Login

russian armor

Ostheer repair bunker upgrade

22 May 2016, 15:16 PM

Hi guys

One thing which is pretty annoying for me playing Ostheer is that if you are in lategame and there are intense armored fights it takes a lot of time to get your damaged tanks back to the battlefield.
So if you have many tanks and just one pioneer squad your tanks are fighting 25% of the time and being repaired 75% of the time. (figures just serve viewpoint not actual fact based^^)
So if you want your damaged tanks back on field in a reasonable amount of time you need atleast 3 pioneer squads which are eating popcap all the time but only have a very limited impact to your fighting force.
UKF-pioneers repair much faster especially with upgrade, USF can selfrepair their vehicle, OKW have repair truck and soviet pioneers seems to repair faster too (maybe just because of less health tanks?) and have doctrinal upgrades such as consript repair ability, repair station and self repair.

What would you think about merging the heal and refresh bunker and make it more expensive (maybe with retreat point ability upgrade?) and add a repair bunker instead? Or do you think it would be too op?
22 May 2016, 15:33 PM

Er... So, soviet repair station will be doctrinal, and ostheer won't? How about no?

I think, that both soviet and ostheer engineers should have some kind of late game "repair-upgrade", which will increase their repair rate. Pretty strange, that such privelege is availiable only for UKF...
22 May 2016, 17:47 PM

I think, that both soviet and ostheer engineers should have some kind of late game "repair-upgrade", which will increase their repair rate. Pretty strange, that such privelege is availiable only for UKF...

UKF (Heavy Engineers), OKW (Minesweeper), and USF (Veterancy 2). Wehrmacht and Soviet on the other hand do not have any repair upgrades, something that should be rectified.
22 May 2016, 17:50 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Make sweepers for Ostheer and Soviet Engineers bump up their repair speed to be on par with Sappers and Rear Echelon at 2.0 from 1.6. It's already hard to get a sweeper unit to veterancy 2 unless you want to make sweeping and building give squad XP which could also work.
22 May 2016, 17:58 PM

Maybe engineers should be also able to get EXP not only from combat? From building, repair, something else? Cos... it doesn't work right here.

I just don't see connection in that. They getting veterancy in combat, but they getting such bonuses like "survivability under fire while repair" or "repair speed" or something like that, and that's most important you need. Not accuarcy or damage or whatever else combat bonuses, if we talking about Ostheer and Soviet engineers, which are not suppoused to be real combat units.

More reasonable would be for those engineers to get EXP somehow else, because... it's difficult to rise such bad euqiped for direct combat units in direct combats.
22 May 2016, 18:08 PM

All armies should repair their vehicals at slow speed
22 May 2016, 18:19 PM

Everyone's repair speed should be brought down to soviet / wehrmacht levels

tired of sticking my neck out to critically damage a KT or JT only to have it back to full hp in 20 seconds
22 May 2016, 18:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2016, 18:19 PMArclyte

tired of sticking my neck out to critically damage a KT or JT only to have it back to full hp in 20 seconds

+1000000000000000000000
22 May 2016, 18:41 PM

Your signature is gold.

22 May 2016, 19:51 PM

+1 Yeah you know that moment when this monster tank disappears in the fow with less than 1/20 health left and it will be on your doorstep again in 20 seconds. All you did do damage, it, all you sacrified was completely wasted because that last shoot bounced :S

I like your suggestion + I would like a change where each vehicle could only repaired by one squad at a time (and each building/emplacement only build by one unit at a time). Heavier tanks would take more time to be in battle again.
22 May 2016, 19:59 PM

Make sweepers for Ostheer and Soviet Engineers bump up their repair speed to be on par with Sappers and Rear Echelon at 2.0 from 1.6. It's already hard to get a sweeper unit to veterancy 2 unless you want to make sweeping and building give squad XP which could also work.

I much prefer this solution.
nee
23 May 2016, 10:26 AM

The repair speed buffs seemed to be on the basis on the following:

OKW have super tanks and few squads to repair them, so their idea is one Sturmpionier can perform as 2-3 Pioniers;
Brits have poor economy so similar to OKW, fewer sappers to perform the repairs.

Of course what wasn't taken into account was the option to just train more of Sturms and sappers and blitz repair, a strategy that can also work for Soviets and Ostheer but obviously far more efficient.

I don't mind Ostheer and Soviet minesweepers getting repair buffs, it' still a munitions sink, and unless you also give the ability to swap, there's a clear strategic drawback as one less guy (and slot) for shooting.

I'm mixed on the idea though: it does feel better to get buffs to repair stuff faster, but it is equally infuriating to critical a heavy tank but the enemy just blitz repairs it; if Ostheer/ Soviets get repair buffs, then it needs to also come with criticals having to ALWAYS be repaired last, with the only exceptions being OKW's Emergency Repairs, and USF's Critical Repair.
23 May 2016, 10:59 AM

Repair speed is actually a fairly indepth thing which informs how players use their armour, a bit like healing and squads. I would like to see thresholds in vehicle health inform repair speed inverse to health. The first 75-100% being relatively slow to repair, allowing vehicles to still be vulnerable to snares and making commanders consider whether they wish to poke, but allow the last 1-35% repair a little faster, rewarding escapes and timing. The threshold is still low enough that heavy armour isn't going to just reappear and also low enough that chasing down wounded vehicles, particularly before or during the slower repair phases could be a valuable tactical decision as well as the defence and care taken in protecting damaged vehicles.
23 May 2016, 11:59 AM

Repair speed is actually a fairly indepth thing which informs how players use their armour, a bit like healing and squads. I would like to see thresholds in vehicle health inform repair speed inverse to health. The first 75-100% being relatively slow to repair, allowing vehicles to still be vulnerable to snares and making commanders consider whether they wish to poke, but allow the last 1-35% repair a little faster, rewarding escapes and timing. The threshold is still low enough that heavy armour isn't going to just reappear and also low enough that chasing down wounded vehicles, particularly before or during the slower repair phases could be a valuable tactical decision as well as the defence and care taken in protecting damaged vehicles.

fail.

this makes the problem worse for vanila factions
23 May 2016, 12:34 PM

This.
23 May 2016, 18:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Bring EFA up to WFA levels or the other way round. Both work.
23 May 2016, 18:43 PM

I like this, would you also consider adding a backpacking option for Pio's and CE's to help them retain what little potency they have?
23 May 2016, 19:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2016, 11:59 AMSmaug

fail.

this makes the problem worse for vanila factions

It was an addendum to the issue at hand and would be applied globally. Personally, I think the Soviets have many repair options, conscripts, vehicle crew repair, stations etc. And I'm not really convinced Wehrmacht repair speed is necessarily an issue, it's certainly not at parity but I don't know whether or not that's actually a problem, or how changing it would affect the earlier stages of the game, especially with the amount of escape tools the Wehrmacht has, ie would we have zombie 222's?
24 May 2016, 11:21 AM

This please, also engineers should also get exp from mines, vCOH engineers vet from mines, why remove this feature in COH2?
24 May 2016, 11:24 AM

No.
We should lower the speed of repairs of WFA and Brits, not increase SU and OST.

If I almost killed your KT, it should be out of the field for quite long, not sitting for 30secs and ready to fight again.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★