Veto for summer and winter maps?

Automatically veto both maps (summer and winter) with a veto
Option Distribution Votes
50%
50%
Total votes: 18
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
26 May 2016, 12:41 PM

Hello guys, I was just wondering why vetoing a map does not also veto the winter map too.
It is just annoying that you have to veto cholodny ferma twice and semosky too if you don't like those two maps.

I would suggest taking a veto (3 instead of 4 in 1v1) but veto both map types instead.
So a veto for Cholodny Ferma includes both summer and winter.

What do you think?
26 May 2016, 13:10 PM

The maps aren't exactly the same in summer and winter, that's why.

Furthermore, that's would be a bad idea for those who want to play only on the winter version of a map for example.
26 May 2016, 13:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2016, 13:10 PMCrystal

Furthermore, that's would be a bad idea for those who want to play only on the winter version of a map for example.

Still, it doesn't justify having to waste two vetoes on a map. If I don't want to play on Moscow outskirts, then I don't want to play on Moscow outskirts - doesn't matter if there's some deep snow here and there (it was an example - I don't know if there's any snow on that map).
26 May 2016, 13:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2016, 13:47 PMalfik

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2016, 13:10 PMCrystal

Still, it doesn't justify having to waste two vetoes on a map. If I don't want to play on Moscow outskirts, then I don't want to play on Moscow outskirts - doesn't matter if there's some deep snow here and there (it was an example - I don't know if there's any snow on that map).

That was also my thought. The differences are very small and I think most people don't like the winter versions if they don't like the summer versions too.

The main difference was the snow storms which have been deactivated on ALL winter maps (thank God).
26 May 2016, 14:00 PM

Yeah i totally agree. But the suggestion of the OP isn't the solution, as well as add some veto points.

Maybe add the fact that veto a summer map AND the winter version only cost 1 veto. That could do the trick.
26 May 2016, 15:37 PM
Director of Social Media Badge

I would prefer to have more different maps. For example : No more Kholodny Ferma Winter version and Summer version but Kholodny Ferma only once and another map to replace his Summer or Winter version.

And dammit, I would like to have exclusive map. That is no more map we can play in 1v1 and 2v2/2v2 and 3v3/3v3 and 4v4. For example, a 2v2 map is exclusively for 2v2 games. With 4473 maps in Steam Workshop, there are most likely good maps to add in the game.
26 May 2016, 15:46 PM

The real issue here is that there aren't enough vetos and/or not enough decent maps that people want to play on.
26 May 2016, 16:48 PM

Vetoes are pretty stupid when you think about it.

We wouldn't need vetoes at all if maps didn't favor certain factions and play styles.
26 May 2016, 17:11 PM

Vetoes are pretty stupid when you think about it.

We wouldn't need vetoes at all if maps didn't favor certain factions and play styles.

It's not really an unbalance question i think, it's rather a preference question.

Personnally, i don't like to play on some maps, so i veto them. Not because they give me an advantage or a disadvantage.
26 May 2016, 17:33 PM

I just ask for extra veto or two
26 May 2016, 17:50 PM

Moscow outskirts is the worst. I don't like that map and it takes up 2 precious vetos!
26 May 2016, 18:11 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Moscow outskirts is the worst. I don't like that map and it takes up 2 precious vetos!

I don't dislike the map but i never liked spawning on the north :P
27 May 2016, 08:01 AM
Senior Editor Badge

We're talking about Semoisky, Kholodny Ferma and Moscow Outskirts, right?

Well, I'd say if they play differently, they are different maps even though they share some characteristics. This might be the case for the Semoisky maps due to the dominant water areas which are frozen in the winter version.

I think the problem is actually another one: At least in case of Kholodny (and Moscow?) the maps are pretty much like their summer versions after removing cold tech and shuffling around the resource/victory points. So, at that point they probably should have removed one version from the automatch pool (Langreskaya (Winter) isn't in their either).

On a related note: Yeah, I know most people disliked cold-tech. And that is a problem if half of the maps in the pool have that annoying feature and your vetos are getting eaten up by those.

However, instead of removing cold-tech and making the winter versions like the summer ones, maybe they could have left in one (easily vetoed) winter map with cold-tech and removed the rest? Or add a "veto-for-all-cold-tech-maps" button?
28 May 2016, 11:19 AM

They need change a lot in the map pool and only keeping one variation of a map in it would already solve a lot.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★