Login

russian armor

New Commander Idea

23 Jun 2016, 00:24 AM

Now before all the Allied players say 'OP!!!!', I would just like to say that these are my thoughts, and based upon feedback, I am willing to change around the doctrine.

This doctrine is for the OKW, and it's the Wunderwaffe doctrine, it would be primarily be based around advanced weapondry for tanks and infantry as well as some aerial support.

1 CP - Forward Receivers

This is the same as the Overwatch commander's ability, it just boosts the radius of detection around Command Trucks.

3 CP - Infrared StG Package

Same as the Special Ops Commander, only given to Obers.

6 CP (Up for debate) - Infrared sights for Panther

Now historically, the Panther did have an Infrared sight, and if this were to be an upgrade, it would be around, 80 munitions. It removes the ability to have a MG42 on top. The sights work be allowing the Panther to have a small circle around it, a little further than it's range, and will be able detect units in the area.

10 CP - ME 262 strafe

Honestly if anything, Relic should put this in the game. The main reason being is that they already have the unit quotes for an ME 262 strafing run. Now it should be a very simple strafe. A jet comes over, strafes with 30mm cannons, damaging/destroying light vehicles and killing/surpressing infantry. Should cost around 200 munitions. Also can not be called inside enemy base sectors.

12 CP - V1 rocket?

Now this would work similarly to the Ostheer's railway gun, where there a huge explosion and destroys everything in a certain area. Also can not be used inside an enemy's base. Now it would be 250 munitions and pratically be the same as Coh1's V1 rocket.

Give me your thoughts on this and I am planning to do one for USF possibly.
23 Jun 2016, 00:50 AM

Final stand doctrine

As the Allied armies mass near you, unleas the full fury of the fantical regime upon your foes!!

0 cp- Volkstrum reinforcements

Forcing the populace in last ditch effort for the father land, deploy two 5 man squads of Volkstrums (2 volks VK-98 and 3 volks mp-3008) to charge the enemy. If you lose both squads within 3 min of deployment you are refunded the resources. Those who refuse are hang as traitors.

3 CP-Emergency weapons program. Select the power and select any unit to receive a instant %35 off unit. However because the lack of training for the crew or unit, no veterancy will be gain.

5 CP- (unlock) Panzer 3 and Panzer 2

Allied bombing has reduce germany industrial capacity, as a result deploy early war weapons such as the formidable panzer 3 with 50mm gun or the 20 mm panzer 2.

6 CP- Concrete bunker

A bunker to garrison up too two squads, resistant to artilary and moarter barrages by %50 but units inside and take extra damage by flame weapons and thrown explosives. Can upgrade Mg (180 degrees), repair or medic to recover wounded soliders for volkstrum squad.

8 CP- Flak 88

Weapon that has served germany from the beginning, the fearsum flak is equally deadly to ground targets and Air. Can switch to a howitzer firing mode for 88 mm arty barrage with.

23 Jun 2016, 00:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2016, 00:50 AMGenObi
Final stand doctrine

As the Allied armies mass near you, unleas the full fury of the fantical regime upon your foes!!

Forcing the populace in last ditch effort for the father land, deploy two 5 man squads of Volkstrums (2 volks VK-98 and 3 volks mp-3008) to charge the enemy. If you lose both squads within 3 min of deployment you are refunded the resources. Those who refuse are hang as traitors.

3 CP-Emergency weapons program. Select the power and select any unit to receive a instant %35 off unit. However because the lack of training for the crew or unit, no veterancy will be gain.

Allied bombing has reduce germany industrial capacity, as a result deploy early war weapons such as the formidable panzer 3 with 50mm gun or the 20 mm panzer 2.

6 CP- Concrete bunker

A bunker to garrison up too two squads, resistant to artilary and moarter barrages by %50 but units inside and take extra damage by flame weapons and thrown explosives. Can upgrade Mg (180 degrees), repair or medic to recover wounded soliders for volkstrum squad.

8 CP- Flak 88

Weapon that has served germany from the beginning, the fearsum flak is equally deadly to ground targets and Air. Can switch to a howitzer firing mode for 88 mm arty barrage with.

That sounds like a pretty solid commander actually.
23 Jun 2016, 01:10 AM

6 CP- Concrete bunker

Concrete bunkers can't be realistically constructed that quickly, I would suggest a Panzernest instead. Prefabricated armoured MG nests that were wheeled into place and plopped in a hole.

