russian armor

Any opinions on the new USF mortar?

17 Jun 2016, 20:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2016, 20:47 PMmedhood

Jackpot!

Thank you.. I was terrified for a second >.>
17 Jun 2016, 20:58 PM

Thank you.. I was terrified for a second >.>

I tend to say dumb things from time to time but this was intentional aka sarcasm :snfPeter:, USF needed some sort of t1 Garrison and MG counter

Brits get their Wasp (although they need tech) Wehrmacht and Soviets have flamers and Mortars for early game

Now just OKW could use a t1 garrison counter

If only all the factions could have flamers by default :luvDerp:
nee
17 Jun 2016, 22:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2016, 11:09 AMKatitof

So, you would like it to arrive when its already irrelevant, just like .50 cal?
USF T0 got too much variety?
Originally none of the T0 buildings had team weapons. OKW had Rak43, but then you could just rush Volksblob, and Soviets/ Ostheer's HMG came later. Relic is obviously trying to balance a change by adding MGs to Axis T0, and now Mortar to USF.

.50cal being irrelevant by unlock, maybe that's a problem that should be fixed instead of being used as strawman? Hell I wouldn't even mind if they were swapped since everyone except Cosncriptblob doesn't start with HMGs, and probably only because lelic hasn't got around to looking into Maxim spam.
17 Jun 2016, 22:14 PM

Soviets have a harder time dealing with mgs. Molotovs don't insta-kill mg crew. Conscripts don't flank as well cuz their rifles aren't semi-auto (don't deal as much damage.) They don't have non-doctrinal smoke so, soviets deserve a mortar.

wtf ??!!

from when a granade insta kill an mg crew ???

molotove is much more effective then a nade

did you ever tried puting your MG in a biulding ? some times 3 nades wont insta kill your mg crew

wermaht greens are preaty good vs rifelman ust put them in green cover then give them LMG and gg

17 Jun 2016, 22:27 PM

If the Ostheer player is using a mg to backup another, the USF player should just ignore that area until he get pack howis. That's 520 mp guarding a small area of the map. A single mg in even the best position can be broken with 3 inf squads from different directions. Dear USF players: you can't have the whole map!

"the USF player should just ignore that area until he get pack howis"
so i need to w8 until i will get a pack howy and only then i can play ? isant it insane ?

"single mg in even the best position can be broken with 3 inf squads from different directions"
wtf so i need 3 rifelman squads to break thro 1 mg who will fight your greens ? RE ? cap ?

if you got 2 mgs and 3 green squads
for every mg i need 3 for every green squad i need 1 [3+3+1+1+1=9 so i need 9 rifelman squads to win you, gonna start blobing again ]

if usf player tries to flank you shoot his troops down its thet ez

if he shoots smoke you allwase can back your troops or re position

your troops are stronger long range usf allways need to come closer but on the way they will lose models :P

17 Jun 2016, 23:08 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2016, 22:27 PMbicho1

so i need to w8 until i will get a pack howy and only then i can play ? isant it insane ?

"single mg in even the best position can be broken with 3 inf squads from different directions"
wtf so i need 3 rifelman squads to break thro 1 mg who will fight your greens ? RE ? cap ?

for every mg i need 3 for every green squad i need 1 [3+3+1+1+1=9 so i need 9 rifelman squads to win you, gonna start blobing again ]

your troops are stronger long range usf allways need to come closer but on the way they will lose models :P

LOL I can't help but say l2p for this post. Dual mgs can only guard a small part of the map. Just cap the rest of the map since the Ost player will have less units to deal with the other parts of the map. And I'm saying that you need up to 3 inf squads to overwhelm an mg. You may just need one. It all depends. Maybe you caught the mg out of position. So when you know theres an mg in a position, don't expect to just send one squad and think it'll beat the mg. You can only afford to attack one mg at a time early game cuz you wouldn't have enough units to attack another. So no, you don't need 9 riflemen. Again, clearly your thought process tells me its an l2p issue.
17 Jun 2016, 23:10 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2016, 22:27 PMbicho1

Wrong on the point of troops being stronger at long range. Rifle squads will take more damage from grens at long range, but grens will still lose regardless of range to riflemen.
17 Jun 2016, 23:10 PM

This thread and OP is noting but hyperbole. The only danger is adding variety to a otherwise stale faction. Move along
17 Jun 2016, 23:18 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2016, 22:14 PMbicho1

wtf ??!!

from when a granade insta kill an mg crew ???

molotove is much more effective then a nade

did you ever tried puting your MG in a biulding ? some times 3 nades wont insta kill your mg crew

wermaht greens are preaty good vs rifelman ust put them in green cover then give them LMG and gg

The only time mgs don't get completely wiped by a grenade is when you put it in a building. If its not in a building, the crew will get wiped 70% of the time.
17 Jun 2016, 23:23 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2016, 23:10 PMGenObi
This thread and OP is noting but hyperbole. The only danger is adding variety to a otherwise stale faction. Move along

USF is already strong enough 1v1. Proven by the win rates. Who cares about whether a faction is stale. USF is a fairly well designed faction that just needs some adjustments done for existing units. Not adding new ones that may completely change the balance for the worst. If a USF player can't clear an mg using grenades, the issue is L2P, not "i need a tier 0 mortar." How would you feel if Ostheer players whined and said "I need a non-doctrinal puma in tier 2 to counter all the light vehicles that get thrown at me." A faction can't have everything. And pack howis are quickly accessible after just a few minutes.
17 Jun 2016, 23:31 PM

Not going to read through three sides of text:

The US mortar is a good addition. Everything that gives an alternative option to Rifleman spam is good.

