Login

russian armor

Several pet peeves with COH2 curently

19 May 2016, 06:22 AM

These are just a few observations I have had with the game recently that I feel are too frustrating to be an acceptable 'feature' of the game. But hey, that's just me :P

1: Reloading
Units don't reload when out of combat, resulting in weapons not firing, Ostwinds not firing etc.

Solution: After X seconds out of combat (The same as healing) have the squad reload automatically.

2: Off-Maps
Only 'Some' off-maps able to be called into bases, this includes your own base (if you ever needed to).

Solution: Allow the use of your own off-maps inside your own base sector but remove ALL strikes inside enemy bases.

3: OKW Base guns
These shoot down/damage aircraft, can be decrewed, have no blind spot other than shot blockers and penetrate all vehicle types.

Solution: Give OKW bunkers (The same applies for the fortification doctrine as the flak emplacements are awful) similar to every other faction.

Side note: I understand the 'need' for this when OKW had a resource penalty, however, with the change to this it simply results in imbalance where OKW can base rush you/chase down units into your base with Luchs/Puma, you try to do that with a Stuart, T-70 or AEC and, well... Good luck getting out in one piece.

4: Unit Weapon Icons
An odd one but bare with me; Take for example Sappers, these can be equipped with Brens, Piats, Vickers, flamers and mine detectors (Not all at the same time unfortunately :P). The game does a good job for the most part showing what squad has what weapon, but equip the sappers with 2 Piats and then give them a mine detector (I don't think the order matters) and all that is indicated is a mine sweeper squad. This can be misleading to the enemy but also results in you having to zoom in to check what weapon you gave the squad

Solution: I can't really give a decent solution to this as I'm not sure what would work best, however, either giving more information when the player clicks on a squad, or, and probably less desirable... Display each of the weapons equipped under the squads badge.
19 May 2016, 09:57 AM

I honestly don't get why the auto reload isn't a thing yet. Just have units magically reload when out of combat like you said. No animation, no sound or anything. Nobody would ever notice it...

Also the targetting of base sectors with offmap abilities are incosistent to say the least. We could argue about a design intention if every ability could do it but no, not even close.
19 May 2016, 18:06 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

1- Manual reload added to certain units. Automatic reloads leads to exploit. (rush MG, pullback, wait for automatic reload, push again)

2- Yes

3- Replace base flak bunkers with normal MG bunkers. Swap base flak bunkers with constructed flak emplacements.
19 May 2016, 23:33 PM

1- Manual reload added to certain units. Automatic reloads leads to exploit. (rush MG, pullback, wait for automatic reload, push again)

2- Yes

3- Replace base flak bunkers with normal MG bunkers. Swap base flak bunkers with constructed flak emplacements.

Good point, a simple button would fix this akin to "Hold fire" and should be REALLY simple to implement. Im not sure what you mean about the build-able flaks, are they simply not AA or weaker in general?
20 May 2016, 00:19 AM

Automatic reloads leads to exploit. (rush MG, pullback, wait for automatic reload, push again)

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2016, 09:57 AMNubb3r
Just have units magically reload when out of combat like you said. No animation, no sound or anything. Nobody would ever notice it.

^ That. Nothing fancy, just instantly refill their magazines.
20 May 2016, 00:44 AM

I always figured the best way to fix this would be if they get into a fight while reloading, they interrupt the animation and return to their magazines to how they were before they started firing. Could look a little odd to view, but would be much smoother mechanically and wouldn't have the extra burden of manual reloads when attention is needed elsewhere.
20 May 2016, 17:38 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2016, 23:33 PMLatch

Good point, a simple button would fix this akin to "Hold fire" and should be REALLY simple to implement.

Nothing fancy, just instantly refill their magazines.

I always figured the best way to fix this would be if they get into a fight while reloading, they interrupt the animation and return to their magazines to how they were before they started firing. Could look a little odd to view, but would be much smoother mechanically and wouldn't have the extra burden of manual reloads when attention is needed elsewhere.

If you know how to implement it or know someone who can do it, you are free to post it here. Meanwhile, we already have a manual reload function implemented on Mirage's mod.

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2016, 23:33 PMLatch
Im not sure what you mean about the build-able flaks, are they simply not AA or weaker in general?

Base flak bunkers are stronger than build-able ones. Specially in the fact that they can't be decrewed as easily.
20 May 2016, 18:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2016, 06:22 AMLatch
1: Reloading
Units don't reload when out of combat, resulting in weapons not firing, Ostwinds not firing etc.

Solution: After X seconds out of combat (The same as healing) have the squad reload automatically.
Yeah this is a good idea. In Miragefla's mod, he also had a button on MG squads that would cause them to reload.

2: Off-Maps
Only 'Some' off-maps able to be called into bases, this includes your own base (if you ever needed to).

Solution: Allow the use of your own off-maps inside your own base sector but remove ALL strikes inside enemy bases.
+1

3: OKW Base guns
These shoot down/damage aircraft, can be decrewed, have no blind spot other than shot blockers and penetrate all vehicle types.
Base flak damaging planes was patched out a while ago. Don't be confused by the fact they still shoot at planes. The buildable flaks are the ones that damage planes, but they are terrible in almost every other way.

20 May 2016, 18:09 PM
Donator 11

Yeah this is a good idea. In Miragefla's mod, he also had a button on MG squads that would cause them to reload.

+1

Base flak damaging planes was patched out a while ago. Don't be confused by the fact they still shoot at planes. The buildable flaks are the ones that damage planes, but they are terrible in almost every other way.

If I recall correctly they didn't remove AA damage, just made it less probable that these shoot down planes.
20 May 2016, 18:38 PM

Ah yes, you are right. From March 31st, 2015 update:
Flak Base Defenses:
OKW base Flak Gun chance to shoot down aircraft has been reduced to 0.5%

It should probably be set to 0%. 0.5% is small, but that almost makes it more horrible when it actually happens.
20 May 2016, 18:44 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Fun fact: the allied air drop can be called down in two places; your base sector and the enemy's base sector.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★