Login

russian armor

Role of the sturmpioneer in upcoming patch

21 Jun 2016, 01:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2016, 00:40 AMVuther

Me too more or less, but at least three Fausts for one Schreck? Definitely something I'd take. The new SP Schreck should also make SP replacement a lot more feasible to deal with actually.

How? Should you repair your panther or be handheld AT on the line? Put down barewire, mines or emplacements or be handheld AT on the line? Detect mines or be handheld AT on the line? SP have to many jobs already, requiring them to fill the AT role as well is yet another poor design choice. To fill all of their roles you will need 2-3 and that comes to 27 popcap and the bleed from having them on the front line is going to be difficult to deal with.

Futhermore, the STGs package is a joke and not really an upgrade.
21 Jun 2016, 08:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2016, 01:12 AMsinthe

How? Should you repair your panther or be handheld AT on the line? Put down barewire, mines or emplacements or be handheld AT on the line? Detect mines or be handheld AT on the line? SP have to many jobs already, requiring them to fill the AT role as well is yet another poor design choice. To fill all of their roles you will need 2-3 and that comes to 27 popcap and the bleed from having them on the front line is going to be difficult to deal with.

*gasp* you have to rely on actual combined arms now!

Get 2nd Spio if you have this much work for him, getting more, as you've noticed, is rather sub-optimal, so no more shreck blobs, time to spend that excessive MP on puppchen or two.
21 Jun 2016, 09:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2016, 01:12 AMsinthe

i dont think buying 3 of them is a problem. The shrek allow them to vet fast and they have the best vet in the game. any long range early game issues is solved with the mg34
21 Jun 2016, 14:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jun 2016, 21:52 PMRappy

I'm not saying they are bad, but compare the luchs kill rate to the stuart or the aaht... p4 to the HE shells of the sherman...

luchs kill much more infantry than stuart.

and I think p4 with skirts is always better than sherman. He cannot use his HE rounds if he know there is tank nearby ;)
21 Jun 2016, 14:11 PM

Will SP be able to purchase sweeper, pzschreck and flamethrower at once? :sibHyena:
21 Jun 2016, 14:16 PM

Will SP be able to purchase sweeper, pzschreck and flamethrower at once? :sibHyena:

21 Jun 2016, 14:25 PM

Agreed with OP. Sturm role is overburdened now. They suffer from the same syndrome Heretics did in DOW2; they are the solution to too many problems. We need some role diversification.

But I disagree with OKW AT sucking now more. We have all the things we had before (a bit awkwardly, I'll admit), BUT we get a faust snare.
21 Jun 2016, 14:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2016, 08:17 AMKatitof

*gasp* you have to rely on actual combined arms now!

Get 2nd Spio if you have this much work for him, getting more, as you've noticed, is rather sub-optimal, so no more shreck blobs, time to spend that excessive MP on puppchen or two.

I've always used combined arms. I suggested schrecks be tied to the number of trucks set up.

There is no other unit in the game with as much on its plate as the SP after this patch.

Edit: I would of rather seen them removed completely and seen a small reduction in the fuel cost of vehicles. Maybe, 5 or 10 fuel. Or if they have to be on the SP a reduction in cost because they are less useful or a double schreck package for 120 to make it worthwhile
21 Jun 2016, 14:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2016, 09:43 AMZyllen

i dont think buying 3 of them is a problem. The shrek allow them to vet fast and they have the best vet in the game. any long range early game issues is solved with the mg34

900 mp + 280 muni and a 35 mp replacement cost per unit..... Totally solved the problem.
21 Jun 2016, 14:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2016, 14:26 PMsinthe

I've always used combined arms. I suggested schrecks be tied to the number of trucks set up.

There is no other unit in the game with as much on its plate as the SP after this patch.

Actually, there is.

May I present you: The Royal Engineers!

What will change for OKW now is, you can't get away with just a single spio, just like any other army can't get away with just a single engi of their own.
21 Jun 2016, 14:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2016, 14:29 PMsinthe

900 mp + 280 muni and a 35 mp replacement cost per unit..... Totally solved the problem.

actually its 30 mp. as i said these guys have insane vet bonuses with the shrek they will achieve theses bonuses quickly
21 Jun 2016, 15:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2016, 14:31 PMKatitof

Actually, there is.

May I present you: The Royal Engineers!

What will change for OKW now is, you can't get away with just a single spio, just like any other army can't get away with just a single engi of their own.
yea like you can't mine swep with zook or bar or piat and Bren Kat please
21 Jun 2016, 15:36 PM

yea like you can't mine swep with zook or bar or piat and Bren Kat please

And what exactly prevents you to mine sweep with shreck then?
21 Jun 2016, 15:45 PM

^
You can ?
Yeye
23 Jun 2016, 03:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2016, 15:36 PMKatitof

And what exactly prevents you to mine sweep with shreck then?

^
You can ?
Yeye

No you cant.
It's one or the other.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %