Login

russian armor

vCoH Wehrmact units for Ostheer

19 Jun 2016, 01:02 AM

Motorcycle for scouting (ACTUAL scout unit, pioneer is supposed to be an engineer for god sake, not a scouter)
the anti-inf early puma (not anti tank puma) where you can actually punish people for not teching at all and not preparing any AT and only keep spamming infantry (which is similar to the point of Pz II)
And nebelwerfers to counter mortars and static emplacements (it burns the shit out of brit emplacement in vCoH)

It would instantly solve the weakness Ostheer has.
19 Jun 2016, 01:04 AM

I do miss me some Nebels...
19 Jun 2016, 01:45 AM

Bike would be nice. Nebelwerfer makes more sense to me as an Ostheer unit than the Panzerwerfer, thing as the Ostheer are kinda supposed to be the game's support unit faction.
19 Jun 2016, 01:57 AM

Well the roles of the motor cycle and AI puma are supposed to be filled by the 222 but with the bugged coaxial mg it really only fills the motorcycle role. Also functions as a light AT unit.

I'd love to see nebelwerfer as a call-in ffrom a cmdr. Some need to be adjusted.
19 Jun 2016, 03:03 AM
Donator 11

I guess they scrapped the nebelwerfer when they decided to put panzerwerfer in T3 at first. But now it may make sense as a 3-4 CP unit on some new commander or refreshed old one.
19 Jun 2016, 04:38 AM

Ostheer already have in stock all types units for all purpouses. Not sure, that it would be fair to add more...

Puma was same 222, but with better accuracy. And it costed pretty much, so if we need such unit in Ostheer, we can try to improve 222 cars... but seriously rise price.

Bikes mostly needed only for one purpouse - light up snipers, just like USF Jeep. Here is no problem with sniper detecting, so... no need of such unit.

If you want Nebelwerfer like in vCoH - just add "incendiary rocket barrage" to Panzerwerfer. I suggested it sometime ago and people didn't like it. And I think, that would really revive PW again and make it more viable against emplacements.

Those changes really don't fix any real Ostheer weaknesses. One of real problems (too fragile for lategame infantry) could be fixed by another vCoH wehr unit - Knight Cross Holders. It would be nice to see them added in T4 for... 400-500 MP with really high survivability and damage dealing stats. Just like in vCoH, where they were added, I suppouse, for same purpouses. Other wehr infantry weren't high suvrivable in late too...
19 Jun 2016, 04:53 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

If Ost got a non-upgunned Puma in T3 for the price of a T70 it would make worlds of difference. I feel like the Ostwind is supposed to kinda fill this role but it just doesn't.
19 Jun 2016, 05:04 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Ostheer already have in stock all types units for all purpouses. Not sure, that it would be fair to add more...

Where is the Light Tank? Where is my Hotchkiss?
19 Jun 2016, 05:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2016, 05:04 AMTobis

Where is the Light Tank? Where is my Hotchkiss?

222 is your Hotchkiss. Such as T-34-76 is my "worthy medium lategame tank".
19 Jun 2016, 05:21 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

222 is your Hotchkiss. Such as T-34-76 is my "worthy medium lategame tank".

That's like saying m20 is equivalent to stuart.

In 2 days, the t-34/76 will be a worthy medium tank.
19 Jun 2016, 05:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2016, 05:21 AMTobis

M20 is not equivalent to stuart... but 222 is. M20 is not combat reliable, but 222 is, and more than that - 222 is easy spammable.

T-34-76 won't be such worthy, as Cromwell. That's what I meant. And I guess you didn't get my analogy...
19 Jun 2016, 05:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2016, 05:21 AMTobis

TOBIS NO!!!!!!

Shit, I'm too late...

Now he's forever going to engaged in a pointless conversation that will never end.

May I remind you of the disaster that occurred at this thread because of trying to argue with MissCommissar about her precious USSR:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/53801/soviet-hmg-bunker-why-not/

Whatever, gg.
19 Jun 2016, 05:43 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

M20 is not equivalent to stuart... but 222 is. M20 is not combat reliable, but 222 is, and more than that - 222 is easy spammable.

Volks are reliable
Tiger Aces are reliable

therefore...

Volks are Tiger Aces.

19 Jun 2016, 05:49 AM

Not only for wehrmacht.

USF is in also need of Crocodile Sherman, jeep, 30 cal, 105mm m1 howitzer, recoilless rifle.

Also the return of Panzer Elite with Hotchkiss, Hummel, flak36, Marder, Bergetiger, vampire HT, hetzer, jagdpanther... Heck, there are more, enough for a new faction to fit in.

Too bad all of these will forever a dream as Relic ditch CoH2 in favor of DoW3.
19 Jun 2016, 05:51 AM

Not only for wehrmacht.

USF is in also need of Crocodile Sherman, jeep, 30 cal, 105mm m1 howitzer, recoilless rifle.

Recoillesses and 0.30 cals to USSR, pls. Really needed.
19 Jun 2016, 07:23 AM

Not only for wehrmacht.

Also the return of Panzer Elite with Hotchkiss, Hummel, flak36, Marder, Bergetiger, vampire HT, hetzer, jagdpanther... Heck, there are more, enough for a new faction to fit in.

Too bad all of these will forever a dream as Relic ditch CoH2 in favor of DoW3.

I know that it would need a bit of an effort, but last night I was complaining to a friend that OKW is getting the leFH arty (the same as ost). They could've given them a Hummel/Grille/Wespe for that role. This way OKW would feel a bit unique imho. :)
19 Jun 2016, 07:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2016, 07:23 AMDanyek

I know that it would need a bit of an effort, but last night I was complaining to a friend that OKW is getting the leFH arty (the same as ost). They could've given them a Hummel/Grille/Wespe for that role. This way OKW would feel a bit unique imho. :)

The slot in both commmanders could fit for SD-2 Butterfly bomb, which already in USF campaign designated as M83 Cluster bomb.

The bomb is meant to be air force disruptive attack (luftwaffe) or instant deploy mines (defensive).
19 Jun 2016, 07:59 AM

It would instantly solve the weakness Ostheer has.

What if ost is supposed to have weaknesses?
You know, just like cons being soviet weakness, lack of indirect fire and heavy tanks being USF weakness, high costs of everyting and slow early game being UKF weakness.

Plus, you're basically asking for someone to point you to OKW.
19 Jun 2016, 08:26 AM

The slot in both commmanders could fit for SD-2 Butterfly bomb, which already in USF campaign designated as M83 Cluster bomb.

The bomb is meant to be air force disruptive attack (luftwaffe) or instant deploy mines (defensive).

Yes or I think it would be awesome to make the LGF similar to the vCoH PE Luftwaffe

2CP: Battlefield Fortifications
3CP: Fallschirmjagers
4CP: Reconnaissance Overflight
6CP: Valiant Assault
6CP: SD-2 Butterfly Bombs

It makes sense for me.
19 Jun 2016, 08:51 AM

Wespe for Wehr and Hummel for OKW would be nice additions. I mean, both Axis Armies have rocket artillery by default but no SPGs, why? Allies have both doctrinal SPGs and Rocket Arty, well, at least the Western Allies, MissCommissar is probably the only person here playing and crying about Soviets anyway.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★