24 May 2016, 11:31 AM

vCOH engineers vet from mines

They actually didn't.

Rifles did though.
24 May 2016, 11:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2016, 11:31 AMKatitof

They actually didn't.

Rifles did though.

I remember PE teller mines give vet too. Once I use a goliath + Teller trap against Brit blob and my whole PE blob get vetted like crazy.
24 May 2016, 11:50 AM

I've said it before, I'll say it again, combine the reinforce center and field hospital upgrade of the bunker into one, give it a price of 100/120 ammo, optionally give it a forward retreat point ability, problem solved, add a 3rd field repair station upgrade, there.

#MissCommissar the Soviets suck, you're a fanboy/fangirl, deal with it, just because one Army has something another doesn't doesn't mean none of them should, giving the Soviets the ZiS-6 truck with a few upgrades or adding 2 more upgrades to the M5 Half-track might solve the problem but that's entirely up to Relic if they wanna maintain the Soviet Army's mobility.
24 May 2016, 12:01 PM

It is fine as it is. Problem is OKW with their super repair speed.
24 May 2016, 12:22 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2016, 12:01 PMEsxile
Problem is OKW with their super repair speed.

There is also USF with super glue repair speed ;) not only OKW
24 May 2016, 13:27 PM

I like this, would you also consider adding a backpacking option for Pio's and CE's to help them retain what little potency they have?

i think you either need to allow all engineer units to pack up their minesweeper (so they can function in combat and receive vet) OR, when they upgrade to a minesweeper, they gain experience from sweeping mines and from their mines that kill/damage enemy.
24 May 2016, 13:34 PM

No.
We should lower the speed of repairs of WFA and Brits, not increase SU and OST.
I disagree.

Being forced to build 18 engineers/Pioneers to have a decent repair speed is retarded design. The WFA/TBF are just perfect in that area.
24 May 2016, 13:54 PM

I disagree.

Being forced to build 18 engineers/Pioneers to have a decent repair speed is retarded design. The WFA/TBF are just perfect in that area.

How is it bad design? Quick repairs should come with a tradeoff, or there wont be any value in damaging heavies, anything but completely destroy them is a failure. That is what's bad design.
24 May 2016, 14:54 PM

How is it bad design? Quick repairs should come with a tradeoff, or there wont be any value in damaging heavies, anything but completely destroy them is a failure. That is what's bad design.

What is tradeoff for OKW turbo repairs on KT with SP vet2 sweeper next to repair truck?

USF do not have heavy armor(yes, there is pershing, but it can't self repair and lets be honest, 800hp tank is hardly a heavy armor, vet2 panther is much more of a heavy tank then it is).

UKF got engies in T1 and additional upgrades locked behind exclusive sub optimal tech, so they pay actual high tech and squad expansion costs to get great repair speeds.

Soviets need to dedicate a whole doctrine only to be able to get units back to fight in reasonable time and they are ones who are supposed to have more armor on field, on pair with USF, only redeeming factor here is these doctrines are actually useful.

Ost got just pios.

24 May 2016, 15:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2016, 14:54 PMKatitof

What is tradeoff for OKW turbo repairs on KT with SP vet2 sweeper next to repair truck?

USF do not have heavy armor(yes, there is pershing, but it can't self repair and lets be honest, 800hp tank is hardly a heavy armor, vet2 panther is much more of a heavy tank then it is).

UKF got engies in T1 and additional upgrades locked behind exclusive sub optimal tech, so they pay actual high tech and squad expansion costs to get great repair speeds.

Soviets need to dedicate a whole doctrine only to be able to get units back to fight in reasonable time and they are ones who are supposed to have more armor on field, on pair with USF, only redeeming factor here is these doctrines are actually useful.

Ost got just pios.

There is very little tradeoff, or pretty much none (OKW/USF). EFA has to spend either quite some time, or manpower and pop on squads with very little combat utility (or a doctrine for SU which isn't really viable in my experience). That's how it should be for all factions imo.
24 May 2016, 15:33 PM

Repair speed for all engineers should be in line with Wehrmacht/Soviet status. I personally think this will open more infantry game play, especially late game.
24 May 2016, 18:55 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I disagree.

Been forced to play only with tanks cause they are cost effective is also bad design. As i said, i'm ok with either situation. Bring EFA up or WFA down.
24 May 2016, 19:03 PM

Well with that logic, TD/AT taking out %50 of vehicles health with every hit is also bad design, specially against factions with garbage repair speed
24 May 2016, 19:47 PM

Well with that logic, TD/AT taking out %50 of vehicles health with every hit is also bad design, specially against factions with garbage repair speed

Super heavy TD's are another issue yes (pak43 has natural hard counters, SHTD don't(map dependant (2vs2+mostly, pretty much unviable in 1vs1), but in most cases they don't). Higher repair speeds for soviets (which is the only faction facing this issue with tradeoff for high repair speed)wont help solving that issue.

Lower repair speeds for OKW though, will force that jagdtiger out of combat for a while if damaged, or force it to combat prematurely without full repairs, if under pressure. Which leads to risks and choice.

High repair speeds for everyone removes any risk and choice. Brainless. Which is the bad design here?
24 May 2016, 19:50 PM

Which is the bad design here?
Vanilla factions having slow repair speed. There.
24 May 2016, 19:58 PM

Vanilla factions having slow repair speed. There.

https://community.companyofheroes.com/

Anyone else up for actually discussing this?
24 May 2016, 21:50 PM

especially with the amount of escape tools the Wehrmacht has, ie would we have zombie 222's?

How many escape tools does the 222 have in your fantasy world? Because last time I checked, it didn't even get the smoke ability via certain commanders (the smoke is limited to actual tanks) which is totally fine thanks to its survivability due to high health. Not to mention that a dead 222 is dead, whatever you consider a "zombie 222" seems to have no correlation with the definition of a zombie unit...
24 May 2016, 23:48 PM

How many escape tools does the 222 have in your fantasy world? Because last time I checked, it didn't even get the smoke ability via certain commanders (the smoke is limited to actual tanks) which is totally fine thanks to its survivability due to high health. Not to mention that a dead 222 is dead, whatever you consider a "zombie 222" seems to have no correlation with the definition of a zombie unit...

I'm sorry, but Panzer Tactician applies to every vehicle. As well, specifically to the 222, it has a speed of 7.2. The only things faster are the horrendous WC51, and M3. Contextually, the abundance of snares with Grenadiers also could be considered a safety net, along with many other things.

It was clear my point of "unit that does not die, seems to be invincible, or comes back from the dead" came across clear enough in the "zombie" simile indicated by your challenging of it, but I apologize for not being as well versed in undead lore as perhaps I should have been. As well, judging by your post count I hope you will excuse me for not extending a welcome to the site.

Allow me to say that conflict for conflicts sake and pedantry aren't going to win you any admirers.
nee
27 May 2016, 11:24 AM

I disagree.

Agreed; I rather everyone need 2-4 Pioniers to repair fast, rather than OKW opponents to require 8 Sturmpioniers to repair at the same speed as you would 4 of them with the repair upgrade.
Which brings another problem: Sturmpioniers cost 320 manpower, so from strategic standpoint, they'd be at a huge disadvantage in keeping heavy tanks up to spec simply because Allied factions' engineers cost far less. There's already a risk of squad wiping your Sturmpioniers when repairing something, and losing a 320 manpower squad with AT, minesweeper, emplacement/ wire AND repair capability- now the additional risk is they wouldn't even repair as fast.

At least with upping CEs and Pioniers' repair speed when upgraded, they're still shitty in combat.
27 May 2016, 13:26 PM

I'm sorry, but Panzer Tactician applies to every vehicle. As well, specifically to the 222, it has a speed of 7.2. The only things faster are the horrendous WC51, and M3. Contextually, the abundance of snares with Grenadiers also could be considered a safety net, along with many other things.

It was clear my point of "unit that does not die, seems to be invincible, or comes back from the dead" came across clear enough in the "zombie" simile indicated by your challenging of it, but I apologize for not being as well versed in undead lore as perhaps I should have been. As well, judging by your post count I hope you will excuse me for not extending a welcome to the site.

Allow me to say that conflict for conflicts sake and pedantry aren't going to win you any admirers.

Wow there, accusing him of pedantry is slightly harsh man :) In the context of the coh series, zombie often means a unit received after the death of another unit, such as the grens you got from Ost medbunkers after Volks or other infantry died. So that's probably why he was confused when you said that.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 45
unknown 15
unknown 14
Germany 21

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %