep commper to wermaht tanks ..
tihs mortor wont win you the game but a tiger or a panther or a king tiger will definitely ;)

24 Jun 2016, 22:10 PM

Thing was US design was based around having the most versatile and most powerful core infantry with the most flexible upgrades. Smoke and grenades were meant to deal with MGs in buildings. I honestly don't think they were ever meant to use support weapons all that much.

If you think US openings are boring because you have to go Riflemen every time ... You're half right. US players are meant to go Riflemen all the time. The flexibility was supposed to be in deciding whether or not to weapon racks, ambulance, or grenades first, or alternatively rushing an officer.

If you dislike being forced to go Riflemen all the time, maybe play a different faction?
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS