Login

russian armor

Role of the sturmpioneer in upcoming patch

18 Jun 2016, 22:01 PM

Where do you see this unit being post-patch? They're expensive as shit and when you get them into close-range they aren't great against infantry anyway because yes they can dish out damage but they can't take it at all. This unit is for harassment/field defenses in my opinion unless you go Feuersturm. Raketens, mines, panzerfausts, sturms - it's all just such soft as fuck AT until you can make the heavy fuel transition into T4. You're just playing with rng if you don't get a puma and I think it's bad design to be forced to tech that way. Sturms are also you're only form of detecting mines, you're only ability to heal without T2, and you're only ability to repair without going T3. It has too many different roles for being so expensive and fragile to be given the role of your AT now.

I realize I'm speculating the meta and I could be wrong too. If it were up to me, there would be an infantry unit in OKW's T2 so it's not volks/sturm spam, but since that would be a drastic game redesign, I'm hoping that Relic creates an OKW commander that has alternative AT options post-patch.
18 Jun 2016, 22:21 PM

I was against them having "more stuff on their plate."
Now, I'm fine with it. People are smart enough to figure out that they can do one more thing now too. It's not like their brains are going to break trying to understand why there's a new upgrade for 'em.
Its versatility balances its expensiveness and ensures that it can't be spammed.
18 Jun 2016, 22:22 PM

This clusterfuck of a patch will be uploaded in a day or two, nothing gonna stop it now.

An engineer unit which is also your Early-Mid game AI unit and tasked with a light AT role and minesweeping:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
18 Jun 2016, 22:23 PM

Actually Im looking forward to the new Sturmpioneers and OKW as a whole seems more fun to play now and I dont know why you would be complaining when the patch game OKW

- Non-doc AT Snare
- Non-doc Mg34

Aswell as having many other Non-doc stuff the faction in this state is more powerful than before in my opinion

Im also looking forward to trying new opening build orders instead of Volks Spam into luchs, the new patch is adding a multitude of new strategies for OKW while just taking away Volks Shrecks

Also Sturmpioneers arnt that expensive their just 50mp more than a Volks squad

If I have any issues with OKW is that the side-tech added is overpriced and why make the medics and repair pioneers side tech?
Shouldve been something else
18 Jun 2016, 22:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2016, 22:23 PMmedhood
OKW as a whole seems more fun to play now a
You know the OKW will be ded soon when the most hardcore allied-only players think this faction is "more fun to play as now":snfPeter:
18 Jun 2016, 22:41 PM

Or you get a sweeper or you get a schrek. Let you put yourself in some sort of dedication. So if you want to have a schrek and a sweeper you have to buy 2 sturms. Personally I'll go in most occasions for sweepers, except if I see only USF players, without a M20 or the Priest or Pershing doctrine. Raketten can do enough damage to tanks. Put it in buildings and you can just rofl at tanks.
18 Jun 2016, 22:48 PM

You can't get both upgrades at the same time? That's dumbtarded, yo :(
18 Jun 2016, 22:51 PM

You know the OKW will be ded soon when the most hardcore allied-only players think this faction is "more fun to play as now":snfPeter:

OKW is my most played 1v1 faction :snfPeter:
18 Jun 2016, 22:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2016, 22:51 PMmedhood

OKW is my most played 1v1 faction :snfPeter:

Ah, I see now.:snfCHVGame:
18 Jun 2016, 23:02 PM

Where do you see this unit being post-patch? They're expensive as shit and when you get them into close-range they aren't great against infantry anyway because yes they can dish out damage but they can't take it at all. This unit is for harassment/field defenses in my opinion unless you go Feuersturm. Raketens, mines, panzerfausts, sturms - it's all just such soft as fuck AT until you can make the heavy fuel transition into T4. You're just playing with rng if you don't get a puma and I think it's bad design to be forced to tech that way. Sturms are also you're only form of detecting mines, you're only ability to heal without T2, and you're only ability to repair without going T3. It has too many different roles for being so expensive and fragile to be given the role of your AT now.

I realize I'm speculating the meta and I could be wrong too. If it were up to me, there would be an infantry unit in OKW's T2 so it's not volks/sturm spam, but since that would be a drastic game redesign, I'm hoping that Relic creates an OKW commander that has alternative AT options post-patch.

sturmpioneer - great unit ,some times can be even op if you know to use them right early game.

why you need a puma so much ? get a rocketen get shreks on volks at this patch

preaty nice combo was getting the light p2 tank +shreks on volks and gg ;)

the point of moving the shreks on sturmpioneer was : ppl were spaming shreks to the point it breaks the game , you tell sturmpioneer arent so valuable so this will make shreks less valuable too ,in the new patch so all good :D.
18 Jun 2016, 23:06 PM

For once I agree with medhood that the side tech is indeed overpriced in my opinion, as well as the MG34 not being T0 which is complete and total bullshit, the Brits and Wehr can both do T0 MG strats while OKW can't because...? Hell even the Soviets could just mass spam Maxims, sure they're not as effective as before their nerf to the deployment time but hell, still effective if used correctly if you ask me.
19 Jun 2016, 01:29 AM

Sturmpio is a nice blend of ostheer pioneer, panzergren and partisans together. The taste of pioneer and pgren rolled into one with the health of partisans. :/
19 Jun 2016, 01:43 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Sturmpio is a nice blend of ostheer pioneer, panzergren and partisans together. The taste of pioneer and pgren rolled into one with the health of partisans. :/

'Fraid that's just your cognitive bias, because Partisan squads are literally as durable as Pioneers while Sturm Pioneers are as tough as Fallschirmjaegers.
19 Jun 2016, 01:47 AM

i think sturmpio's shrek need be switchable
19 Jun 2016, 01:56 AM

I dont think 10 fuel and 100mp is to expensive.
Also i think mine sweepers shouldn't be able to toggle on and off, there should be a direct decision on what weapons they have and stick to it.
19 Jun 2016, 02:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2016, 01:47 AMZyswen
i think sturmpio's shrek need be switchable

That is not necessary, if you go for Sturmpioneer Shrecks you're gonna most likely make up for your lack of StGs on Sturms through your Volks

This would also cause a great hissy fit as units of other factions with handheld AT already arnt allowed to do it even squads that are more expensive than the Sturms, why cant Riflemen switch out Bazookas for example they cost only 280mp compared to the 300 mp Sturms and I can definitely say the same about Panzergrenadiers, Rangers, Commandos and a multitude of other units in the game

We cant just have an AT unit instantly switch to being AI then back when ever it wants to that is just plain stupid, most likely the reason we didnt see the Ardennes Assault Rangers in Multiplayer even though it wouldve been so cool, Overpowered but cool

19 Jun 2016, 02:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2016, 02:02 AMmedhood

We cant just have an AT unit instantly switch to being AI then back when ever it wants to that is just plain stupid

Lol ever used Guards? I'm pretty sure though he was referring to the toggle of the minesweeper and the schrek.
19 Jun 2016, 02:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2016, 23:02 PMbicho1

sturmpioneer - great unit ,some times can be even op if you know to use them right early game.

why you need a puma so much ? get a rocketen get shreks on volks at this patch

preaty nice combo was getting the light p2 tank +shreks on volks and gg ;)

the point of moving the shreks on sturmpioneer was : ppl were spaming shreks to the point it breaks the game , you tell sturmpioneer arent so valuable so this will make shreks less valuable too ,in the new patch so all good :D.
raketen is not a real option as an at gun and lose vs almost any tank from the front ( let's not talk about the cetaur 2 burst and is dead while centaur still 3/4 hp)
19 Jun 2016, 02:52 AM
Donator 11

Sturms are pgrens with repair ability and OP stun nades in this new patch. They scream OP. Still there are people saying okw needs even more...

I really don't understand why axis players cry so much about this patch. Yes, it nerfs one, often used and easy to use shreckblob tactic. In the same time it also buffs every other build and tactic you can imagine as okw. You get a snare, meaning allies loose their most efficient tactic against okw: light vehicle rush. You also get usefull non-doctrinal AI infantry with new upgrade. You get better version of ostheers AT infantry while your AT gun is still cheapest in the game and still the only one with non-doc cloak and retreat meaning you can't go wrong with it. It's like a dream faction and unless the waiting time will be too long I'm going to play mostly okw this patch.

Disclaimer: No, I'm not allied fanboy. I wrote this in 2nd person to address okw only players. This faction, for some reason, has most one faction heroes.
19 Jun 2016, 03:02 AM

sturmpioneer blobs will be new thing possibly
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight