Login

russian armor

British Needs These Vehicles!

22 May 2016, 20:27 PM

The British army doesn't look complete without these vehicles:

1) The M3 Lee — it would be nice to see this double cannon tank shooting two units simultaneously.

2) The Matilda Tank — a heavy tank like the Churchill and Comet, but unlike them this one should be non-doctrinal and available earlier.

3) SAS jeep — this one is not as essential the first two but would be a good idea for a mission. It's basically a jeep carrying a machine gun that fires incendiary bullets.
22 May 2016, 20:29 PM

don't know if any of those units were used in Europe...the jeep perhaps?

I think a mortar upgrade for the UC would be pretty nifty.
22 May 2016, 20:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2016, 20:29 PMGrim
don't know if any of those units were used in Europe...the jeep perhaps?

I think a mortar upgrade for the UC would be pretty nifty.

CoH2 isn't 100% authentic.

Besides Relic released the Pershing tank even though they didn't want at first cause they were technically not used in the war.
22 May 2016, 20:42 PM

1) The M3 Lee — it would be nice to see this double cannon tank shooting two units simultaneously.

2) The Matilda Tank — a heavy tank like the Churchill and Comet, but unlike them this one should be non-doctrinal and available earlier.

3) SAS jeep — this one is not as essential the first two but would be a good idea for a mission. It's basically a jeep carrying a machine gun that fires incendiary bullets.

Facepalm... adding more units for faction, which is already have all possible kinds and types of units in good performance and without any doctrines? Where is your mind, bro?

I think, that UKF shouldn't get units anymore. They actually should have some units removed, like Comets and Churchills, at least from stock to doctrines. Not sure, that they deserve to have snipers, and maybe would be nice to change Vikkers HMG to HMG emplacements, such as QF 6 gun should also have static analog instead of it. Maybe 17 pounder could be reworked for it somehow...

22 May 2016, 20:50 PM
Patrion 310

CoH2 isn't 100% authentic.

Besides Relic released the Pershing tank even though they didn't want at first cause they were technically not used in the war.

They were used in the War (albeit late war) since there is historical footage of an M26 taking out a Panther in Cologne

22 May 2016, 21:28 PM

If they get M3 Lee the soviets should get T-35.
22 May 2016, 23:42 PM

Facepalm... adding more units for faction, which is already have all possible kinds and types of units in good performance and without any doctrines? Where is your mind, bro?

Such OP design that they're second worst for winrates among the people who understand the game.
http://coh2chart.com/

On topic, none of these vehicles are really needed. Their roles are already filled by other units.
22 May 2016, 23:44 PM

If anyone is getting the Lee it's the US. Brits have their own tanks.

Also there were 20 pershing tanks that saw combat in ww2.
23 May 2016, 00:44 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

If anything, I would want to see more doctrinal UC upgrades.
23 May 2016, 01:21 AM

Churchill and comet ARE Non-doctrinal.
23 May 2016, 01:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2016, 00:44 AMwouren
If anything, I would want to see more doctrinal UC upgrades.

This. I would do some pretty questionable things for a UC Mortar or 2Pdr mount
23 May 2016, 03:23 AM

Churchill and comet ARE Non-doctrinal.

*Facepalms* you're right lol! Either way you get the point :)
23 May 2016, 03:24 AM

They were used in the War (albeit late war) since there is historical footage of an M26 taking out a Panther in Cologne

Well that was their reason.
23 May 2016, 03:26 AM

Such OP design that they're second worst for winrates among the people who understand the game.
http://coh2chart.com/

On topic, none of these vehicles are really needed. Their roles are already filled by other units.

Have you played Blitzkrieg, Men of War? Many of the vehicles have the same role yet Blitzkrieg is a classic and Men of War is a decent game.
23 May 2016, 05:16 AM

They actually should have some units removed, like Comets and Churchills, at least from stock to doctrines. Not sure, that they deserve to have snipers, and maybe would be nice to change Vikkers HMG to HMG emplacements, such as QF 6 gun should also have static analog instead of it. Maybe 17 pounder could be reworked for it somehow...

Now where is YOUR mind, bruh!? Are you seriously trying to turn UKF into a super turtle faction or something? More static emplacements! No thank you, I need something that can move, please.

The Comet is basically the Allies' Panther. The Germans have it non-doc, so why not for the Allies, hell even the E8 and T34-85 should be non-doc. But you know what? Axis armours just have to be superior, right? Like really!? The Churchill now is no more than just a sponge for Axis TDs, and now you want to remove it too. Bruh, unless we can make Cromwell and Firefly super strong late-game to withstand Jadgtiger, Elefant, Tiger and KT then go ahead.

Eventhough, i must agree that there is no need for new tanks for the Brits. Right now, they have a tank force that are strong enough and versatile enough for the game to be balanced (You can be either defensive or offensive). However, what Brits need is some kind of mobile indirect fire weapon (The normal mortar), cause the pit just to stationary for player that want to play aggressively.

23 May 2016, 05:56 AM

Now where is YOUR mind, bruh!? Are you seriously trying to turn UKF into a super turtle faction or something? More static emplacements! No thank you, I need something that can move, please..

Well, we have already faction, which totally can't into "turtle" and that makes serious problems sometimes, I mean USSSR. No defenses, no static positions, no defensive HMGs - only offensive gameplay. I don't see any real problems in making faction, which will have difficulties in offensive gameplay, but instead will have powerful defensive one. UKF really may be such faction, since they are priveleged to have emplacement-deffences.

But my problem here is - they not only priveleged to have powerful defenses, which may tear apart entire your army, but also they have powerful offensive units. Infantry squads are perfect infantry, specially with additional guns and UKF's tanks are very nice and good, so - they have no weakpoints in their design. Offensive gameplay - perfect, deffesnive - perfect, what balances all that then? High prices? Then they are not high enough.

Comet is not allie's Panther bro, it is Tiger himself, but with lower gun accuracy and damage. Just understand it - non-doctrinal spammable Tigers (mean you can make more than 1)... And Churchlis, destroyable only with PaK 43s or other heavy TDs, and Cromwells, which are cheap, but outperforming T-34-85 tanks and everything else... I wouldn't be against those units, really, but only if UKF don't have such powerful defenses. And I wouldn't have problems with "such powerful defenses" of UKF, if they don't have so cool offensive units. But, if it exist all together at once - I say no, that's ridiculous, that's faction without logic and inner mechanincs, just faction of everything at once. I don't understand then, why it is such big problem to give to USSR non-doc HMG bunkers and doctrinal BS-3 gun, if we already have accepted by community and creators faction, which combines powerful static defenses and offensive units of high quality without penalties at all!

23 May 2016, 06:25 AM

Well, we have already faction, which totally can't into "turtle" and that makes serious problems sometimes, I mean USSSR. No defenses, no static positions, no defensive HMGs - only offensive gameplay. I don't see any real problems in making faction, which will have difficulties in offensive gameplay, but instead will have powerful defensive one. UKF really may be such faction, since they are priveleged to have emplacement-deffences.

But my problem here is - they not only priveleged to have powerful defenses, which may tear apart entire your army, but also they have powerful offensive units. Infantry squads are perfect infantry, specially with additional guns and UKF's tanks are very nice and good, so - they have no weakpoints in their design. Offensive gameplay - perfect, deffesnive - perfect, what balances all that then? High prices? Then they are not high enough.

Comet is not allie's Panther bro, it is Tiger himself, but with lower gun accuracy and damage. Just understand it - non-doctrinal spammable Tigers (mean you can make more than 1)... And Churchlis, destroyable only with PaK 43s or other heavy TDs, and Cromwells, which are cheap, but outperforming T-34-85 tanks and everything else... I wouldn't be against those units, really, but only if UKF don't have such powerful defenses. And I wouldn't have problems with "such powerful defenses" of UKF, if they don't have so cool offensive units. But, if it exist all together at once - I say no, that's ridiculous, that's faction without logic and inner mechanincs, just faction of everything at once. I don't understand then, why it is such big problem to give to USSR non-doc HMG bunkers and doctrinal BS-3 gun, if we already have accepted by community and creators faction, which combines powerful static defenses and offensive units of high quality without penalties at all!

Actually, they do have some penalties. Infantry Sections can be very good at offensive, which is true, I agree. However, just to reinforce them after an atack would immediately drain away my MP (I usually go like 2-3 5-men ISs so it bleed quite a lot) and if your ISs somehow meet ISGs spam, snipers spam or MGs spam, you are basically f*cked in terms of MP preservation.

I play Brits aggressively, I know how powerful they can be but that doesn't mean they are invincible or OP. You must understand that when you choose to play Brits aggressively, you basically throw away the benefits of those static emplacements, cause they will be an unnecessary investment (I only build 1 pit and it got like 10 kills only). You can't be both aggressive and offensive as Brits at the same time. The faction mechanics in the first place was and now still is to allow you to choose whether go aggressive or defensive, that why their units have both of this traits but you cannot take advantage of both:
_Be aggressive : MP bleed
_Be defensive : Stationary force, can't attack.

Don't see Brits exactly the same as other factions, it’s different, cause you have the option to choose and have to face the punishment if you don't follow your option correctly. Sure it seem unfair why other factions have to be aggressive only or offensive only, but that is their uniqueness.
23 May 2016, 06:31 AM

The M3 Lee was just a stopgap thrown together while the M4 Sherman was worked out for America, and the Cromwell finalized for Britain. They wanted to use the 75mm gun but couldn't fit it in a turret, so until they figured it out, they just made them assault-gun style with a small turret on top. Once the M4 Sherman and Cromwell were available for front line use, there was no reason to keep the M3's around.

Would be a great unit for a CoH taking place in 1940 - 1942 though.
23 May 2016, 06:52 AM

I'd love to see SAS jeeps as well, but considering we have northen front british forces instead of southen ones, I highly doubt we can count on anyone but moders here.

Same for matildas, but I wouldn't want to see another POS allied tank.
23 May 2016, 07:03 AM

The only new vehicle the Brits need is the Achilles as a cheap counter part to the firefly.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 53
Germany 33
United States 4
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %