Login

russian armor

Petition to revert crushing change

PAGES (9)down
24 May 2016, 18:11 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2016, 18:00 PMFino

What kind of messed up logic is that?
Guess that means that the campaign basically doesnt exist,because most people dont play it.

Campaign is really messed up at the moment. Some changes took effect on it, some didn't and the number of changes through 3 years of games life was so great that it is completely different to what was intended at the beginning. I'm really glad that I happened to play it at the release, since now it would be much worse of an experience.

Generally almost all relic's effort on coh2 is focused on updating multiplayer with emphasis on automatch. It's a fact and you won't change it. The automatch is simply their long term goal, the campaign was beneficial only for first year when you couldn't get it almost for free.
24 May 2016, 18:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2016, 18:00 PMFino

What kind of messed up logic is that?
Guess that means that the campaign basically doesnt exist,because most people dont play it.

Actually, most people don't play multiplayer, but campaign and comp stomps...
24 May 2016, 18:48 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2016, 18:44 PMKatitof

True, but at the same time, those who don't bother with automatch doesn't care about what is discussed on balance forums or implemented on balance patches.
24 May 2016, 18:50 PM

True, but at the same time, those who don't bother with automatch doesn't care about what is discussed on balance forums or implemented on balance patches.

We've already had a bunch of pure one faction comp stompers spamming balance forums, there was one here last month even.
24 May 2016, 18:58 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2016, 18:50 PMKatitof

We've already had a bunch of pure one faction comp stompers spamming balance forums, there was one here last month even.

I don't visit the official/steam forums, and i'll say that the number of people in that group would be less than 5% of our users.
24 May 2016, 19:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2016, 18:44 PMKatitof

It was a metaphor really,i just picked the first thing.
25 May 2016, 00:32 AM

A car pushing infantry out of cover is unrealistic only becouse it doesn't kill, or at least harm, infantry in question :D Pushing is kind of compromise between realistic behaviour and common sense. I mean it would be stupid if cars crushed infantry like tanks do, right? What would be the point to buy tanks then. So they only push infantry.

Um, no. The Kubelwagen was made of thin gauge sheet metal. Neither it nor its occupants would have survived driving across an open field against a squad of infantry. The game treats it like an armored car, which it wasn't. In terms of gameplay, it is a lot more annoying than tank crushing. It somewhat forces USF players to start games by occupying houses, which is only marginally more fun than playing UKF and building emplacements.
25 May 2016, 08:33 AM
Patrion 14

just fix ridick crushing of crom and m10 and bring back crush!
25 May 2016, 08:37 AM

I don't visit the official/steam forums, and i'll say that the number of people in that group would be less than 5% of our users.

We had one here on .org within last 2 months :snfPeter:
He was really active about buffing axis.

But yes, they are minority and thank RNGod for that.
25 May 2016, 12:35 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2016, 00:32 AMGrumpy

Um, no. The Kubelwagen was made of thin gauge sheet metal. Neither it nor its occupants would have survived driving across an open field against a squad of infantry. The game treats it like an armored car, which it wasn't. In terms of gameplay, it is a lot more annoying than tank crushing. It somewhat forces USF players to start games by occupying houses, which is only marginally more fun than playing UKF and building emplacements.

You are right that if the game was realistic it should be easier to destroy with gun fire but why shouldn't it drive over infantry if it managed to surprise it? Also, generally all units in game, including infantry are much more resistant than their real counterparts. In real battle a squad of 5 men would be killed instantly by kubels mg34 if found in the open or flanked. Same goes for kubels driver and gunner if they were cought off guard by the infantry. Here it is all different to allow player for some extent of mistakes.
26 May 2016, 16:17 PM

Fucking retarded to get rid of crushing it is anti-blob which I thought we all hate!??? Its not just crom and m10 doing it I see axis players do it all the time with p4s and panthers. Fuck I do it all the time with shermans. Okw will have a faust making it WAYYYYY more risky to attempt crushing with m10 and cromwell.

STUPID CHANGE.
26 May 2016, 16:45 PM
Patrion 14

I haven't talked on these forums for a bit, but I feel like I need to chime in about this change.

IT IS THE -Insert Expletive(s) in Adjective Form Here- CHANGE EVER.

Vehicle crush is one of the most fun and interesting aspects of COH2 at punishing bad micro. Nothing feels better than running over a blob that dared to exist near you, and watching the XP tickers go up, not even demo charges or arty skillshots.

Vehicle crushing was a great mechanic because it punished players for not paying attention to their infantry, and because it added a risk/ reward tradeoff in infantry v/ tank fights. Should I stay at distance and kite, safe from return fire? Should I charge in and punish the enemy on the assumption that the enemy is unsupported?

By taking out vehicle crush from mediums (also known as the only tanks that could reliably crush), relic basically made rushing into enemy infantry much less appealing, since you will do comparable damage at long range while being safe from enemy AT.

Vehicle crushing should return to mediums. If you have trouble with tanks crushing you, may I humbly ask you to learn to play by retreating in a timely manner and/or supporting your infantry with mines/ snares/ armor, support weapons? The enemy is making a gamble by attempting a crush, either punish him for it or minimize its impact by reacting.

Before I end this diatribe, let me clearly state that I think that current Cromwell and M10 crush IS cancerous for various reasons. This however, is not a reason to remove crush from all vehicles. What it is, is a reason to nerf the rotation rate of said vehicles.

Its simple unit balance 101, if a certain unit(s) are overperforming, you fix them, not remove an entire game mechanic.
30 May 2016, 18:13 PM
Donator 11

Bumping this. Also was there any word from relic about this?
31 May 2016, 23:27 PM

voted yes because i cannot use my beloved m10s as well :D
1 Jun 2016, 00:19 AM

If you loose anything significant to crush, it's probably due to poor micro. A well balanced army composition will tear a t34 or cromwell to bits before it can do enough damage to warrant the trade of a vehicle for a couple models of infantry. It's function is to make it less viable to just blob AT infantry (of which the axis have by far the best, for all of those saying axis doesn't get nice things) and it does a decent job of that. Beyond that, if you throw a squad into a building or garrison, it can't be crushed. If you retreat a squad in danger, it can't be crushed. Inversely, if you snare a tank attempting to crush, it will die to proper army composition. Haven't seen a player in a while who lost anything useful to crush, mainly by just having decent micro.
1 Jun 2016, 07:02 AM

I have better idea, add infantry crush to light vechiles.
1 Jun 2016, 19:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2016, 02:36 AMTobis
The thing that's nice about crushing is that it is an incredibly predictable way to deal with infantry, and has clear counters. You don't want to go buffing tank guns to deal with infantry better because that just adds more rng wipe potential. When a tank goes for a crush you can see how it is going to go, and you can decide whether to retreat or try to stay in and fight the tank. Getting up to point blank range make the tank very vulnerable to snares or AT infantry.

There is clear counterplay here. You can bait the crush into some great ambushes and if your infantry is ever significantly threatened, just instantly retreat. Crushing only punishes blobs and carelessness. It adds an interesting gameplay dynamic to tank usage that will be gone without it. Without crush you will only see tanks kiting and trying to rng wipe with the cannon at max range. Boring. Crushing is the perfect example of interesting gameplay that requires skill to utilize, and only punishes bad players. The game should not be changed to take out strategic depth and lower the skill ceiling.

Excellently put. Have not played for a while, waiting for this new patch to finally be released, but if they really remove crush then perhaps no point in playing CoH2 anymore. Being dumbed down too much. What next, nerf mgs even more so the blobbers can rule all?
1 Jun 2016, 20:25 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2016, 07:02 AMNEVEC
I have better idea, add infantry crush to light vechiles.

T70 remembers
2 Jun 2016, 07:15 AM

this change was horrible.... took so much fun out the game for no reason. bring crush back please....crush isnt a problem. if u see a tank trying to crush retreat so u dont lose nothing.. geez noobs changing game sucks
2 Jun 2016, 09:40 AM

[...]

Its simple unit balance 101, if a certain unit(s) are overperforming, you fix them, not remove an entire game mechanic.

^
A correct approach to... everything.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment