Login

russian armor

Reduce Price of WC-51

Is The WC-51 performance justifying its overall cost?
Option Distribution Votes
24%
76%
Total votes: 45
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
24 May 2016, 19:08 PM
Donator 11

Hi friends,
The wc-51 truck has been a unit long gone since its changes to units inside the jeep. This unit has long suffered with poor acceleration, pathfinding, HP/Armor, and even pricing. The 0cp car is 20 fuel delaying your tech significantly even if you can manage to keep it alive long enough for 'refit' ability.

Is it possible we could buff this unit slightly?

EDIT: goofed the poll, lol. Rip
24 May 2016, 19:19 PM

I remember talking about this a week ago, let me hit you up on my opinion, k?
WC51 w/ .50 cal.
Affects: Mechanized Company

• Renamed to WC51 w/ .30 Cal.
  • Add 20 Munitions upgrade for a .50 Cal MG, renaming it back to original name and increased attack power and penetration
  • Increase Health from 180 to 200
  • WC51 Crew bail out during combat reduced from 3 seconds to 1 seconds
  • WC51 Crew comes with a free BAR and slightly more durability than a normal vehicle crew (Could be renamed to Assault Crew)

(Gives WC51 more scaling, and provides more incentives to push in more aggressively. AND gives it a reason to why it costs 20 fuel!)
24 May 2016, 19:21 PM

It should be 10 fuel Max imho, at the moment its an overpriced piece a shit
24 May 2016, 19:24 PM
Senior Editor Badge

It would be nice if people like Mittenz would l2p.

All jokes aside, It would be nice if it had better handling and reduced cost to make it manageable.

How much is the M8 Greyhound? 40 fuel?

lol.
USF could use some better premium commanders.
24 May 2016, 19:41 PM

At present, the WC51 is just fine. It comes with the withdraw and refit commander ability and can maraud around the battlefield virtually unopposed against the OKW for the first four or five minutes (until either a panzerschreck or rakettenwerfer appears). With the coming balance changes, and the introduction of snares to the Oberkommando's mainline infantry, the WC51 will become virtually useless, regardless of price and regardless of the opponent's faction. In order to remedy this, I propose that it be replaced by a raid ability that costs 35 munitions, is unlocked at 1 CP, and allows light vehicles (but not tanks) to capture territory at 1.15x speed for 1 minute. This removes a soon-to-be useless and unbalanceable ability and replaces it with something that is useful and thematically appropriate.
24 May 2016, 19:44 PM

Move the W&R ability to 1 CP.
24 May 2016, 20:30 PM

At present, the WC51 is just fine. It comes with the withdraw and refit commander ability and can maraud around the battlefield virtually unopposed against the OKW for the first four or five minutes (until either a panzerschreck or rakettenwerfer appears). With the coming balance changes, and the introduction of snares to the Oberkommando's mainline infantry, the WC51 will become virtually useless, regardless of price and regardless of the opponent's faction. In order to remedy this, I propose that it be replaced by a raid ability that costs 35 munitions, is unlocked at 1 CP, and allows light vehicles (but not tanks) to capture territory at 1.15x speed for 1 minute. This removes a soon-to-be useless and unbalanceable ability and replaces it with something that is useful and thematically appropriate.

As i understand faust ability comes up only after truck is built, so WC51 can do its work as good/bad as it does now. As a player who somtimes like to go off meta, and even use this piece, i can say, that it need to have a bit more armor - to be at least on par wih UC, and on most part better pathfinding, cause now u can use this Wonder of Murcian engineering only in open maps without many pathblockers.

Tip on it - use it with rifleman inside, and hunt down alone enemy squads (or kubel), never engage more than 1 squad (or 2 volks), or u will lose, main purpose of this strat is forcing your enemy to blob up + building expensive raketen unit, thus giving you early game advantage, after 2cp call in Engies and set up few demos, cause enemy will invest in schrecks, and not in minesweeper. After that, if u havenet forced him off, just hope u have managed squeeze off everything, cause your late game will consist only from ELITE units, like rifleman and sherman.

But about changes - price is k (if u use refit ability) - if more armor and beter pathfinding (maybe speed) would be added
24 May 2016, 20:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2016, 20:30 PMArnoLaz

As i understand faust ability comes up only after truck is built, so WC51 can do its work as good/bad as it does now. As a player who somtimes like to go off meta, and even use this piece, i can say, that it need to have a bit more armor - to be at least on par wih UC, and on most part better pathfinding, cause now u can use this Wonder of Murcian engineering only in open maps without many pathblockers.

Tip on it - use it with rifleman inside, and hunt down alone enemy squads (or kubel), never engage more than 1 squad (or 2 volks), or u will lose, main purpose of this strat is forcing your enemy to blob up + building expensive raketen unit, thus giving you early game advantage, after 2cp call in Engies and set up few demos, cause enemy will invest in schrecks, and not in minesweeper. After that, if u havenet forced him off, just hope u have managed squeeze off everything, cause your late game will consist only from ELITE units, like rifleman and sherman.

But about changes - price is k (if u use refit ability) - if more armor and beter pathfinding (maybe speed) would be added

why not put the WC51 i tier 0 with RE and rifelmans
and replace it with a sherman crocodile
24 May 2016, 20:50 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2016, 20:30 PMArnoLaz

Why do you force someone off of minesweeper against America? Would be pretty hard to capitalize on. All it sounds like is an early game repair stunt and most people don't go for the repair increase until late game.
24 May 2016, 20:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2016, 20:50 PMwouren

Why do you force someone off of minesweeper against America? Epuld be pretty hard to capitalize on. All it sounds like is an early game repair stunt and most people don't go for the repair increase until late game.

Thats the point my friend - demos work beutifully with this doc vs volk blobs, much more than amror commpany if u send out your ass engies early on.
24 May 2016, 20:56 PM

I'd say that the WC-51 just needs some increase in its acceleration and turning speed. The thing is not usable on most maps because it just gets stuck on everything and can't run away from danger.
24 May 2016, 20:58 PM

I'd say that the WC-51 just needs some increase in its acceleration and turning speed. The thing is not usable on most maps because it just gets stuck on everything and can't run away from danger.

+1/2
I'd agree with this, AND a fuel decrease to 10.
24 May 2016, 20:58 PM

why not put the WC51 i tier 0 with RE and rifelmans
and replace it with a sherman crocodile

Totaly agree, it would bring us back versatile openings from coh1, not just spam rifles.

In this case it should cost far less - 220/5, cause lets be honest after 5th minute its - 220/5 lost, and it doesnt have any late game usefulness like kubel.

I also agree that soviet clown car should cost less, yes its pain to fightt against if u dont know how, but in the end its soviet player who is gambling hes game, and IMO versatile strategies should be fun, not all-in gamble.

24 May 2016, 20:59 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2016, 20:53 PMArnoLaz

Thats the point my friend - demos work beutifully with this doc vs volk blobs, much more than amror commpany if u send out your ass engies early on.

That would work, but halftrack stats and MP sinkhole. Impedes tech and unit production for limited reward. Would agree with this strat if the HT came earlier, wasn't made of glass, or had some useful upgrade or ability. Maybe swap out the halftrack with the Russian one and reduce the CPs by one?
24 May 2016, 21:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2016, 20:59 PMwouren

That would work, but halftrack stats and MP sinkhole. Impedes tech and unit production for limited reward. Would agree with this strat if the HT came earlier, wasn't made of glass, or had some useful upgrade or ability. Maybe swap out the halftrack with the Russian one and reduce the CPs by one?

I usually refit it asap, only use for spamming engies. Only used HT as mobile hq, when i was floating mp (as USF, it like almost never), never use it as fighting unit (except 1-2 minutes after call in as shock garnison cleaner with flame upgrade), after that its as good as dead if u use it to fight. I agree that it could be russian(lol - not really russian) variant - more usefulness.

Also keep in mind - this doc is to force your enemy build AT units, which can open possibilities for u to swarm him with infrantry. Some demos and bared up rifles, and hes good as dead.

Also, luchs/222 counter this strat hard. So i wouldnt advice it if u want to use it in more serious games. Only do in certain maps with easy cutoffs.
24 May 2016, 21:30 PM

the last few games i used this commander in 2vs2, especial against double okw. This unit wins you the early game against the usual kübel, Sturmpionier combo. The Unit alone seems very weak stat wise but with rifle man inside and the ability to repair everywhere its kinda strong. I have the feeling its much stronger as the soviet m3 because you can call it in after your second Rifle man. And dont forget to puch the enemys around so they cant shoot back. :p
24 May 2016, 21:38 PM

The Soviet M3 is actually quite a bit stronger. It's more manouverable and you can use a flamer unit with it which is just soooo much better than just a rifle squad.
24 May 2016, 21:38 PM

Yea, this unit is just not worth the 20 fuel investment. Sad, I really like using this commander for the arty only.
25 May 2016, 02:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2016, 19:21 PMmedhood
It should be 10 fuel Max imho, at the moment its an overpriced piece a shit

It should be zero fuel, just like the kubel.
25 May 2016, 02:32 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Having tested it at 10 fuel awhile back at 0cp, it's definitely not a good idea as you end up with a situation where you can effectively fight it in the first few minutes. If it goes down it price it should go up in CP and be given abilities to allow it to scale into the mid-late game. Or it takes longer to call more trucks in.

Maybe OKW can deal with it as they have raketens, but Ostheer trying to deal with 2 dodge trucks with a rifle riding onboard on the cut-off in the first minute or so of the game that can shuffle in and out for repairs is very difficult to deal with and this is the time when your 3rd Grenadier squad arrives and you may only have the munitions for one faust.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 34
Germany 25
Korea, Republic Of 1
Germany 49

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %