Login

russian armor

vCoH Wehrmact units for Ostheer

19 Jun 2016, 09:00 AM

For the last time, stop grindinggg it!
19 Jun 2016, 10:18 AM

Wespe for Wehr and Hummel for OKW would be nice additions. I mean, both Axis Armies have rocket artillery by default but no SPGs, why? Allies have both doctrinal SPGs and Rocket Arty, well, at least the Western Allies, MissCommissar is probably the only person here playing and crying about Soviets anyway.

Okay, did play allies? If so, I give you a choice:
Between Priest and Calliope, which one you choose?
Between Sexton and Land Mattress, which one you prefer?
Soviet has no SPG so I will not include them.

Rocket has already had superior perfomance to spg. Why would you set back for SPG? For variety?
19 Jun 2016, 10:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2016, 04:53 AMBudwise
If Ost got a non-upgunned Puma in T3 for the price of a T70 it would make worlds of difference. I feel like the Ostwind is supposed to kinda fill this role but it just doesn't.

Because somehow ostwind in vCoH could snipe while stationary and in CoH2 it would always miss and hit the ground
19 Jun 2016, 10:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2016, 05:21 AMTobis

That's like saying m20 is equivalent to stuart.

In 2 days, the t-34/76 will be a worthy medium tank.

Nailed it.

Saying Nebelwerfer = Panzerwerfer is like saying pack howitzer = katyusha
19 Jun 2016, 11:52 AM

Okay, did play allies? If so, I give you a choice:
Between Priest and Calliope, which one you choose?
Between Sexton and Land Mattress, which one you prefer?
Soviet has no SPG so I will not include them.

Rocket has already had superior perfomance to spg. Why would you set back for SPG? For variety?

The Priest also has anti-infantry and I think has a bit of a longer range and more of a punch because of it's shell, plus the .50 cal mounted on top on the right side while the Calliope just has 1 or 2 .30 cals to deal with infantry, but I think it's a bit better armored than the Priest.

While the Sexton is way faster, better protected and will be better in the next update while the Land Martress' crew can be killed by a strafing run, it's slower and less protected than the Sexton.

So yeah, rockets may be good but most of the vehicles they're mounted on are glass cannons that can be easily knocked out compared to the Self-Propelled Gun vehicles like the Hummel, Wespe, Priest and Sexton just because they're mounted on tank chassis and not on light half-track ones or pushed like the Nebelwerfer and Land Mattress.
19 Jun 2016, 11:55 AM

The Priest also has anti-infantry and I think has a bit of a longer range and more of a punch because of it's shell, plus the .50 cal mounted on top on the right side while the Calliope just has 1 or 2 .30 cals to deal with infantry, but I think it's a bit better armored than the Priest.

While the Sexton is way faster, better protected and will be better in the next update while the Land Martress' crew can be killed by a strafing run, it's slower and less protected than the Sexton.

So yeah, rockets may be good but most of the vehicles they're mounted on are glass cannons that can be easily knocked out compared to the Self-Propelled Gun vehicles like the Hummel, Wespe, Priest and Sexton just because they're mounted on tank chassis and not on light half-track ones or pushed like the Nebelwerfer and Land Mattress.
Calliope pretty much has the health and armor of a normal sherman. It's much more durable then the priest which will pretty much die to 2 shots of any at. It really doesn't apply to the point you are trying to make.
19 Jun 2016, 11:59 AM

Calliope pretty much has the health and armor of a normal sherman. It's much more durable then the priest which will pretty much die to 2 shots of any at. It really doesn't apply to the point you are trying to make.

It's the only rocket artillery that's also a tank, that's what I meant, while every other Army's rocket unit is either hand pushed (nebelwerfer, land mattress) or some light truck/half-track.

But still for some tight chokepoint I'd prefer SPGs as rockets are more of an area saturation type of unit excellent in a place where enemy units are massed, not to mention somewhere that is more open because of the rocket's angle of fire compared to the Artillery's angle of fire, so yeah, shot blockers also play a huge part in each unit's effectiveness here.
19 Jun 2016, 13:52 PM

I would really love to see those units implemented into the game. Maybe their roles are supposed to be carried out by other units, but there were such a huge variety in the German army that it breaks my heart to see so few units in this game.

What's the problem with having a scout car and a scout bike? They should just have different costs and features and the game would be so much fun.
19 Jun 2016, 14:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2016, 07:59 AMKatitof

.... high costs of everyting and slow early game being UKF weakness...

High costs for everything? Like what? Vickers and..? Plus they're getting big buffs to their early game... let's be honest, Brits are the new OKW
20 Jun 2016, 10:00 AM

High costs for everything? Like what? Vickers and..? Plus they're getting big buffs to their early game... let's be honest, Brits are the new OKW

USF is also getting buffed to literally every support weapon they have.
Giving them a mortar on top of a pack howi, so ya why not give ostheer a nebelwerfer as well
20 Jun 2016, 10:36 AM

Well the roles of the motor cycle and AI puma are supposed to be filled by the 222 but with the bugged coaxial mg it really only fills the motorcycle role. Also functions as a light AT unit.

I'd love to see nebelwerfer as a call-in ffrom a cmdr. Some need to be adjusted.

what kind of bugg hampers the coaxial mg of the 222? Less damage?
20 Jun 2016, 10:48 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

what kind of bugg hampers the coaxial mg of the 222? Less damage?

It doesn't shoot, like, 90% of the time.
20 Jun 2016, 11:04 AM

It doesn't shoot, like, 90% of the time.

So 222 misses out a lot of damage?
20 Jun 2016, 11:05 AM

I am surprised no one mentioned the knight cross elite infantry, this is what I am really missing in late game against vet 3 greens

A Bergtiger could also be interesting, and of course a repair bunker for ostheer is really much needed
20 Jun 2016, 11:17 AM

Give me bikes please, 222 can be buffed to a T2.5 unit (required BP2).
20 Jun 2016, 11:28 AM

USF is also getting buffed to literally every support weapon they have.
Giving them a mortar on top of a pack howi, so ya why not give ostheer a nebelwerfer as well

Except ost already have early game indirect fire and pack howi arrived too late for that role.
There isn't really any reason to put nebel, in vcoh it existed, because there was no pwerfer, but now it is and nebel doesn't have an excuse.

USF early game was as stale and boring as it can get, you can't say the same about ost with the selection of 5 different units. USF had ONE valid. Even UKF had two at worst.

But come on people, don't count on anything new for the old factions-at BEST the stuff that is in campaign/ToW and isn't in mp may be added, but that isn't much for ost now, is it?
20 Jun 2016, 12:16 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

So funny to see, that CoH 2 haven't on release so many things from vCoH and now Relic adding them with DLC commanders and new (old) factions. I will try to show here only unique or brutal unis from vCoH:

ostheerostheerWehrmachtostheerostheer
King Tiger - was added with WFA for OKW
Goliath (stock unit in vCoH) - Was added with DLC commander only for OKW. In vCoH was stock unit for both german factions.
Stuka zu Fuss - added with WFA for OKW
Stormtroopers - added with DLC commanders
Nebelwerfer - didn't added
Knight Cross - didn't added, but somebody suggest to add them with DLC doctrine (I see you Karbinder :p ). Somehow was replaced as Obers.
StuH 42 - didn't added, but we have Brummbar.
Flak 36 - didn't added. Not fully, but replaced with Pak 43

okwokw PE okwokw
250 light at halftruck - didn't added
250 vampire - didn't added
Motorinfantry(?) (i don't know how they called in English) - didn't added, but i think Sturmpioneers are close to them (especially after patch).
Jagdpanter - didn't added
Hummel - didn't added
Wirbelwind - didn't added

Hotchkiss - didn't added (i see you Tobis too :nahnah: )
Kettenkrad - didn't added
Some units have migrated to wehrmacht (221,222, mortar HT)

UKF - actually, they have everything from vCoH (even more), but i miss the Tetrarch. Also some units run from tommies to muricans (Priest, Stuart)

usfusfUSFusfusf
First of all i must say, that USSR mainly copypast of USF from vCoH.
Sniper - didn't added
M4 Crocodile - didn't added
M26 Pershing -added with DLC doctrine
M4 T34 - added with DLC doctrine
Rangers - added with DLC doctrine
M2 Howitzer - didn't added

After what we have fully new in CoH 2?
vCoH 2:
USSR - new faction.
Elefant
I don't include Pak 43 and LefH 18, because we have something same in vCoH (17 pounder and M2 hovitzer)

WFA:
M4 105
M20
M1 pack howitzer
M8 Scott
Medcar
M15 AA truck
251 AA truck
Pupchen
Luchs
Jagdtiger
Sturmtiger

UKF, imo have nothing new:
Comet - analog of Panter.
AEC - analog of Puma.
Land Matress - analog of Nebelwerfer.

Correct me if i have forgot something.
P.S. I am talking only about unit (mostly vechicles), bit about abilities.
20 Jun 2016, 13:05 PM

OKW is completely different than PE. In CoH1, Wehrmacht is Western Army and PE is just a elite battlegroup to aid them.

In fact, many people find PE is more like remain of afrika korp gathering together, which is why they access to mobile unit and unconventional tactic like scorched earth.
20 Jun 2016, 13:09 PM

So funny to see, that CoH 2 haven't on release so many things from vCoH and now Relic adding them with DLC commanders and new (old) factions. I will try to show here only unique or brutal unis from vCoH:

ostheerostheerWehrmachtostheerostheer
King Tiger - was added with WFA for OKW
Goliath (stock unit in vCoH) - Was added with DLC commander only for OKW. In vCoH was stock unit for both german factions.
Stuka zu Fuss - added with WFA for OKW
Stormtroopers - added with DLC commanders
Nebelwerfer - didn't added
Knight Cross - didn't added, but somebody suggest to add them with DLC doctrine (I see you Karbinder :p ). Somehow was replaced as Obers.
StuH 42 - didn't added, but we have Brummbar.
Flak 36 - didn't added. Not fully, but replaced with Pak 43

okwokw PE okwokw
250 light at halftruck - didn't added
250 vampire - didn't added
Motorinfantry(?) (i don't know how they called in English) - didn't added, but i think Sturmpioneers are close to them (especially after patch).
Jagdpanter - didn't added
Hummel - didn't added
Wirbelwind - didn't added

Hotchkiss - didn't added (i see you Tobis too :nahnah: )
Kettenkrad - didn't added
Some units have migrated to wehrmacht (221,222, mortar HT)

UKF - actually, they have everything from vCoH (even more), but i miss the Tetrarch. Also some units run from tommies to muricans (Priest, Stuart)

usfusfUSFusfusf
First of all i must say, that USSR mainly copypast of USF from vCoH.
Sniper - didn't added
M4 Crocodile - didn't added
M26 Pershing -added with DLC doctrine
M4 T34 - added with DLC doctrine
Rangers - added with DLC doctrine
M2 Howitzer - didn't added

After what we have fully new in CoH 2?
vCoH 2:
USSR - new faction.
Elefant
I don't include Pak 43 and LefH 18, because we have something same in vCoH (17 pounder and M2 hovitzer)

WFA:
M4 105
M20
M1 pack howitzer
M8 Scott
Medcar
M15 AA truck
251 AA truck
Pupchen
Luchs
Jagdtiger
Sturmtiger

UKF, imo have nothing new:
Comet - analog of Panter.
AEC - analog of Puma.
Land Matress - analog of Nebelwerfer.

Damn, it ALMOST looks like they wanted new units in new game instead of copy pasting everything the lazy way :snfBarton: :romeoPls:
20 Jun 2016, 13:30 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jun 2016, 13:09 PMKatitof

Damn, it ALMOST looks like they wanted new units in new game instead of copy pasting everything the lazy way :snfBarton: :romeoPls:

You don't understand me. My message was, that Relic didn't take so much things from CoH in 2012(For Wehrmacht), 2014 (for WFA) and adding them after 2 years after release of CoH 2. Here is my message.

OKW is completely different than PE. In CoH1, Wehrmacht is Western Army and PE is just a elite battlegroup to aid them.

In fact, many people find PE is more like remain of afrika korp gathering together, which is why they access to mobile unit and unconventional tactic like scorched earth.

Agreed
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS