Login

russian armor

OKW base flaks

9 Jun 2016, 13:32 PM

+100

play against 3 OKW, you CANT use recons properly at all once they have set up their flak HT

This thread is not about Flak Halftracks but ok Kappa.
9 Jun 2016, 13:55 PM

I believe Miragefla once mentioned that the reason OKW base flaks down planes is because they have a deflection crit chance to auto-kill the plane. This means that:
- Even though Flak Defences normally do no damage to (armoured) planes, each shot has a tiny chance of insta-gibbing that plane down.
- I think that gliders have no armour. Thus, Flak Base defenses always penetrate/gib the poor gliders.

--> The deflection crit chance should go away. If possible, the glider should also get an armour buff while it is airborne.

Base flak defenses used to make sense in the pre-buff OKW, when they were extremely vulnerable to vehicle rushes, and they could (realistically) not field any light vehicles of their own. This has changed.

Another annoying thing with OKW base defenses has to do with teamgames, and how base defenses are selected:
- Every time you start a teamgame, one player from each team is randomly selected
- All defense structures for that team are spawned according to the selected player's faction

Thus, if you have a mixed team of 3 OST and 1 OKW, there is a 25% chance all players benefit from OKW flak defenses. Naturally, this kills light vehicle pushes and invalidates some tactics that OST should be naturally vulnerable to (e.g., deep-base dives to eliminate snipers, assuming you even manage to dodge the faust-wall).

--> If the team-spawning issues aren't addressed in any different way, OKW should probably get fixed-facing bunkers like all other factions. If it is decided that they keep their flak defenses, penetration should be nerfed accordingly.
9 Jun 2016, 14:13 PM

This thread is not about Flak Halftracks but ok Kappa.

oh please, SCHWER BASE flak halftrack
KAPPAKAPPAKAPPAKAPPAKAPPAKAPPAKAPPAKAPPAKAPPA
9 Jun 2016, 16:32 PM

american and soviet 50.cal base emplacement pen my 222. Relic plz nerf

Since when is the 222 a tank?

Last time I checked it was a scout car and a really good one.
9 Jun 2016, 16:41 PM

Its completely unfair that with all those changes which gave OKW advantages of other factions, they still retain defence against base rushes with light tanks and some vehicles as well as free AA.

Their t4 HQ is enought.
9 Jun 2016, 19:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jun 2016, 03:04 AMLatch
and the ability to pen tanks.

+1

I don't see why they need to be better than the ones of the other factions.
9 Jun 2016, 19:50 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

-Replace OKW base flak bunkers with normal MG bunkers.

-Replace OKW constructable flak bunkers with base flak bunkers.

-Remove USF extra MG bunkers (it messes even further certain strat points on 1v1 maps)

9 Jun 2016, 20:35 PM

oh please, SCHWER BASE flak halftrack
KAPPAKAPPAKAPPAKAPPAKAPPAKAPPAKAPPAKAPPAKAPPA

Thats not a Flak Halftrack FailFish Thats a Base Structure with a Flak Gun on it Kappa
10 Jun 2016, 08:13 AM

Replacing them with bunkers makes sense imo.

However, relic should fix those AA guns finally...
10 Jun 2016, 09:04 AM

Agree free AA is plain stupid.
10 Jun 2016, 16:17 PM

american and soviet 50.cal base emplacement pen my 222. Relic plz nerf
Tanks > 222 ....
10 Jun 2016, 19:41 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

There is no reason for them to have base flak defences anymore. They were originally to help defend from light vehicle pushes because of the lack of snare, but now that volks are getting one it is unneeded.
10 Jun 2016, 21:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2016, 19:41 PMTobis
There is no reason for them to have base flak defences anymore. They were originally to help defend from light vehicle pushes because of the lack of snare, but now that volks are getting one it is unneeded.

I think brits should get base defence from light vehicles. Axis have now really potent vehicles (222 and luchs) and they can wreak havoc really good early on and brits are only faction that DOES NOT have snare after patch (yes doctrinal one, but then we should also think okw had snare).

And sniper crit in unreliable, because once you force sniper to move, it is dead meat for 222.
Meanwhile Ostheer can cover his sniper from m20 with dozen of snazer from grens ...
14 Jun 2016, 06:47 AM

I think brits should get base defence from light vehicles. Axis have now really potent vehicles (222 and luchs) and they can wreak havoc really good early on and brits are only faction that DOES NOT have snare after patch (yes doctrinal one, but then we should also think okw had snare).

And sniper crit in unreliable, because once you force sniper to move, it is dead meat for 222.
Meanwhile Ostheer can cover his sniper from m20 with dozen of snazer from grens ...

Bofors AA emplacements outside Brit base Kappa
14 Jun 2016, 12:37 PM

Yeah lets nerf OKW even further lol. If you want to nerf the base aa, then buff the buildable flak vierling emplacement, that thing sukcs balls
14 Jun 2016, 12:43 PM

Yeah lets nerf OKW even further lol. If you want to nerf the base aa, then buff the buildable flak vierling emplacement, that thing sukcs balls

1) You're insane, go play official balance mod, OKW was never stronger(maybe except december right after resource revamp)
2) doctrinal flak is completely irrelevant in this discussion
3) There is more of a reason to give UKF "base flaks" instead of bunkers then it is to keep OKW flaks now that volks have fausts, spios shrecks and puppchen is still T0.
14 Jun 2016, 14:06 PM

Please tell me why OKW needs free AA right off the bat and nobody ele does.
14 Jun 2016, 14:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2016, 12:43 PMKatitof

1) You're insane, go play official balance mod, OKW was never stronger(maybe except december right after resource revamp)
2) doctrinal flak is completely irrelevant in this discussion
3) There is more of a reason to give UKF "base flaks" instead of bunkers then it is to keep OKW flaks now that volks have fausts, spios shrecks and puppchen is still T0.

Give UKF base falks hahaha, you truely are what they say you are
14 Jun 2016, 14:24 PM

Give UKF base falks hahaha, you truely are what they say you are

Let me answer you with a direct quote, since your ability to comprehend written texts seem to match the ability of Vegeta to beat any main villain without Gokus aid.

Please tell me why OKW needs free AA right off the bat and nobody ele does.
14 Jun 2016, 15:14 PM

-Replace OKW base flak bunkers with normal MG bunkers.

-Replace OKW constructable flak bunkers with base flak bunkers.

-Remove USF extra MG bunkers (it messes even further certain strat points on 1v1 maps)

Please Relic.

OKW has no excuse for any difference in base structure now. If they want AA they should have to buy it like everybody else.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★