Login

russian armor

How to counter wehr's super-fast sniper?

13 Jun 2016, 14:19 PM

hey guys. As you know,soviet and US have a fast-timing light vehicle.

so it's not pretty hard to counter the german sniper.

but in case of brit, how to counter this super fast sniper(sniper-gren-gren build)?

UC command vehicle is available in 2cp(need much time), also AEC need 1million years...and manpower is keep draining.

For brits...is it the only way to counter german sniper is just using sniper for anti-sniper?

13 Jun 2016, 14:24 PM

I think it would be much better to create/move this thread in state office under UKF section.

On this part of forum, only trolls awaits for you ;)
13 Jun 2016, 14:25 PM

I think it would be much better to create/move this thread in state office under UKF section.

On this part of forum, only trolls awaits for you ;)

omg.. really?
13 Jun 2016, 14:27 PM

Hmm idk maybe build... A countersniper.
13 Jun 2016, 14:31 PM

Countersniper is best. AEC and UC can both technically do it, but they require the sniper out of position, so it can't be relied on.
13 Jun 2016, 14:31 PM

Build a sniper, put him on hold fire. Never move him to the front jumping from cover to cover. Get as close as you can to him without being revealed. Bait the sniper into firing at your squads, counter snipe. Done.
13 Jun 2016, 14:32 PM

The only thing related to balance I can think about is the following:
- All factions have a dedicated Sniper-detection vehicle (Kubel, 222, M20, UC, M3)
- Sniper hunters get better detection radius and better accuracy vs snipers
- It doesn't matter which one is the best

The UC is the most pathetic sniper hunter for this job because:
- It loses a lot of DPS while moving (thus it can't kill the sniper)
- The traverse rate/speed is terrible, and fausts await the UC at every corner

Instead, for Brits that vehicle should have been the AEC. (Yes, Tank Commander for Cromwell increases detection radius. By that point in time, it is too late, already).

13 Jun 2016, 14:33 PM

Counter sniper is the most reliable, but it's very micro intensive. 2nd most reliable is UC, but that's hairdo untested by 222 and will have difficulty coming to grips with sniper against a good opponent. Bear in mind that that isn't the end of the world--going UC is basically supposed to cap your mp losses while you stall for a better counter rather than kill it directly
13 Jun 2016, 14:34 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Start with tommie, bren carrier into Vickers. use the bren carrier defensively, engage at long range and don't get fausted. Never engange with your tommies the first few minutes of the game directly. By doing that you pretty much negate the enemy sniper pretty well until you get your own sniper or an AEC.
13 Jun 2016, 14:38 PM

By starting 2 identical threads about it, that's how.

On a serious note, it is a pain in stomach to deal with if it is rushed, but pulling off this playstlye and build order requires high level of experience, so it is not a common strat.
13 Jun 2016, 14:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jun 2016, 14:34 PMluvnest
Start with tommie, bren carrier into Vickers. use the bren carrier defensively, engage at long range and don't get fausted. Never engange with your tommies the first few minutes of the game directly. By doing that you pretty much negate the enemy sniper pretty well until you get your own sniper or an AEC.

but isn't it countered by 222? AEC's timing is slower than 222 as far as I think.

sniper-gren-gren-T2-222 build will be counter the vickers UC.

I mean, should I play super defensively until the AEC will come?
13 Jun 2016, 14:53 PM

Build a sniper, put him on hold fire. Never move him to the front jumping from cover to cover. Get as close as you can to him without being revealed. Bait the sniper into firing at your squads, counter snipe. Done.

dude...everybody knows how to use hold fire against enemy sniper...I just want to know any other options.
13 Jun 2016, 14:56 PM

Sniper first means there's not going to be a 'fast' anything. To get any use out of that sniper, there is only going to be a pio capping.

Keep that in mind as well. Those 222s will be delayed with such a slow capping start.
13 Jun 2016, 16:05 PM

Shoot him in the face. That usually works. Except this guy apparently - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_H%C3%A4yh%C3%A4
13 Jun 2016, 16:51 PM

but isn't it countered by 222? AEC's timing is slower than 222 as far as I think.

sniper-gren-gren-T2-222 build will be counter the vickers UC.

I mean, should I play super defensively until the AEC will come?

Pretty much I think that's the idea. You want to minimize the MP bleed inflicted by the Sniper until you can get the proper counters out yourself. You don't want to bother with Vickers UC (at least until Patch comes since the default gun is better DPS wise) - just use the UC to occupy his Grens and soak damage. Conversely you use your Tommys and Vickers to cap around the Sniper and hold your fuel to get the eventual AEC. Somewhere along there you get your own Sniper and the counter-snipe war begins. That's probably the most efficient way to go about it unless you can catch the Sniper in a bad position (which you almost never will against any player worth his salt).

One thing to keep in mind is that even damaging the Sniper in an early engagement can be a big win for you as it forces the OStheer player to either

1. Waste resources/time on a super early Med bunker
2. Be much more conservative with his hurt sniper - limiting its usefulness in the early game
13 Jun 2016, 16:57 PM

also AEC need 1million years

lol
13 Jun 2016, 17:19 PM

A second sniper is risky but extremely effective.Watch your opponent's movements to see what habit he has,instantly retreating if threat, standing still or moving around,...
Fast tech is useful but correlates with passive play.A unexpected centaur,cromwell is always devasting.

Generally speaking you have to decide between passive playstyle,which is less risky but can also cost you the game if your opponent is better,has more stamina, or the aggressive way which is more rewarding but also more risky.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★