Login

russian armor

LEIG needs a fix

19 May 2016, 23:56 PM

If you have played Vs at least 2 leigs you will know the frustration of its range and accuracy. Play brits and nothing you have can outrange, match the range or even get close to, it making it, in that matchup, overpowered.

"Just chatting pish" I hear you cry, well, that's your opinion but hear me out. If you play Brits and use the OP cancer regiment (advanced emplacement), switch on counter barrage and that will fire on LEIGs every time they shoot. Now, play the game as you would and see just how different the game becomes with emplacements actually being useful against OKW and not free EXP for LEIGs.

"But that would make emplacements OP!" It would make them harder to take down, yeah, effort would be required (shock horror) but with a variety of grenades, AT units/weapons and artillery it's not any harder than it is for OST.

I had an epic losing streak as brits, I just couldn't beat OKW, dropped for top 100 to 300+ now I simply use cancer regiment just for the counter barrage and the game feels decent again, my bofors can defend a point properly and my mortars can protect my units without, as I said, them just being free EXP.

Don't get me wrong I know that each unit needs a counter but each of the counter units should also, have a counter. A LEIG next to the Panzer HQ takes real effort to take down with no hard counter other than a lot of planning and tactics.

Don't forget Brits have no other indirect fire other than the mortar pit (LM if you have the commander of course), it's immobile, sure, it has more HP than most mortars and doesn't cause bleed, but it can't be moved!

TL/DR
In short LEIG needs a range decrease to bring it in line with mortars, do what you want to the mortar pit, reduce its damage, increase its scatter, increase its load time, same for bofors, but please, for my health, fix the LEIGs range.

Obviously people will disagree with me here but at least, please, put up a proper argument if that's the case :)

20 May 2016, 00:22 AM
Developer Relic Badge

You can only give the ISG a nerf to its range after:

Mandatory
-It can actually be able to damage ambient buildings and knock them down like other indirect-fire assets.

Pick One or a Combination
-ISG receives the ability to drop smoke rounds.
-Make its AOE drop-off for mid and far less harsh so it can damage things through splash.
-Bigger AOE so it's actually harmful to units that are slightly spread out.
-Revamped veterancy. Why does this thing need received accuracy and speed with its range?

Accuracy and range are the only things that really go for it.

20 May 2016, 00:36 AM

Indeed, I don't mind that it has accuracy, but even at max range it insta-wipes or is a direct hard counter fire and forget to emplacements no matter where they are placed.

Can't the LEIG knock down buildings? I', sure it has wrecked a few houses in games i have played, unless of course it can only hard wooden structures.
20 May 2016, 00:38 AM

Some people say OKW cant counter snipe.....Yes they can.
20 May 2016, 01:31 AM

I think autofire with range great than 80 is just inherently too powerful.

stuff like the mortar emplacement, leig, and the 120mm should get a nerf to their auto fire range down to 80 meters.
20 May 2016, 01:39 AM

Agreed, auto-fire should be limited, requiring at least SOME micro to these units because as it stands, they if left to their own devices can cause serious damage for very little, well, no, effort
20 May 2016, 02:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2016, 23:56 PMLatch
If you have played Vs at least 2 leigs you will know the frustration of its range and accuracy. Play brits and nothing you have can outrange, match the range or even get close to, it making it, in that matchup, overpowered.

"Just chatting pish" I hear you cry, well, that's your opinion but hear me out. If you play Brits and use the OP cancer regiment (advanced emplacement), switch on counter barrage and that will fire on LEIGs every time they shoot. Now, play the game as you would and see just how different the game becomes with emplacements actually being useful against OKW and not free EXP for LEIGs.

"But that would make emplacements OP!" It would make them harder to take down, yeah, effort would be required (shock horror) but with a variety of grenades, AT units/weapons and artillery it's not any harder than it is for OST.

I had an epic losing streak as brits, I just couldn't beat OKW, dropped for top 100 to 300+ now I simply use cancer regiment just for the counter barrage and the game feels decent again, my bofors can defend a point properly and my mortars can protect my units without, as I said, them just being free EXP.

Don't get me wrong I know that each unit needs a counter but each of the counter units should also, have a counter. A LEIG next to the Panzer HQ takes real effort to take down with no hard counter other than a lot of planning and tactics.

Don't forget Brits have no other indirect fire other than the mortar pit (LM if you have the commander of course), it's immobile, sure, it has more HP than most mortars and doesn't cause bleed, but it can't be moved!

TL/DR
In short LEIG needs a range decrease to bring it in line with mortars, do what you want to the mortar pit, reduce its damage, increase its scatter, increase its load time, same for bofors, but please, for my health, fix the LEIGs range.

Obviously people will disagree with me here but at least, please, put up a proper argument if that's the case :)

The leig is useless vs counterbattery on small maps, yet snipes UKF snipers roughly 10% of the time. If no counterbattery, it shuts down emplacements. It would be better if it didn't go from OP to worthless.
20 May 2016, 02:46 AM

As long as some sort of nerf happens to the mortar pit, it should be good. Ost already has a hard time versus emplacements, especially on 2v2s where ignoring them isn't an option, having OKW in the same boat would be pretty brutal.
20 May 2016, 03:45 AM

As long as some sort of nerf happens to the mortar pit, it should be good. Ost already has a hard time versus emplacements, especially on 2v2s where ignoring them isn't an option, having OKW in the same boat would be pretty brutal.

Indeed I have no qualms with nerfing the mortar pit, I just want a game that's balanced, not one that is insanely biased
20 May 2016, 03:45 AM

Watch the Propagandacast by Imperial Dane with Dusty in a 2v2 vs two UKF. Dusty's team took out five mortar pits and was doing fine until the other side abandoned emplacements.
20 May 2016, 03:46 AM

Give me a functioning bren carrier and you can make the mortar pit fire soap shells. But as long as it gets insta-KO'ed by AT, literally drives forward with its rear, and almost drives into faust range before firing when you attack-move it, we're gonna need some other way of clearing garrisons and machine guns.
20 May 2016, 04:39 AM

If Kubels can cap so should bren carriers too. (At stock without any upgrades)
Phy
20 May 2016, 04:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2016, 23:56 PMLatch

And I stopped to read.
20 May 2016, 05:08 AM

As long as it can counter UKF cancer, it does not need any change.
20 May 2016, 05:50 AM

I believe the Mortar pit's range is on par with the leig's one altho it becomes a problem when the Mortar pit is a bit behind a forward position that is under attack from a leig. That's when the leig's mobility comes into play while the mortar pit's static style is limiting it.
20 May 2016, 06:24 AM

If Kubels can cap so should bren carriers too. (At stock without any upgrades)

If bren carriers can carry troops, can be upgraded with flamer or vickers, can auto-repair (next patch) then so should Kubels too...
Logic...
20 May 2016, 07:46 AM

I believe the Mortar pit's range is on par with the leig's one altho it becomes a problem when the Mortar pit is a bit behind a forward position that is under attack from a leig. That's when the leig's mobility comes into play while the mortar pit's static style is limiting it.

It's not, max barrage range LEIG outranges the pit by a mile.
20 May 2016, 07:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2016, 07:46 AMLatch

It's not, max barrage range LEIG outranges the pit by a mile.

Are you sure it wasn't vetted? Cause I think my leigs were under fire by the mortar pit I was targetting the other day.
20 May 2016, 08:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2016, 03:45 AMLatch
I just want a game that's balanced, not one that is insanely biased
The only bias is that which exists within ourselves, within our disconnected souls. Asking to nerf the only semi-reliable counter to emplacements is one example.

If you are facing multiple leIGs that possibly means one is not enough. I also play birts alot, perhaps it is my main faction now. Use the arty flares on those leIGS. Don't place the BOFors way too forward if you lack map presence. Ditto about the pit.
20 May 2016, 08:20 AM

2 ISG + 3 volk counter brits meta-start cost more than 1500mp, didn't even include the bleed when volks facing mortars. Meanwhile the mortar pit + Bofors + 1mg + 1RE + 2IS is about 1300mp with bastion-like defense power and also decent mobile assault force. By this time I am confident to say that it is way far for okw from having enough fuel to set up the schwere truck.

Brits can further strength its assault force with additional sniper, more IS, Bren lmg upgrades then harass the shit out of the okw, while 2 ISG can barely do any damage to the constant repaired and braced emplacement, and need to changing the fire locations a lot to avoid approaching brits forces, further decreases its efficiency vs emplacement. also the non-vet ISG barrage range is at the edges of the barrage range of the mortar, it is able to counter barrage the ISG even without any range decrease.

Decrease the range of the ISG would cause this condition even more seriously, as ISG is closer to the frontline and in the range of mortar (assuming there is no bofors in front of it, other wise bofos barrage can rekt ISG in no time too) the OKW player need to constantly manually control two ISG to barrage, move to a new position to avoid counter barrage, barrage again and repeat, meanwhile also need to control the left infantries to face brits harassment and pay attention if there is any ninja attempt towards ISGs, such massive micro just for countering one emplacement, imo it is just not right.

Brits are already got good assault advantage from the support of mortar pit, good indirect fire support with decent range, a great arty fire sponge and most importantly, in your case, force the OKW to use predictable ISG spam strategy, leading lack of mobile defense and assault force, becomes fragile facing aggressive brits. There is nothing that ISG need to be changed, its function vs brits is niche, and the whole meta is easily breakable, it doesn't need change.

--------------------

Reminds me playing 3v3 vs brits emplacements spam on the urban map where has a huge quarter-sphere dried river spread the two side of the map. The brits set the emplacements in the other side of the river, about 3 mortars with 2 bofors and a forward assembly, on my side there is a forward med truck with 3 ISG countering their emplacements. We indeed entrenched ourselves well...AT, Anti infantry defense, mines, all we did was barraging each other, and scouting in force with infantry, real boring WW1 pudding.

Suddenly that guy says: this is boring. I laugh out so badly as it is so sarcastic: it is all because of he spammed the emplacements that leads to such stalemate scene. Some of the british emplacement spammer really just wish that axis would throw everything without brain on their defense and got all rekt, this is not tower defense game. Bit off-topic but it is something I always want to say for a long time.

---------------------

And again another reply that got totally ignored by everyone...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★