Further the mortar is going to be needed versus all the MGs OKW players are going to field now. I can´t see anything wrong with the addition of the mortar.
17 Jun 2016, 23:33 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2016, 23:31 PMButcher
Not going to read through three sides of text:

The US mortar is a good addition. Everything that gives an alternative option to Rifleman spam is good.

Further the mortar is going to be needed versus all the MGs OKW players are going to field now. I can´t see anything wrong with the addition of the mortar.

I kinda agree with the mortar being needed against OKW cuz they have a lot more infantry that can support their mgs which is also why I don't like the idea of OKW getting a non-doc mg. If factions have all the same-ish units, where's the diversity.
17 Jun 2016, 23:34 PM

A faction can't have everything.

You are correct, a faction with a base engineer mg, moarter and sniper needs help.

If your being hit my mortar rounds re poistion the mg, you cant realistically expect for a single unit to be uncounterable and a little micro is all you need. This is a classic l2p issue, so much so that the the l2p intially direct was in the wrong direction.
17 Jun 2016, 23:35 PM

Permanently Banned

I kinda agree with the mortar being needed against OKW cuz they have a lot more infantry that can support their mgs so going in for the grenade is much harder without losing a rifle squad to volk squads. which is also why I don't like the idea of OKW getting a non-doc mg. If factions have all the same-ish units, where's the diversity?
18 Jun 2016, 11:57 AM

LOL I can't help but say l2p for this post. Dual mgs can only guard a small part of the map. Just cap the rest of the map since the Ost player will have less units to deal with the other parts of the map. And I'm saying that you need up to 3 inf squads to overwhelm an mg. You may just need one. It all depends. Maybe you caught the mg out of position. So when you know theres an mg in a position, don't expect to just send one squad and think it'll beat the mg. You can only afford to attack one mg at a time early game cuz you wouldn't have enough units to attack another. So no, you don't need 9 riflemen. Again, clearly your thought process tells me its an l2p issue.

dont use this cheap excuse L2p issue when you are out of thoughts i have lots of games of 1 v 1 i kinda know how to play, i am not the only one thinking like this ,i have been talking to some high rank players 150 -50.

"Dual mgs can only guard a small part of the map. Just cap the rest of the map since the Ost player will have less units to deal with the other parts of the map"
you dont need all the map ,even only the fuel point and some tac points are good enough "survive" early mid game then late game its gg for you .

18 Jun 2016, 12:01 PM

The only time mgs don't get completely wiped by a grenade is when you put it in a building. If its not in a building, the crew will get wiped 70% of the time.

"The only time mgs don't get completely wiped by a grenade is when you put it in a building"
thank you ;)

"If its not in a building, the crew will get wiped 70% of the time"
its a lie if you put ur mg crew in yello cover and they are blobed one in another a nade could wipe them what heppens but sad not allwayes

mostly if your mg crew isant bunched up they wont get wiped
18 Jun 2016, 12:03 PM

Wrong on the point of troops being stronger at long range. Rifle squads will take more damage from grens at long range, but grens will still lose regardless of range to riflemen.

common man greens are better long range its a fact :P

18 Jun 2016, 12:09 PM

USF is already strong enough 1v1. Proven by the win rates. Who cares about whether a faction is stale. USF is a fairly well designed faction that just needs some adjustments done for existing units. Not adding new ones that may completely change the balance for the worst. If a USF player can't clear an mg using grenades, the issue is L2P, not "i need a tier 0 mortar." How would you feel if Ostheer players whined and said "I need a non-doctrinal puma in tier 2 to counter all the light vehicles that get thrown at me." A faction can't have everything. And pack howis are quickly accessible after just a few minutes.

statistics are false ,jova wins every game some tiems jova find really low rank palyers vs him and ez win them even i played vs jova 3 times and ofc lost :(

i watch alot of usf players ranks 100-30 1 v 1 most of them just lose
[i watch the games from coh 2 spectator mode kinda live ,new games ,this patch. ]

18 Jun 2016, 16:49 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2016, 11:57 AMbicho1

dont use this cheap excuse L2p issue when you are out of thoughts i have lots of games of 1 v 1 i kinda know how to play, i am not the only one thinking like this ,i have been talking to some high rank players 150 -50.

"Dual mgs can only guard a small part of the map. Just cap the rest of the map since the Ost player will have less units to deal with the other parts of the map"
you dont need all the map ,even only the fuel point and some tac points are good enough "survive" early mid game then late game its gg for you .

Ostheer doesn't even have that strong of a late game. Tier 4 is trash. Everyone agrees on that. If the Ostheer player is going for a Tiger, you have plenty of options to deal with it especially after the patch with the at gun and Jackson buff. Ostheer is the most underpowered faction and most difficult to play as and most agree on that.

18 Jun 2016, 16:51 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2016, 12:01 PMbicho1

"The only time mgs don't get completely wiped by a grenade is when you put it in a building"
thank you ;)

"If its not in a building, the crew will get wiped 70% of the time"
its a lie if you put ur mg crew in yello cover and they are blobed one in another a nade could wipe them what heppens but sad not allwayes

mostly if your mg crew isant bunched up they wont get wiped

If you put your mg in no cover, the riflemen can kill the gunner quite quickly by just firing at it though they don't bunch up. That's the tradeoff.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★