Login

russian armor

Some maps STILL have deep snow

22 Jun 2016, 20:40 PM

But I can't imagine, that majorty of playerbase would say: "Oh, Relic don't remove blizzards and deep snows, fuck them, fuck teh gaem, will go to play in Wargame".

More than that - long time it wasn't even issue for playerbase, it all came from "competitve" camp, which is cancer for that game and for all games, which have one. Same competitive camp destroyed unique doctrines, like Elite or Industry, for purpouses of teh "Great competitives". They making CoH 2 boring and not interesting for common players, which are REAL majortiy of CoH 2 community.

Lol, I fail to see how competitive players are cancer for the game. If anything the competitive scene is good for addressing balance issues and creating a better, less frustrating experience. Better balance benefits all players. Sure, a casual player probably enjoyed raping people with 5 min T70 followed by hordes of T34s when Industry was released but I fail to see how that broken crap is good for the game.

22 Jun 2016, 20:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2016, 20:32 PMNosliw
Blizzards were removed due to popular opinion. That is a fact. You cannot argue that. Saying that "you can't imagine the majority would dislike blizzards" is therefore simply incorrect.

Furthermore, if it weren't for the "cancerous competitive players", the game would still be in an unbalanced state. The game would likely still have useless MGs and super powerful infantry from USF and OKW. People would be blobbing infantry through Blizzards and using B4s precision strike to win games. You have the cancer of the community to thank for increasing the balance of the game so that you "common" players have less to cry about at night. You're welcome.

Ok, but that popular opinion is wrong. Sometimes it happens, that majority is wrong, you know.

As I said - Cold tech provided you more tactical and strategic opportunities and possibilites. Of course, in general it all was "slowing, bad, debuffing, random, whateverelse...", but it was fair, because:

1. It affected not only you, but also your opponent.

2. It provided you not only weaknesses and debuffs... but also profits.

But people ignore that, they prefer to have simplier and less "distracting on unusual and unpredictible situations" gameplay. It is stupidity! "We don't want to play in difficult and skill-required game, we want it be easier, cos... I don't know, we are lazy, or we are slowpokes, or we are retards", whatever.

Even if people don't like Cold tech - it should be moved back. I can't say, that I liked it too much, because each time, when blizzard comes, you simply couldn't use artillery, cos accuracy gets -1488% debuff and cooldowns are large. But... I dealt with that somehow. Such as I dealt with freezing infantry, or slowing in deep snows. Deep snows are not only slowing, but also can be used for hiding troops and for making traps. Again - plus and minus at once, not only minus, you should only be able to use that plus for your own good. If you can't or don't want to - don't blame game in your fail, blame yourself. And don't ruin game after that.
22 Jun 2016, 20:57 PM

Lol, I fail to see how competitive players are cancer for the game. If anything the competitive scene is good for addressing balance issues and creating a better, less frustrating experience. Better balance benefits all players. Sure, a casual player probably enjoyed raping people with 5 min T70 followed by hordes of T34s when Industry was released but I fail to see how that broken crap is good for the game.

Ok, maybe my point about competitives was too "hard", my fault, sorry. But, for example, I can't say that Miragefla's comptetive mod realised as patch for game made it really better... And we had a lot of such "improvements", for example - unreasonable and cruel handicaping of Maxim.

And I don't see, how same Industry or Elite was broken, they were actually nice balanced. Industry gave you more fuel and faster build time but... stole pretty large part of your MP income. And MP income is even more important sometimes (specially for USSR), than fuel, because not all units require fuel, but definitely all require MP.

Same goes with Elite. Vetting up units at start means, that you slowing your tiering up. I made myself lose in that way pretty often, by buffing my mates units and forgeting about myself. So in result - 2v1 or 3v2 game and obvious lose in late, if you didn't beat opponents in early. Looks pretty balanced for me.

That's offtop, anyway. We can discuss that in another thread, if you want.

22 Jun 2016, 21:51 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

1- If you fail on seeing how SI and Elite were broken (on release) then i don't think there is much that can be discussed.
There's 2 things you should be careful on this game: resource manipulation and veterancy.

2- Deep snow is not a problem. Having it blocking retreat paths and pathing not knowing how to handle it are.

3- Blizzard wasn't fine, not as a mechanic rather than the implementation. You want it back? Then make a mod, balance it and make people play it. That's how you make things change and not just complaining in a forum.
22 Jun 2016, 22:05 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I am pretty sure they said they only said they would be removing blizzards from matching. Deep snow was largely removed in map rebalancing, but not necessarily gutted.
22 Jun 2016, 22:09 PM

1- If you fail on seeing how SI and Elite were broken (on release) then i don't think there is much that can be discussed.
There's 2 things you should be careful on this game: resource manipulation and veterancy.

2- Deep snow is not a problem. Having it blocking retreat paths and pathing not knowing how to handle it are.

3- Blizzard wasn't fine, not as a mechanic rather than the implementation. You want it back? Then make a mod, balance it and make people play it. That's how you make things change and not just complaining in a forum.

1. And if you fail on seening, that SI and Elite was fine and balanced inside (on release), then I don't think, there is much, that can be discussed. Nice disscussion we had, dude. Arguments and reason.

Resourse manipulation isn't problem for making for Ostheer "resourse drop" ability, but problem when USSR getting "constant MP into fuel flow". Seriously? As Ostheer I can decide, when I exchange MP to resourses, for SI it is permanent! So, SI resourse manipulation even worse, than Ostheer one.

SI fuel drop now is a joke and troll-bait from devs. 100 Ammo into 20-30 fuel with high risks of loss your 100 ammo. So, it is useless spend of huge portion of ammo, better lay 3 TM mines or build repair post for that, less risky and more profitable.

And I wrote about veterancy already. Vet up in exchange to serious portion of fuel at start = T2/T3 coming waaaay later = loosing in late seriously. Isn't that balance?

2. Hm... Just make deep snow/deep mud not affect on retreat run, guess it's pretty real. Solved. No need to remove it, no problems we have, right?

3. Blizzard wasn't "fine", but it also wasn't problem. I liked it actually, you could get some "rest" time for your troops or use that time for fast rushes on points, while enemy can't see too much. Anyway, it provided more interesting tactics for players. Without it we lost those tactics and large part of game. That's not progressive for game in general, it is regressive way. Let's degenerate it more, because people can't see obvious profits behind more obvious losses.
22 Jun 2016, 22:14 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2016, 16:54 PMDomine
Shouldn't that have been removed a while ago? Kholodny Ferma and Moscow outskirts still have deep snow parts.
Why?

is it around buildings? it was always that way since day 1 after relic removed deep snow. for some reason...

its annoying as hell.
22 Jun 2016, 22:15 PM

Blizzards are still in-game,just not in automatch.

If you want to play with it,why not play custom games?
22 Jun 2016, 23:12 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

snip

Offtopic:
I guess i have to give the long explanation. Do you really think that TA and SI were fine on release? Since i don't think so, i'll continue.

Resource manipulation is bad when there is little to no counterplay. Resource drops can get either destroy or stolen. This is why munition to fuel was also changed.
OKW AA from flak bunkers on it's base ans tiered building are due to be balanced. The Su is not bad per se.

Regarding veterancy: it's not just Elite. Osstruppen, Rifles, old OKW PIV, etc. All those were changed as well. The whole point of vet troops was not to spam it early on, unless a single unit, but later when fuel is not needed.

22 Jun 2016, 23:58 PM

I call "majority" retards, because instead of adapting to objective, innovative, unique and interesting difficulties in game, they decided to say "we don't want to see CoH 2 as difficult and interesting RTS, we want it simplier and dumber, so, pls, remove it". That is retardism, from my point of view.

I had no problems with blizzards, I never met in game people who had. I don't know where it came from, but it was 100% wrong decision.

It was right decision. I don't know if you knew this, but when Volksgrenadiers were given their Panzerschreck upgrade they were also given a passive where they were IMMUNE to the blizzard.

The only infantry units known to be immune to the blizzard were snipers.

So it is also unfair that one faction's frontline infantry had full reign.

While I was against taking away blizzards. I can understand the reasoning.

Plus, it was niche part of the game. Just like the OKW's resource penalty.
23 Jun 2016, 00:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2016, 20:32 PMNosliw
Blizzards were removed due to popular opinion. That is a fact. You cannot argue that. Saying that "you can't imagine the majority would dislike blizzards" is therefore simply incorrect.

Furthermore, if it weren't for the "cancerous competitive players", the game would still be in an unbalanced state. The game would likely still have useless MGs and super powerful infantry from USF and OKW. People would be blobbing infantry through Blizzards and using B4s precision strike to win games. You have the cancer of the community to thank for increasing the balance of the game so that you "common" players have less to cry about at night. You're welcome.

Let's not get carried away, bub.

The "competitive" players also generally speaking don't give a s**t about 2v2 and upwards, which is were most of people like to play. And thus many of their suggested changes don't take into account the different scale of the game and economy at such levels.

So while competitive gamers are pretty good at getting allot of things right, they also want to craft a game for their own sake and not that of the majority and often sacrifice fun factor for perceived balance.
23 Jun 2016, 00:06 AM
Patrion 14

Let's not get carried away, bub.

The "competitive" players also generally speaking don't give a s**t about 2v2 and upwards, which is were most of people like to play. And thus many of their suggested changes don't take into account the different scale of the game and economy at such levels.

So while competitive gamers are pretty good at getting allot of things right, they also want to craft a game for their own sake and not that of the majority and often sacrifice fun factor for perceived balance.

but its for the best kinda. game was designed for 1v1 and since relic just refuse to create different rules for 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3+, our only hope is to balance 1v1 as best as possible so it translate upward more.

all praise 1v1 elitists!:thumb:
23 Jun 2016, 00:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2016, 00:06 AMpigsoup

but its for the best kinda. game was designed for 1v1 and since relic just refuse to create different rules for 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3+, our only hope is to balance 1v1 as best as possible so it translate upward more.

all praise 1v1 elitists!:thumb:

They had hopes to build a game for a audience that doesn't exist. This isn't Starcraft and it will never be. And i dread to think they are about to commit the same mistake with Dawn of Moba 3.

1v1 is the only solution?Nope.Hopefully next time around COH3 will be built with their true audience in mind.
23 Jun 2016, 04:56 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Blizzards never were that random and occurred about every ten minutes.

I think it was a cool novelty and if it were possible to reintroduce the mechanic combined with ColdTech.

That being said, there shouldn't be a faction that has infantry that just ignores deep snow or mud (sturmpioneers looool) or a faction that has it's main infantry squad w/ an upgrade package that prevents soldiers from freezing to death.

That was the main issue w/ WFA.

I'm all for deep snow just not lots of it. I'm all for truly random blizzards that occur once roughly every 30 minutes of gameplay. I'm all for unit upgrades that can reduce the negative effects of weather but not eliminate those effects.

Relic should've stuck w/ the Eastern Front and the original art style/feel of the game. Would've been cool to have lots of lend-lease brit/usa equipment in various Soviet doctrines or in another Soviet faction. Would've been cool to have Ostheer reflect '41/'42 Ostheer w/ P3s and shit, not some faction w/ little offensive ability in the mid game.

/endrant
27 Jun 2016, 05:18 AM

snip

Oh mai where to begin

You are a self proclaimed casual player, and then you proceed to tell competitive players that you know more about how to balance the game? What fucking retarded logic that is. Thats like if I went up to Muhammad Ali (RIP) and told him that professional boxers are ruining fighting and backyard brawlers are the best, and then told him that he doesn't know very much about boxing. For the love of god, do not reproduce.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★