Login

russian armor

LEIG needs a fix

20 May 2016, 17:48 PM

it also is a unit which requires little to no player input.

The LeiG does nothing without player input, that was removed as they removed it's suppression
20 May 2016, 17:58 PM

Are you saying it doesn't autofire? Because I'm 99% sure that it does.

Someone else posted this before, but it might be nice to view it again. This is quick clip about the le.IG.18 75mm Infantry Support Gun, what it was used for and how it was fired.

https://youtu.be/GH1UbffL4_s
20 May 2016, 18:08 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2016, 17:12 PMLatch

*Cough* (check my player card) *Cough*

it is set to private. Okay, you play USF too. still not enuf
20 May 2016, 18:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2016, 17:48 PMDomine

The LeiG does nothing without player input, that was removed as they removed it's suppression

Since this is factually incorrect (the ISG auto fire on any spotted unit), I don't know how to address it directly. However, I will say I think you are misreading me. I am saying by and large the gun is placed in a location by the player and then ignored. Occasionally it is called upon to barrage an area (for instance when attacking an emplacement).

Also the ISG barrage and auto fire range are identical, at least at vet 0, and both of these are less than the mortar pit, and at vet 1 they are still less than the mortar pit.
20 May 2016, 18:39 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Sometimes I play this game for the LEIG. It's my guilty pleasure. I love the noise it makes and its slow but effective bleed effect. Most units can be nerfed or buffed and I won't mind that much as long as the game isn't broken, but the LEIG is my babe. When it was no longer allowed to auto-face, I had a mini panic attack. Some things don't rest in logic or sense, like my love for the LEIG but that doesn't mean they aren't real.

Please don't kill my baby.
20 May 2016, 18:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2016, 17:12 PMLatch

*Cough* (check my player card) *Cough*

Dude. Your player card says you have 0 games as OKW. Wtf?
How can you seriously discuss the leIG if you've never used it?

Also I watched a couple of games on your twitch. Man you played pretty bad. In a game on semoskiy you didn't even make your first attempt to cap your muni point till 9 minutes and even then you didn't connect it. You never attempted your own fuel and only made first attempt at theirs much later (though also forgetting to connect it). You only seemed concerned with capping your cutoff then building your mortar pit. I guess you were hoping it would do all the work for you? And why leave your sniper on hold fire all game in the far corner? Your osteer opponent needless to say, swamped you and you blamed the games imbalance. Unbelievable. How you got to top 100 is beyond me.
20 May 2016, 18:56 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

SO. MUCH. FACTS. WRONG.

OH, SU, USF mortars (including HT versions), Pack Howie on AA > 80 range
120mm and ISG > 100
Mortar pit > 115
Pack howie (3 shells) barrage > 160

So if you are not counter-battering ISG as soon as they show up, you are doing it wrong.

What about vet?
Vet1
-ISG > 105
Vet3
-SU barrage > 104
-OH, USF mortar (including HT) barrage, Pack Howie AA (if vet guide is correct) > 106
-120mm barrage > 130
-ISG barrage (which sucks) > 133

Only at vet3 and with barrage, a mortar pit would get outranged by ISG. And everyone knows, that if you want to kill an emplacement, you need to do so with attack ground/AA.

ISG trades 20 range n accuracy for poor barrage, AOE, anti garrison capabilities, retreat n lack of smoke.

aaa
20 May 2016, 19:59 PM

dont compare doctrinal stuff to LEIG. This doctrinal stuff is not available every game. If you get doc mortar (which is worse) you wuold fall behind in other components.
Compare meta to meta.

And SU barrage to leig comparision are you serious? It has a like 1-2 min cooldown and must be triggered manualy while being shitty.

Noobs dream unit that has no place in competitive game of any kind
21 May 2016, 00:57 AM

SO. MUCH. FACTS. WRONG.

ISG trades 20 range n accuracy for poor barrage, AOE, anti garrison capabilities, retreat n lack of smoke.

Everything else in your post is correct, but ISG doesn't retreat, you have to manually move it(only the Raketen does it).
21 May 2016, 01:03 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Everything else in your post is correct, but ISG doesn't retreat, you have to manually move it(only the Raketen does it).

Note that he said 'lack of' before he started the list. You simply misread, no harm done. :)
21 May 2016, 01:22 AM

Slower rotation/targeting would be nice
23 May 2016, 00:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2016, 14:51 PMGdot
How would OKW counter emplacement spam without a LeIG?
And frankly the "just go around it" or "wait till you get a panther" are ridiculous solutions.

