Login

russian armor

LEIG needs a fix

aaa
20 May 2016, 08:34 AM

abusive no-skill unit. It needs to do 0 dmg to infantry and only be a counter to camping players.
20 May 2016, 08:49 AM

The LEIG is fine.
20 May 2016, 08:56 AM

As long as "brace" is in the game there is no nerf needed for this unit.

We don´t want another faction that can´t handle emplacement cancer.

One LeIG isn´t going to counter emplacements. Even two take a lot of time and that´s 640mp. And the cancer commander can easily shrug them off/ bombard them.
20 May 2016, 09:09 AM
Patrion 14

You always think you've seen it all and then ppl surprise you again :snfPeter:
20 May 2016, 09:18 AM

Pak howie is much better
20 May 2016, 09:32 AM

Leig feels balanced to me against SU & USF, if it's effective against emplacements that's a bonus in my book ;). If anything, I would like to trade some accuracy for better AoE (for aesthetic reasons, if it upsets balance it's a no-go).

You don't HAVE to go emplacements with brits. I rarely play them nowadays so I can't really say too much, but I know a few people who like to play brits as mobile as possible. Land matress seems to be mandatory though, to cover for the lack of indirect.
20 May 2016, 09:55 AM

Just to clear things up, a single LEIG cannot counter any emplacement unless the british player dont know how to brace and/or repair.

To actually counter a mortar emp. or a bofor you need two LEIG. Thats 600MP, against a 400MP emplacement.

So i think LEIG is fine since it cannot suppress. Especially because BOFOR barrage can counter ATguns easily. Its OKWs only hardcounter against emplacements.
20 May 2016, 10:15 AM

Played a 2v2 as brits today. The OKW tried to swarm the western fuel, sending all their starting units (sturm, volk, kubel). Chased them away with IS and Vickers. Their first SchrekVolk easily killed the flamer UC (surprise sex as the schrek finished researching). I wiped a volk with a mine on the flank. Then a LEIG came, he defended with a MG34, then pushed using a blob and Luchs that ignored suppression from 2 vickers, flame-bombed my trenches, wiped my AT gun and AEC and then killed my forward tent.

Alas, I had a noob kunt ally that went cancer on the east. That was why I was forced to try and lock down this fuel, because the kunt had no fucking units and mid was infested. But even his glider insertion and IS backup couldn't stop that volks blob from killing my tent.

Two vickers could not stop that blob from advancing, due to sustained fire from LEIG. His tech tree countered mine.
Kri
20 May 2016, 10:15 AM

I tend to go for a landmatress if my opponents choses to get 2 or more leigs. Expect to be called p2w noob if you do this.
20 May 2016, 11:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2016, 09:55 AMRiCE
Just to clear things up, a single LEIG cannot counter any emplacement unless the british player dont know how to brace and/or repair.

To actually counter a mortar emp. or a bofor you need two LEIG. Thats 600MP, against a 400MP emplacement.

So i think LEIG is fine since it cannot suppress. Especially because BOFOR barrage can counter ATguns easily. Its OKWs only hardcounter against emplacements.

Not even a hard counter, it is just a soft one.

Then wait till land mattress comes and sweeps it away.
20 May 2016, 12:01 PM

The leig is too accurate, it always snipe snipers
20 May 2016, 12:13 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2016, 23:56 PMLatch
If you have played Vs at least 2 leigs you will know the frustration of its range and accuracy. Play brits and nothing you have can outrange, match the range or even get close to, it making it, in that matchup, overpowered.

"Just chatting pish" I hear you cry, well, that's your opinion but hear me out. If you play Brits and use the OP cancer regiment (advanced emplacement), switch on counter barrage and that will fire on LEIGs every time they shoot. Now, play the game as you would and see just how different the game becomes with emplacements actually being useful against OKW and not free EXP for LEIGs.

"But that would make emplacements OP!" It would make them harder to take down, yeah, effort would be required (shock horror) but with a variety of grenades, AT units/weapons and artillery it's not any harder than it is for OST.

I had an epic losing streak as brits, I just couldn't beat OKW, dropped for top 100 to 300+ now I simply use cancer regiment just for the counter barrage and the game feels decent again, my bofors can defend a point properly and my mortars can protect my units without, as I said, them just being free EXP.

Don't get me wrong I know that each unit needs a counter but each of the counter units should also, have a counter. A LEIG next to the Panzer HQ takes real effort to take down with no hard counter other than a lot of planning and tactics.

Don't forget Brits have no other indirect fire other than the mortar pit (LM if you have the commander of course), it's immobile, sure, it has more HP than most mortars and doesn't cause bleed, but it can't be moved!

TL/DR
In short LEIG needs a range decrease to bring it in line with mortars, do what you want to the mortar pit, reduce its damage, increase its scatter, increase its load time, same for bofors, but please, for my health, fix the LEIGs range.

Obviously people will disagree with me here but at least, please, put up a proper argument if that's the case :)

Someone who just plays 1 faction like you, shouldn't complain about things :-)
20 May 2016, 12:59 PM

a couple of days ago an enemy leig counterfired, and killed, 2 katjuschas LUL
wup wup and katjuschas were gone
20 May 2016, 14:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2016, 23:56 PMLatch

I had an epic losing streak as brits, I just couldn't beat OKW, dropped for top 100 to 300+ now I simply use cancer regiment just for the counter barrage and the game feels decent again, my bofors can defend a point properly and my mortars can protect my units without, as I said, them just being free EXP.

nothing special, you earned your ranks when UKF was broken/stronger, now with UKF beeing in a more balanced state you will drop some ranks.

i mean you need cancer regiment to do well like you did before, hilarious since cancer regiment is called out for beeing kinda OP :bananadance:
20 May 2016, 14:51 PM

How would OKW counter emplacement spam without a LeIG?

Stuka is too costly and everyone braces when they hear the rockets launch.

Raketten can be barraged by the bofors or the pits.

What would be the alternative here?

And frankly the "just go around it" or "wait till you get a panther" are ridiculous solutions.
20 May 2016, 15:55 PM

packhowie nobody takes about that..it also needs to be nerfed if leig is nerfed i think they are fine....previously balancing them was a nightmare
20 May 2016, 17:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2016, 12:13 PMd0ggY

Someone who just plays 1 faction like you, shouldn't complain about things :-)

*Cough* (check my player card) *Cough*
20 May 2016, 17:13 PM

nothing special, you earned your ranks when UKF was broken/stronger, now with UKF beeing in a more balanced state you will drop some ranks.

i mean you need cancer regiment to do well like you did before, hilarious since cancer regiment is called out for beeing kinda OP :bananadance:

Nope, I was in the top 100's last week. check my playercard wins/losses
20 May 2016, 17:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2016, 17:13 PMLatch

Nope, I was in the top 100's last week. check my playercard wins/losses

Whats the deal then? Ukf didnt change at all in the last 7 days? :huhsign:
20 May 2016, 17:32 PM

The ISG is a terribly designed unit. It does not have the RoF of mortars in an attempt to limit its long range sniping, but it also is a unit which requires little to no player input. Annoyingly it snipes high value units with little input from the controlling player. Buffs or nerfs to it are hard because it is trying to be a mortar and a mobile artillery gun. The indirect fire for the OKW should never have been this unit, but I fail to see how to address this now without changing the unit. OKW could easily have received the 120mm mortar or another true mortar, which would have been a better fit for the game.

Mirage is absolutely correct that should the unit be changed in anyway it must receive a range of buffs to compensate.

The confusion the weapon has on its roll is quite obvious in its vet. Is it meant to be close to the front line and fire (speed and received accuracy important)? Or is it meant to sit far back and have the player direct its fire (range and RoF important)?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★