23 Jun 2016, 01:30 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Concrete bunkers can't be realistically constructed that quickly, I would suggest a Panzernest instead. Prefabricated armoured MG nests that were wheeled into place and plopped in a hole.

Well to be fair it didn't stop CoH1, but Panzernests would definitely be totally fun and distinctive to see.
23 Jun 2016, 01:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2016, 01:30 AMVuther

Well to be fair it didn't stop CoH1, but Panzernests would definitely be totally fun and distinctive to see.

Exactly what I think.
23 Jun 2016, 03:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2016, 01:30 AMVuther

Yeah but there's a change in design between CoH1 and CoH2. CoH1 let the axis make full-on concrete bunkers in 30 seconds. CoH2, all buildings including base buildings are either trenches or prefabricated or vehicles. The Panzernest machine gun bunker fits the prefabricated theme much better than a concrete bunker, which is now only seen as a map object.
23 Jun 2016, 05:38 AM

Final stand doctrine

6 CP- Concrete bunker

8 CP- Flak 88

Not bad actually. I miss my zombie nazis.
23 Jun 2016, 06:08 AM

I'm pretty sure me-262's were mainly used to engage aircraft and not used for ground attack.
nee
23 Jun 2016, 07:13 AM

1 CP - Forward Receivers
3 CP - Infrared StG Package
6 CP (Up for debate) - Infrared sights for Panther
Now historically, the Panther did have an Infrared sight, and if this were to be an upgrade, it would be around, 80 munitions. It removes the ability to have a MG42 on top. The sights work be allowing the Panther to have a small circle around it, a little further than it's range, and will be able detect units in the area.
10 CP - ME 262 strafe
Honestly if anything, Relic should put this in the game. The main reason being is that they already have the unit quotes for an ME 262 strafing run. Now it should be a very simple strafe. A jet comes over, strafes with 30mm cannons, damaging/destroying light vehicles and killing/surpressing infantry. Should cost around 200 munitions. Also can not be called inside enemy base sectors.
12 CP - V1 rocket?
Now this would work similarly to the Ostheer's railway gun, where there a huge explosion and destroys everything in a certain area. Also can not be used inside an enemy's base. Now it would be 250 munitions and pratically be the same as Coh1's V1 rocket.

Seems a bit too reliant on munitions abilities, it's almost Close Air Support clone.

Infrared Sights is a nice idea and indeed historical, but it only affects Panther, which is a T4 tank; alongside Obers' IR MP44s, this means the commander is pretty much late-game, and not late-game as in calling in Jadgtigers, but late-game as in it's for buffing T4 units.
I would say the Infrared Sights idea is much better for an Ostheer commander, as they don't a stock IR tracking unit.
I take it you want Me-262 strafe to be basically immune to anti-air? The 262 was a fighter aircraft, there's a reason why strafing for ground support requires the plane to fire a little slower, not faster. The Stukas were refitted with 30mm guns for that reason: fighters remain fighters while defunct divebombers are re-purposed.
I once considered the Me 262 for an air denial ability, but that means it's heavily reliant on the opponent to pick a commander featuring aerial call-ins. USF's major can call air recon, but not everyone uses that ability. Are Pathfinder/ Airborne paradrop planes able to be shot down at all??
If I am reading sources correctly, the V-1's payload was 1000kg, about the same payload as Stuka Dive Bomb ability. I made a commander idea where V-1 was basically OKW's version of the Stuka bomb, but shows the V-1 rocket in minimap so your opponent has a chance to escape the kill zone: the blast and damage would be identical to Stuka bomb given the similar explosive payload- the Vengeance weapons weren't exactly WMDs.
All that to say, I like the ideas, but not in this combination. Maybe replace jet fighter with Jagdtiger, or Forward Recievers with Panzerfusiliers? Some of the vanilla unlocks are still good to be re-used; I mean of all abilities, Thorough Salvage was recycled (hur hur) in one of the latest OKW commanders.
23 Jun 2016, 08:10 AM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2016, 07:13 AMnee

If I am reading sources correctly, the V-1's payload was 1000kg, about the same payload as Stuka Dive Bomb ability.

I'm 99% sure the divebomb tooltip says 50kg but they could've changed that.

It's 3:00 am as well.

I'm sorry.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 316
United States 21
unknown 11

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L