+1
Thank god someone else sees it as I do.

The ISG is a terribly designed unit. It does not have the RoF of mortars in an attempt to limit its long range sniping, but it also is a unit which requires little to no player input.

As much as I respect you as a strategist, I find myself disagreeing with your opinions.
OKW have more or less zero mortar smoke (unless captured one). This is traded for more accurate field howitzer fire.

23 May 2016, 01:12 AM

+1
As much as I respect you as a strategist, I find myself disagreeing with your opinions.
OKW have more or less zero mortar smoke (unless captured one). This is traded for more accurate field howitzer fire.

While I do agree with you that lack of smoke requires accurate fire, I don't think that changes my assessment of the unit as fundamentally poor. The ISG works best when ignored, has extremely long range, and is highly accurate. This makes for a unit that is not well suited to COH2 where micro at a squad level should be rewarded. It is also in a faction that can utilize forward retreat and reinforce points and a big giant gun to protect it from flanking. All of this makes the unit a really boring and ultimately less interesting unit for the game. I would much have preferred a unit that required player input on both ends to make it interesting.

For instance the Pak howie has very short auto barrage, but long targeted barraged fire but few shells are actually launched. This makes the unit more like a mortar with better long range hitting power on occasion. It makes itself vulnerable for normal combat, which it has to be in to recoup cost, but can be used to hit distant targets reliably and especially as it vets up. Therefore, at times it is vulnerable to mortars while at other it hunts them. This unit is therefore a micro intensive unit for both sides, and plays fairly well. Though bunched squads getting wiped through FoW is stupid, that is not the unit's fault.

I hope that I can at least persuade you that, although as you pointed out, it is just an opinion you would agree a mortar is a far more interesting unit for COH than an ISG because of the amount of play and counter play involved.
23 May 2016, 02:41 AM

While I do agree with you that lack of smoke requires accurate fire, I don't think that changes my assessment of the unit as fundamentally poor. The ISG works best when ignored, has extremely long range, and is highly accurate.
I hope that I can at least persuade you that, although as you pointed out, it is just an opinion you would agree a mortar is a far more interesting unit for COH than an ISG because of the amount of play and counter play involved.

Oh, yes definitely agree with you there.
Compared to the rest of the units, it's similar to Brit emplacements; zero micro.
23 May 2016, 04:37 AM

Brits need a fix*

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
After that, we can talk about LEIGs
23 May 2016, 08:48 AM

Since this is factually incorrect (the ISG auto fire on any spotted unit)

The ISG autofires on every unit that they have spotted and is in their cone of fire. They do not autorotate and autoengage units unless you right click on an enemy unit, at which point it will try to track them.

It also never oneshots units, unlike it's allied sibling.
23 May 2016, 09:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2016, 08:48 AMDomine

The ISG autofires on every unit that they have spotted and is in their cone of fire. They do not autorotate and autoengage units unless you right click on an enemy unit, at which point it will try to track them.

It also never oneshots units, unlike it's allied sibling.

the leig now auto rotate and auto engage. It was changed back in a previous patch.
aaa
23 May 2016, 10:51 AM

Mortars require 0 user input and okw mortars can decide the game. In sc2 there was a unit swarmhost that requred some control but they decided that micro associated with is too low and its too safe to use it and basicaly removed him from the game. So what about Coh2 mortars that require 100 times less micro and 10 times safer to use than SF?.

Remove auto rotation from mortars or even auto fire. Mortars should counter nothing but camping
24 May 2016, 15:32 PM

I don't think the problem is ISG. The problem is many players are incredibly stubborn in building emplacements. Some Brit players will build second or third emplacement KNOWING there is a hard counter on the field such as ISG.

For God sake's, if you lose your emplacement to 2 ISGs than don't build the second one. How about shifting your build order for more aggressive start?

24 May 2016, 15:38 PM

I don't think the problem is ISG. The problem is many players are incredibly stubborn in building emplacements. Some Brit players will build second or third emplacement KNOWING there is a hard counter on the field such as ISG.

For God sake's, if you lose your emplacement to 2 ISGs than don't build the second one. How about shifting your build order for more aggressive start?

Sure, but there is one problem.

What if you need indirect fire?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight