Login

russian armor

Any opinions on the new USF mortar?

16 Jun 2016, 16:53 PM

Permanently Banned
Has anyone tried or been on the receiving end of the 60mm USF mortar? I'm especially worried about playing as Ostheer since it might make mgs obsolete in addition to the deadly nades that USF already has. It's great that relic is nerfing the nade range of suppressed inf, but with the addition of this mortar, I don't know what to think. Will an mg be able to stand still for any short period of time now?
16 Jun 2016, 16:55 PM

Did soviet mortars make mgs obsolete?
16 Jun 2016, 17:00 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2016, 16:55 PMBronski
Did soviet mortars make mgs obsolete?
Soviets have a harder time dealing with mgs. Molotovs don't insta-kill mg crew. Conscripts don't flank as well cuz their rifles aren't semi-auto (don't deal as much damage.) They don't have non-doctrinal smoke so, soviets deserve a mortar.
16 Jun 2016, 17:02 PM

Soviets have a harder time dealing with mgs. Molotovs don't insta-kill mg crew. Conscripts don't flank as well cuz their rifles aren't semi-auto (don't deal as much damage.) They don't have non-doctrinal smoke so, soviets deserve a mortar.

They have 2 mortars... One non-doc the other is doc.
16 Jun 2016, 17:04 PM

Yes T1 USF Mortars are overpowered, they shouldnt have any counters to buildings or MG's in the early game, definitely not then USF would win every game over and over

I also think the MG42 damage should be buffed by 100% so that it can actually kill infantry instead of just suppressing them, it should also be able to shoot flanking squads instead of being limited to an arc and having to reposition when a unit is flanking it
16 Jun 2016, 17:08 PM

USF nades don't insta-kill mg crew either. And you don't have to move survived mg from burning building. USF had some problems dealing with well placed mgs.
16 Jun 2016, 17:46 PM

17 Jun 2016, 06:35 AM

Only advice I can give is building mortars of you're own and using the vet 1 ability, or using your 251/250/222 to try and take it out. Ost is in for hell against USF next patch though.

.50 cal hardcountering 222/Puma and infantry

M20 hardcountering sniper, soft countering 222 and infantry

Mortar countering MG42/Pak

Rifles soft counter everything, hardcounter light vehicles, MG42, or infantry depending on muni upgrade

USF will reliably have the ability to push Ost off the map in 12 minutes
17 Jun 2016, 06:40 AM

Only advice I can give is building mortars of you're own and using the vet 1 ability, or using your 251/250/222 to try and take it out. Ost is in for hell against USF next patch though.

.50 cal hardcountering 222/Puma and infantry

M20 hardcountering sniper, soft countering 222 and infantry

Mortar countering MG42/Pak

Rifles soft counter everything, hardcounter light vehicles, MG42, or infantry depending on muni upgrade

Ostheer is in for hell against every Allied faction. The faction is outdated. Still looking forward to USF motar though, will be helpful vs OKW with smoke etc.
17 Jun 2016, 07:00 AM

Ostheer is in for hell against every Allied faction. The faction is outdated. Still looking forward to USF motar though, will be helpful vs OKW with smoke etc.

Against sovs all you have to worry about is Penals, I'm sure good HMG play or maybe even ostruppen can force them to go for T2/120mm as well, giving you tech and MP advantage. Oh and no more mine wipes is good for Ost

Against UKF it's basically the same but you have to worry less about mines

USF will literally dump on Ost up until tanks roll out, even then with buffed AT gun and Jackson I don't think they have to worry
17 Jun 2016, 08:08 AM

.50 cal hardcountering 222/Puma and infantry Supression still meh so only really good against light vehicule, finally

M20 hardcountering sniper, soft countering 222 and infantry Not hardcounter inf, adds more DPS but it's not a one man squad/army, M20 get Hardcounter by 222

Mortar countering MG42/Pak Mortar countering bunkers first, you don't let ur units be killed one by one by a mortar, don't you ?

Rifles soft counter everything, hardcounter light vehicles, MG42, or infantry depending on muni upgrade Like grens with mg42 upgrade soft counter inf, and pzgrens hard counter armor with ammo, and mg42 hardcounter light vehicule and inf with ammo too

usf have tier 1 mortar because devs are racist

Wut ? :snfPeter:
17 Jun 2016, 08:24 AM

usf have tier 1 mortar because devs are racist

Now that is one utterly idiotic comment.
17 Jun 2016, 08:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2016, 08:24 AMKatitof

Now that is one utterly idiotic comment.

It's obvious sarcasm
17 Jun 2016, 08:51 AM

What kept Ost early alive against USF is the 222, the sacrifice of sniper counter and HMG for AT, and the lack of indirect. I'll give ingame examples.

IE 3 rifle, mortar>LT>M20>.50 cal

Previously Grens could bleed rifles by engaging at range in better cover-now they get to taste the mortar, and if they reposition Rifles advance and trade better.

MG42 in buildings/choke point= hello, mortar.

.50 cal ability to shred M20 means that a .50 cal - M20 working together can hypothetically stop everything Ost has short of Paks until armor rolls out-note that as of this patch, USF can get by against Ost with only solid rifle play into the Stuart meta.

Ost will be forced to move units due to mortar, will be unable to use 222 offensively due to the .50 cal, unless it goes somewhere else. But then it can't defend the sniper, and because the M20 is pursuing the sniper he can't shoot at the Rifles + mortar combo that are clubbing the poor Grens and MG42s to death by forcing repositions with smoke and the standard mortar auto attack. Once you put LMGs or flamer REs and rifle flares into the mix it only gets worse for Ost, too.

17 Jun 2016, 08:52 AM

It's obvious sarcasm

Not sure if you know what sarcasm is.
That definitely wasn't.
nee
17 Jun 2016, 10:55 AM

I personally think it's a bit weird being in T0. I would have made them LT unlock, though that might make them a bit "too much" like the other factions...but then again they made MG34 a T0 for OKW.
17 Jun 2016, 11:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2016, 10:55 AMnee
I personally think it's a bit weird being in T0. I would have made them LT unlock, though that might make them a bit "too much" like the other factions...but then again they made MG34 a T0 for OKW.

So, you would like it to arrive when its already irrelevant, just like .50 cal?
USF T0 got too much variety?
17 Jun 2016, 12:27 PM
Benefactor 392

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment